• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How many Nintendo Switch Game Vouchers are you buying this month?

Votes: 123 17.7%

Votes: 83 12.0%

Votes: 18 2.6%
  • 4+

Votes: 51 7.3%

Votes: 419 60.4%

• Total voters

neilyadig

Nov 13, 2017
I keep encountering people in different threads mentioning that they're buying multiple vouchers. How many are you getting?

It seems like this is potentially a really successful promotion that Nintendo is doing. And we all know how rare Nintendo promotions have been in the past. I hope it is successful and we keep seeing more.

Personally, I bought 2 to use with DQB2, FE3H, DQ11, and Pokemon. I could see a lot of people doing the same.

Vouchers link: https://ec.nintendo.com/US/en/pretickets/70020000000061

EDIT: In case you are not aware, see below:
PTdiagram2.jpg

Additionally, eShop gold coins can be applied to the voucher purchase for a further discount.

In the US, the promotion to purchase this voucher is supposed to end on July 31. But you can apply the voucher to a game for 12 months from the date of purchase.

EDIT 2: Let's please not start fights between physical vs digital... I totally understand some regions have access to better deals on physical, that's great! This promotion is obviously for digital buyers only.

EDIT 3: The poll is asking about "pairs" of vouchers - vouchers can only be bought to redeem 2 games at time.

Last edited:

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
I bought 1 for Fire Emblem and Pokémon.

Might buy another pair for other titles I want digitally. Probably Dragon Quest or whatnot

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Probably 2 sets. Bought 1 already.

Games I for sure want:
Astral Chain
DQ11
Links Awakening

Maybe:
Luigi's Mansion 3
Fire Emblem

No interest:
Pokemon
Animal Crossing

What else is on the list?

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone
I have 4 currently, I'm planning on using them on Zelda, Luigi, and Animal Crossing (DQ XI S & Pokemon I'm getting physically). I've used 4 (SMM2, MUA3, FETH, Astral Chain). I'll probably buy 2 more before the end of the month?

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
2 pairs (total of 4 vouchers) for:

Luigi's Mansion
Astral Chain
DQ
Animal Crossing

Link's Awakening and Pokemon I'm getting physical.

Edit: for the record, I already bought a set for SMM2 and FETH

Last edited:

Mezoly

Jimbo Replacement
Oct 25, 2017
Bought 2 sets

Games I'm getting for sure:
Fire Emblem
Astral Chain
Links Awakening

I will get one of those for my last Voucher:
Pokemon Sword
Luigi's Mansion 3

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Zero. Going digital with nintendo titles has been my biggest regret previous gen. Good games coming out soon though.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Tempted to buy a second set and pick up Fire Emblem and something else, but I shouldn't.

I feel like a dummy that I even bought one set when I don't know whether or not Animal Crossing will be buyable with them, for certain.

Pineapple

One Winged Slayer
Mar 26, 2019
USA
I'm just going with one set. The idea is great, but now that Walmart is selling retail copies for $50 I'm just going to go with that. I still get to trade and lend stuff to friends with retail. The one set will be used for Animal Crossing and some random game. However I hope they just make this a permanent thing, seems silly to keep it limited.

NeoKnight

Oct 28, 2017
I bought 3 already. Already got Mario Maker 2, and planning to get Luigi, Pokemon, Zelda. Considering Astral Chain, and that leaves me one more game in 2020 that may use the voucher. Heck, I may consider a fourth voucher, but holding off for now.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
1 pair/2 vouchers. One used on Super Mario Maker 2 and the other will be used for Animal Crossing.

I'd buy more if they were available for longer. I'm planning on buying most of the first party Switch games coming out this fall but don't want to drop $300 all at once (6 vouchers for Astral Chain, LA, DQXI, LM3, Sword, and then one more spare or just buy two sets and drop Sword). I don't understand why NA has a end date (for buying the vouchers) while EU and JP don't, what the fuck are you doing NoA

OP
OP
neilyadig

neilyadig

Nov 13, 2017
Seems like this is a good way for Nintendo to frontload revenue during this time of year. We don't even know if the vouchers are gonna work for Animal Crossing but a lot of people buying them for that anyway lol

GuessMyUserName

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
I bought a pair last month for SMM2 and Marvel, bought 2 more pairs this month for Astral Chain & Fire Emblem now, probably DxM and Link's Awakening later

... I'll probably buy 2 more pairs before the end on the month, at least one more for sure. I do want all these games anyways so may as well squeeze the most of this deal.

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
Fire Emblem
Pokemon
Dragon Quest
Astral Chain

This vouchers promotion was way too good. I wonder if Nintendo will continue it. I think it's a pretty smart way for them to offer discounts without "devaluing" their games, which is something they're always worried about.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
Maybe I'll get one and only before the month is up. Astral Chain and one other between the likes of LM3, DxM or AC.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
One, for Fire Emblem and Astral Chain. Those, along with Hitman updates and Life is Strange 2, should have me covered for gaming until Christmas.

LuigiV

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Perth, Australia
None this month, there's no reason to buy them in advance. Will get a pair of vouchers when Astral Chain drops. Might pick up another pair in September.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
Just bought two vouchers. I think I will go with Fire Emblem, Mario Maker, Dragon Quest XI, and Luigi's Mansion. I was tempted to get a third and go for Zelda + Pokémon as well... and there is Animal Crossing to consider. Too much goodness coming out here, but I didn't feel like dumping $300 upfront.

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I bought one set but when I did the math it doesn't seem to be that much of a bargain due to the completely fucked Canadian prices and provincial sales tax.

Still feels good banking a pair, though.

Oct 25, 2017
Only bought one pair so far but used both tickets. Been hoping for a sale on eshop cards but have been let down.
Need at least 150 so I can get two more pairs. Would like 3-4

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
0. I had planned on buying more but now that Walmart is basically selling all Switch games for 50 bucks I see no need to.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Does this deal really end July 31? Because if so, I guess I'll buy a third pair of them later this week.

Here's my haul ($60 in savings, plus $15 in eShop credit):

switch-vouchersgakys.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
I already bought 2, but I might get 6.

For:
1. Astral Chain/Zelda
2. Luigi's Mansion/Pokemon
3. Fire Emblem/Animal Crossing(assuming it will be in the voucher program)

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I still have GCU, lack a microSD card, & prefer physical copies, so I don't really have much of a reason to get vouchers.

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
I bought 3.

I got Marvel and Fire Emblem.

Going to use the next 3 for Zelda and maybe Luigi and Astral Chain? Still missing one game.

Funny thing is I didn't even have Nintendo Online 2 weeks ago. I saw that Mario Maker promotion and grabbed it and then I learned about the vouchers. Since I was already decided to get Fire Emblem I bought a pair and got Marvel as well. I ended up buying two more pairs...lol...good work Nintendo!

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
I just got one for Super Mario Maker 2. I'm not that interested in Nintendo's fall lineup so maybe I'll use the voucher for Animal Crossing, but that's also looking a little shaky to me too. We'll see.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Going digital has led me to play my games probably twice as much as I would otherwise.

It's amazing how eliminating the simple tedium of swapping carts and having your whole library on your system at all times just makes everything that much more compulsively playable. :-)

Nov 8, 2017
Going digital has led me to play my games probably twice as much as I would otherwise.

It's amazing how eliminating the simple tedium of swapping carts and having your whole library on your system at all times just makes everything that much more compulsively playable. :-)

This is how I totally feel. It's so much easier to play different games on a whim.

I should've been digital from the start. At least Nintendo games hold value.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I got 1 set of vouchers and spent them on Marvel and Fire Emblem, but I was recently gifted a bunch of eshop credit and I'm trying to decide if I'll save it for indies and other smaller games or get another set of vouchers.

There are a few games I am considering picking up on day 1 including: Pokemon, Daemon X Machina, Dragon Quest XI and maybe Astral Chain. I think if I got another voucher, it would be for Daemon X Machina and DQ, while I would just pay for Pokemon on its own in November.

It's all just a made up balancing act I do in my head that revolves around time and money and it's silly, but whatever lol. It wouldn't be so hard if there weren't so many smaller games I'm trying to play on Switch too. The last half of this year is insaaaane.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I bought 2 sets.

FE - redeemed
Astral Chain - redeemed
Luigi's Mansion
Animal Crossing/something else if not applicable like LA or Demon x Machina

Wondering if I should buy another for other 2020 games like potentially BotW 2, etc but they're not guaranteed at all to release next year let alone be eligible for vouchers.

Oct 25, 2017
New York
I've bought 4 pairs already.

Redeemed: Super Mario Maker 2. Dragon Quest Builders 2. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3. Fire Emblem Three Houses. Astral Chain.

3 Left to use, so prob. Luigi's Mansion 3. Legend of Zelda Link's Awakening. Dragon Quest XI.