• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

How many languages can you speak?

Votes: 124 25.9%

Votes: 179 37.4%

Votes: 123 25.7%

Votes: 39 8.2%
  • 5+

Votes: 13 2.7%

• Total voters

Brandino

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
I'm just curious. Myself, I only know English. My wife however knows English, Hindi, Marathi, and Russian. She went to med school in Russia, which is where she learned that. What about you Era?

JustinBB7

Nov 16, 2017
Fluently 2, Dutch & English

But I can understand German (though not really speak it or anything) and I've been learning Korean for about a year and a half, which I can read and understand a lot of basic conversation flows from. And can speak Korean a tiny bit. So I voted 3 which is kinda cheating but I'm pretty proud I can even read Korean lol.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
1. Serbian
2. English
3. Japanese

It's weird, but my first language is probably my weakest at this point, just because I use it the least. I'm fluent, but will be lazy and throw in occasional English words when talking with family, and iunno how I feel about that - seems wrong.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
English and pretty much fluent and literate (But not native level) in Japanese.

I enjoy dabbling in Mandarin, Korean and Spanish for fun, but won't commit the time to get really good at any of them any time soon.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Fluently, 2. Dutch and English.

I can understand French and German too pretty well, but don't ever ask me to have a conversation in those languages.

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
3. Native Spanish, fluent English, and intermediate Japanese. I can read Japanese much better than I can speak it.

Last edited:

hiredhand

Feb 6, 2019
Five.

Two fluently (Finnish and English) and three not so fluently (Swedish, German, Spanish).

Kharnete

Has Hecht’s Number
Oct 25, 2017
Three. Native Catalan and Spanish, fluent enough in English.

Last edited:

OmniGamer

Oct 27, 2017
1 and a quarter...my (speaking) Spanish is hampered by my own insecurities....I can understand by reading and hearing it much better than I can speak it

Vaenyr

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Mar 16, 2019
Three. Greek as my native tongue, German because I was born and raised in Germany, and English.

Know a bit of Turkish and Spanish, but it's less than the basics. Also, had 6 years of Ancient Greek in school and remember basically none of it lol

bob1001

â–˛ Legend â–˛
May 7, 2020
English and Portuguese. Also some broken Spanish but it doesn't really count.

JohnDusk

Oct 24, 2018
Native: Asturian and Spanish. Fluent: English and German. Learning Japanese at the moment (I can read upper-intermediate texts but can barely talk). I have a Catalán certificate somewhere but other than reading I pretty much suck at it. When I'm fluent enough in Japanese, I'll give Catalán and French the attention that they deserve.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
I guess 3 at a push. Half of my family speaks Spanish and Portuguese but I was brought up in the UK in a purely English-speaking home, so I'm not too confident on any but English. Me and my lass go to Spain on holiday a lot and I can about hold a conversation at least.

Small Red Boy

â–˛ Legend â–˛
May 9, 2019
Spanish and english fluently. Also bit of german, but losing practice everyday cuz I don't use it.

SteveMeister

Oct 31, 2017
I'm an American, so one.
I do know enough German, French and Spanish to count, order food & beer, and ask where the toilet is.

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
English and Spanish here. I've been thinking Italian or French as a third language.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
My native dutch and english, I can understand German a little big but don't speak it.

Jebusman

Oct 27, 2017
Halifax, NS

English native, french "sort of". I can read french fairly well, but writing/listening/speaking went down the drain after I left school and never used it again.

Supreme Bean

Banned
May 28, 2022
I put 2, but I'm not fluent in anything apart from English. I could have a conversation in French (with a patient French speaker) but struggle to fully parse full speed French. I can get by as a tourist in Spanish, order food, ask directions, read descriptions in a museum etc. I can read Latin to some extent. I think all this together is equivalent to a decimals that makes 1+1!

Mar 19, 2021
I speak English, German, French and Italian, all fluently apart from Italian in which I can understand everything and hold a conversation but lack grammatical nuance when speaking