• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperNerd3000

Oct 25, 2017
This gen did some damage no doubt. I see a small recovery this upcoming gen since they seem to have smartened up and have something to prove, one more console after that which will have near-moderate success if only because first party output will be weak -- and then I think MS bows out manufacturing consoles. So I think two, including next gen.

Either on the fly steaming becomes a thing on anything with a screen after that and Xbox becomes a competitive streaming brand or PlayStation dominates the hardcore console space for the foreseeable future without competition.

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
Come on OP. They can afford to flop 5 generations and still be fine. They just invested In studios and have more money than 99% of companies on this planet. They have plenty left in the tank.

Thread should be locked.

NippleViking

May 2, 2018
Nice concern trolling.

I don't see Xbox going anywhere for a while, especially given their recent investment in first-party. If they're around long enough, they'll inevitably move away from traditional consoles, and transition into entirely online cloud streaming set-ups.

Oct 28, 2017
They'll keep making them so long as there is a market for dedicated gaming devices. Xbox is profitable, right? They haven't sold as well as they did last gen, but they didn't have a red ring o' death this gen either.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
It makes money and benefits Windows so probably a few more at least. At that point we'll probably be mostly streaming too I'd guess.

The Living Tribunal

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Op be like

giphy.gif

Xeontech

Oct 28, 2017
As soon as internet and streaming infrastructure allow for a seamless experience, generations for all platforms will be a thing of the past.

There will only be Playstation gaming network, and Xbox gaming network etc. they have already started the process.

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
As long as they forsee it as a profitable market, presumably. MS are successful enough in their other endeavours that a console underperforming for a gen probably isn't going to make much of an impact on the overall health of the company.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
It's highly unlikely a thread like this would produce anything other than system warring, so it is closed to further replies. Fearmongering over consoles is not productive.

Status
Not open for further replies.