• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

How many of cities and towns do you want in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet?

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • 2-4

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • 5-9

Votes: 60 39.0%
  • 10-15

Votes: 49 31.8%
  • 16-20

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • >20

Votes: 30 19.5%

• Total voters
Sep 5, 2021
With the new trailer I wanted to know what you think the new region will be like. Since the fact that the game is an open world should affect the number of cities.

I hope the game doesn't have a small number of cities as it will be based on the Iberian Peninsula, which is a large region compared to most of the previous regions, as well as having many different cultures.

Here is the number of all sites and settlements in the Pokémon by region:

Alola - 9
Galar - 12
Hoenn - 16
Johto - 12 (including Frontier Access and Safari Zone Gate)
Kalos - 16
Kanto - 10
Sevii Islands - 7 islands
Sinnoh - 17
Unova - 20 (including Black City and White Forest)

deqpn2w-1628310a-bda1-473c-896c-fa806bd6bce7.png

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I dunno who Gamefreak develops these days but I'll take less if they're going to be of "higher" quality city design-wise and more if they're just gonna be zones you take a quick break-in.

MGPanda

Feb 25, 2018
I don't care as long as Mallorca is playable, lmao.

I would be okay with something between Alola and Galar, I understand that the open worlds are a priority on this one.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I expect it might be in the 5-9 range. Hard we say when we don't have much of an idea of the scope but I imagine maybe one big town per region then a smaller town/settlement elsewhere in the area.

Farrac

Nov 3, 2017
Alcalá de Henares, Spain
I honestly don't need that many, particularly if it's going to be an open world. I just really hope they don't miss out on their chance of adapting a bunch of Iberian towns, considering how diverse they can be, between islamic buildings, the Gaudi art, Calatrava-style architecture, Lisbon bridges, etc.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
A big central city and four or five towns scattered around the map is enough for me. Too many modern cities would be a mistake as it would totally break the suspension of disbelief hold unless the map was totally colossal.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
The more the merrier. I hope the game is hundreds of hours long.

Delio

Oct 25, 2017
I expect eight towns myself. Looks like some of the gyms are outside so you don't really need a gym town. So eight seems fine.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
As many that they can make with them being as good looking as sword and shield but also nothing like sword and shield in terms of interaction.

I don't want a town that's one road or 2 houses with a random kid making poke noises

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
If they're great, well formed, cities, even 1 is enough. If they're typical pokemon fare, I'd like around 10ish

Atom

Jul 25, 2021
I just want them to be interesting with unique facilities and/or dungeons. Like in gen 1 to 5. Not the copy paste barren window dressing of Gen 8. Even something like Gen 7's level of detail would be an improvement.

In reality I am expecting one town and a handful of outposts dotted around the map.

Lego

Nov 14, 2017
Opening town, one for all 8 gyms, and one for the Elite 4. So at least 10.

AlexMeloche

Oct 27, 2017
A big central city and four or five towns scattered around the map is enough for me. Too many modern cities would be a mistake as it would totally break the suspension of disbelief hold unless the map was totally colossal.

Considering the themes of the game (past and future), I could see town/cities being splitted half and half between traditionnal and modern ones.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Given what we've seen and the general vibes I imagine it will be between 3 & 5 which is about as many interesting towns the series has ever been able to have in any one game.

Acidote

Oct 26, 2017
I want 10 to 15 challenges that end in a final adversary like Cynthia. Or at least like Volo.

Kyzer

Oct 25, 2017
This is an arbitrary question to me, I don't care about the specific number of cities and towns as much as I care about the gameplay experience offered in the region

OP
OP
Magister Xehanort
Sep 5, 2021
I just found out that some sites made an article based on this thread and they weren't the only one, I found translations of this article in Spanish, Portuguese and Chinese on other sites! Besides me, they also quote Jawmuncher and Glio. Here it:

Pokémon come from the fan art to all kinds of fan theories. Scarlet and Violet will take us to the new Ibery peninsula, and while developers Game Freak hasn't even told us the name of the new region yet, the fans already know what they're hoping for.

ResetEra users Magister Xehanort created a poll on the popular gaming forum after the second trailer of Scarlet and Violets revealed a bunch of new info about the game. How many cities and cities do you want in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet? It's a specific question, but the fans like to answer it. At the time of the moment, almost half of the voters want the end of the adventure.

That would actually make it the least dense of current Pokemon regions Sun and Moons Alola has the most of these locations, at nine. As Magister Xehanort points out, Black and Whites Unova is more than all the other games, with 20 in every attempt. Most people who answered the poll care much more about quality than quantity. If they are in order to have higher quality design, he says. Too many modern cities would be a mistake, said Glio.

While the problem is that Scarlet and Violet are open-world games, it's all possible. This is the direction in which Game Freak is doing. That's why we saw Pokemon Centers and 4-player multiplayer in this latest trailer. Scarlett and Violet are looking for adventure for numerous trainers in the wild.

There is still plenty of room to discuss with anybody who is curious. The past and future theory is very interesting because the new professors and the legendary Pokemon play into the theme of a different time period. We have two months to go before these theories are going to be tested, since the release date for Scarlet and Violets is November 18.

game-news24.com

Pokemon Scarlet and Violet fans know how many towns they want to go for that game already - Game News 24

Pokémon come from the fan art to all kinds of fan theories. Scarlet and Violet will take us to the new Ibery peninsula, and while developers Game Freak hasn't

Between fanart and all sorts of fan theories, Pokémon players are a passionate bunch. Scarlet and Violet will be taking us to a new Iberian Peninsula-style setting, and while developer Game Freak has yet to even tell us the name of the new region, the fans already know what they want to see there.

ResetEra user Magister Xehanort created a poll on the popular gaming forum after Scarlet and Violet's second trailer revealed a bunch of new info about the game. "How many of cities and towns do you want in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet?" It's a specific question, but the fans are happy to answer it. As of the time of this writing, just over 40% of voters want between five and nine in the final adventure.

That would actually make it the least dense of the current Pokémon regions — Sun and Moon's Alola has the least of these locations, at nine. As Magister Xehanort points out, Black and White's Unova has more than any other game, at 20. For the most part, those who answered the poll care more about quality than quantity. "I'll take less if they're going to be of 'higher quality city design-wise," says Jawmuncher. "Too many modern cities would be a mistake," Glio warns.

The question of Scarlet and Violet being an open-world game also comes up in several responses. This is indeed the direction that Game Freak is taking things with the new versions. That's why we've seen outdoor Pokémon Centers and four-player multiplayer in the latest trailer. Scarlet and Violet are looking to offer large-scale adventures for multiple trainers in the wild.

There's still plenty of room for speculation though. The Past and Future Theory around the game is quite interesting, examining how the new professors and legendary Pokémon play into the theme of different time periods. We have a few months to go before these theories can really be tested, as Scarlet and Violet's release date is November 18.