• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
~7 hours a week. I don't mind it, most of the time it's being paid to just sit there aside from the couple hours I have to run

Last edited:

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
Anywhere between 2-10 hours per week. Thankfully it trends much closer to the lower figure the overwhelming majority of the time.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
1.5 to 2 hours a week through Teams. (ugh...) Its WFH.

Some of you are doing 10+? Good lord.

Anjoys

Avenger
Nov 10, 2017
For those of you who spend 10 hours+ a week in meetings, what are your job titles? Are you managers, team leads etc?

Tiny Hawk

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
1 hour a week. They used to have daily check-ins for our section alone but they just shifted to having three departments get two meetings a week.

mute

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
1-2.

Culture is pretty good about understanding here that if your engineers are in meetings all week then they aren't engineering much.

C.Mongler

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Washington, DC
On a light week, probably about 3 to 4 hours.
Typical is probably closer to 6 to 8 hours.
Heavy weeks, like this week where my boss is leaving, I'm out on vacation until 2022 come the weekend, and everyone is trying to get their shit in order before both happen, I have about 14 hours of meetings on my calendar, essentially assuring I'm not productive with anything outside of them!

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone
5-15 hours a week. After we (thankfully) got some stuff off my calendar recently, I am much closer to the lower figure. But my counterpart is leaving at the end of the month and I will likely have to cover for a while, which will mean a minimum of 3 hours of triage calls per week that will be added to my calendar.

For a period in my career, I was basically in 6-7 hours of meetings per day + was the SME for the most challenging issues that came into our team + I was handling cases. I basically "started" work at 5pm.

Coen

Oct 25, 2017
Antwerp, Belgium
Somewhere between 10 and 20. About half of those are with people from other business units or externals partners, other half is just my team. 100% WFH since March 2020. I get relatively little done in between meetings. If I really need to be productive, I just plan myself into fake meetings.

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
Probably around 30 hours per week at the moment. Middle management sucks.

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
probably around 10 or so. Analytics and SEO for a big company.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
We have a one hour meeting on Mondays and it's mostly ad hoc after that - probably 2-3 additional hours per week.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
I had 12 hours of meetings just across my first two days this week. Basically been in meetings 70% of my work week which means close to no actual work being done.