• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
I have 4 vouchers and used two so far on Mario and Marvel Ultimate 3. I might get Fire Emblem after reading reviews and will most likely get Astral Chain. Maybe that means I will pass on Zelda since it is just a remake of a game I've already played (although I never did finish it). Or I could get another set, hmm.

Oct 29, 2017
One pair so far, used on Ultimate Alliance 3 and Mario Maker 2. Will probably get another pair when Link's Awakening comes out.

Dec 8, 2017
Zero. Companies can't take away or censor a game you physically own. It's my property and I want to be able to hold it.

Benedict

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Thinking about getting two but the discount is ridiculously low. Saving a bit over 150 sek, when games cost 599 sek (about $64). Think the vouchers cost 1029 sek.
Although when shown what games work with the vouchers on estore, Nintendo showed some games (Fire Emblem) including DLC. Will I be able to use one voucher for these or will Nintendo take both vouchers?

El_TigroX

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Got 2 so far... one for Mario Maker 2... holding the other for Animal Crossing.

I've debated getting a couple more, but the release schedule is a bit hazy for next year and I already planned on physical for remainder of 2019 with GCU.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Two pairs: Mario Maker, DQ Builders 2, MUA3, TBD. Probably will buy a couple more pairs.

Of note, even if you don't have GCU, it seems like Walmart's new policy is to discount switch games to 50 bucks. So if you want physical, that's where to go.

Deleted member 51789

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 9, 2019
1 set of vouchers to be used for games I can't redeem against yet Pokemon and Animal Crossing (assuming it gets added to the scheme). I feel like I want those games available on the system as and when I want to play rather than faffing with cartridges, which I'll stick with for the other Nintendo releases I'm interested in.

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
I've used it on MUA3 and Fire Emblem, will be getting Astral Chain for sure and one of the pokemon games. i also kinda want mario maker 2, links awakening, and dragon quest builders 2. such a good program for me, sucks it ends at the end of the month.

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
Only two so far. I used one to convert Smash to digital, and the other is earmarked for Animal Crossing.

That said, hopefully Nintendo doesn't delay AC past 7/31/2020.

Lylo

Oct 25, 2017
I bought one pair. Used one voucher with Super Mario Maker 2, the other one i'll use with Zelda Link's Awakening, eventually.

balohna

Nov 1, 2017
I bought one for SMM2 and figured between FE and Astral Chain I'd have at least one other game to get this summer. Looks like FE is likely.

I would only do something like this with Nintendo, since they almost never drop prices.

Moves

Oct 27, 2017
One pair. MUA3 & FE3.

Probably gonna get another pair for Astral Chain and Luigi's Mansion.

Piscus

Oct 27, 2017
I have GCU until 2024 and usually go physical. I knew I would keep returning to Super Mario Maker 2 and will probably keep returning to the new Animal Crossing, though. Not having to swap carts made it okay to vouch up.

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
0 but only cause I go physical.

Otherwise I'd have a whole bunch because the Switch summer/fall is something I am WAY into that is going to make me broke.

nStruct

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Seattle, WA
I've bought 2 pairs. Used the first pair on Mario Maker 2 and Astral Chain. The next pair will be used on Link's Awakening and Luigi's Mansion 3.

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
I've bought two pairs, used the first pair for Fire Emblem and Mario Maker 2, using the second pair for Astral Chain and most likely Luigi's Mansion 3.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Zero for me. I always go physical when it's an option, and without GCU anymore, I just wait until things hit $40 or below (which takes a while waiting for things like Target's B2G1 sales, etc.). That's fine... I have too much to play as-is.

Deleted member 14313

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
None. The vouchers mean every game is £42 instead of £50/£60 but even that isn't enough to compete with UK retail. I got Mario Maker 2 on launch day for £30. And while that is quite exceptional there is always somewhere to buy on launch for sub-£40 and if you wait a couple of weeks you can get it for sub-£35. I understand the UK has a remarkably competitive retail entertainment market but if Nintendo wants me to go digital they are going to have to start competing.

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
None. When this was first announced, the games listed were either games I already owned or had zero interest in. I didn't realize it could be used for future releases. Is there still a set list of titles it can be applied toward?

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
Four, (Mario Maker 2, MUA3, Fire Emblem and Astral Chain) and will probably buy two more for DQXI and *to be decided*, probably Link's Awakening

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017

Mario Maker 2, Astral Chain, Marvel UA3 and Link's Awakening.

Probably won't need a 3rd.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just one. Planning on using it on DQXI and, assuming it ends up on the list, Animal Crossing. Would have liked DQ physical but, eh, not super worried about it. With some discounted cards I got both of them for about $40, which is fine by me.

I already got Fire Emblem pre-ordered from Best Buy back when I had GCU. Otherwise I probably would have gotten another one. Probably would have paired it with... Super Mario Maker? Or Astral Chain.

TYRANITARR

Oct 28, 2017
Mario Maker 2 and FE Three Houses for me.

I was thinking about buying another, but I think I'll just go physical for all my future purchases.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
I bought two so far.

Super Mario Maker 2
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
Three Houses
4th is still unused

I honestly might pick up another voucher or two because I still plan to buy Pokemon, Luigi's Mansion 3, DQ 11, Zelda, Daemon Machina, and Astral Chain.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Zero.

-Don't use my Switch enough to benefit from a sizeable digital library
-Switch games hold their value
-Little faith in Nintendo to offer BC next console, much less after that.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
None. I like physical games and Walmart has new Switch games for $49.99 anyway, so I've started shopping for games there.

Status
Not open for further replies.