• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aokiji

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
I like to refer to these type of games as #believe ("hashtag believe") games. In recent years we have gotten these announcements:

Final Fantasy Versus XIII (became XV)
Kingdom Hearts 3
The Last Guardian
Final Fantasy VII Remake
Beyond Good & Evil 2
Crash Remakes
Spyro Remakes
Shenmue III
& now Shenmue I & II HD ports

The ones we have yet to receive that I can recall that would cause hysteria upon announcement due to us believing the dream was dead or not knowing if it was still happening:

Half-Life 2 EP 3/Half-Life 3
Anything Dino-Crisis
Anything Onimusha
Agent
KotOR III or reboot
Demon Souls Remaster
New F-Zero

Am I missing any? What do you think?

Deleted member 19218

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There are loads. 10 years from now a sequel to something like Bloodborne or a new Overwatch would be a dream announcement. Of course they could just get announced this E3 but as they age they will start to become "dream" games also.

Rob2K19

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Final Fantasy Versus XIII still needs to happen. Stella must not be forgotten.

Golden Sun.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
A brand new Suikoden game.

Monster Hunter for Switch?

s-l300.jpg

Ramathevoice

Oct 26, 2017
Paris, France
Echoing the Metroid Prime posts (MP4 in the "announced" category and a remastered trilogy in the "hopefully one day" category).

I'd personally add a PC port of Red Dead Redemption to that list, and I believe many people would be thrilled by the idea of a God Hand HD remaster as well.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
For me personally, the top game that could cause hysteria (among pc gamers at least) is Half life 3.

With HL2 building up from the use of physics in a game I really don't see why they aren't working on Half Life 3 and using VR as it's "hook" and focus, I mean that'd certainly be a VR mover if there ever was one.

On a smaller scale, I'd really love to see a new Myth game (the RTS series) and a new Ultima Online game (seems like such a missed opportunity when "survival" games were the big thing a year or two ago, old school PVP w/full looting woulda fit in perfectly as a survival mmo/rpg).

Dec 14, 2017
I'm sure I'm alone in this, but I want a sequel to Amped 1&2. Not Amped 3. Amped 3 was trash.

I would definitely stand and cheer for a release of Skate 4, too.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
SMT Nocturne in HD with high quality audio.
The art direction is still beautiful today.

Riderz1337

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That Dino game that the jawmuncher (I think) keeps asking for.

I hope they make a new one just for him.

enkaisu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
A new Sonic game with a chao garden just as deep (or deeper) as SA2's.

Bloodborne sequel.

Dragon's Dogma sequel.

Shovel Knight sequel or at least spiritual successor

These are my personal dream announcements!

Status
Not open for further replies.