• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jpop

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
None, but I'm glad. Swarms of kids are annoying and I'd rather enjoy myself.

melted77

Oct 28, 2017
Haven't had any trick or treaters for years. Had someone ring the doorbell and didn't answer because we didn't have any candy. :) Most people here take their kids to the malls to do the trick or treating.

MotionBlue

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Two. Didn't get any kids at work either. Makes me sad, I'm not sure if its the economic depression in Alberta or something else that stopped kids from going out.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Zero. They know not to disturb us by now I think.

Damn Americanisms. *shakes fist feebly*

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
Six, I believe

Two kids from across the road, their neighbour, and then three who are kids of family friends that stopped in. The latter live down the road from us, and say they got about 12.

Oct 25, 2017
20-25. Maybe half as many as we had last year. I really have no idea why there was such a steep drop.

Our neighborhood is pretty awesome. Our street did a potluck outside. Everyone dressed up. Then trick or treating (we handed out). Then reconvened for fireworks. In a roughly 4-block radius there were 5 or so different groups doing fireworks.

kingsamj

Oct 25, 2017
About thirty or so. We went through two full bowls of candy but still have a bunch left over because I'm paranoid about running out (and also wanted left over candy for myself..)

Deleted member 21431

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Zero. Thankfully.

I jokingly told a college yesterday that I'd collected up the cat poo from my cat to throw at anyone that tried knocking on the door.... He just replied he wasn't surprised... I seem to have got a reputation as a tight wad at work

cid85

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
From Ausitralia here. had None this year, had a couple last year. But yet dont think its as big as the USA lol

Oct 25, 2017
Hull, England
Zero, I live in a new housing estate with tons of kids but none came to the door, my partner was really disappointed as she had bought a fair amount of candy to give away. I live in the UK and Halloween just isn't the same as when I was a kid in the 80's/90's.

Calico Spice

Oct 27, 2017
My area was a complete deadzone which is so disappointing. Trunk or Treat was advertised heavily on the news, so I'm guessing that's where all the kids went. At least I only bought candy that I liked this year, so none of it will go to waste.

C4lukin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tejas
None for me, but my parents got several hundred in the Preston Hollow area of Dallas and had to shut it down.

You cannot just buy 100 dollars worth of candy in that area and expect to make it through the nite.

They try, but kids are basically bussed in from less financially viable parts of town..

I helped them find not only the best candy, ok it was mediocre, but no candy corn, pennies, or even tootsie rolls which I really enjoy, but people shit on them.

They ran out so quickly. And had to close down shop around 8pm. Central time.

So how many trick or treaters. Maybe 500. But we only had enough for 300.

Last edited:

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
Not very many. Our house is on the corner so we get skipped a lot but there was a fair amount of people out.

Not far from my place there are some crazy decorated houses. I'm talking animatronics, fog generators, lights etc. Some even run a haunted house inside.

Now that place is packed like last year as people want to check out the houses. All the street parking in the area is pretty full as people drive in from other neighborhoods.

Kay

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
15-ish before I ran out of candy. Moved into a new area that seems to be more family-packed. Street was basically swarmed with costumed kids just before sunset.

Musha_Soturi

Oct 26, 2017
Got about 9-10 groups of kids. What amazes me is how polite they all were, no grabbing, no taking more that one thing, all said thank you. I love my town.

DrKelpo

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
In my nearly 30 years on this planet I personally witnessed maybe two groups of children ringing at the houses I lived in.

From Germany tho.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
Zero. Admittedly the HOA here for my townhouse complex is having the road redone right now and it's all just dirt and rocks and hard to walk in even when light out so I'm sure parents told their kids to not walk into the area. Plus it was fucking cold last night here

AlsoZ

Oct 29, 2017
Surprisingly, none. Last year there were a few children, but it's not really an established tradition here yet.

MrWhiskers

Oct 27, 2017
I barely got any kids and I generally get a ton living in a condo association. I blame the rest of my street. They had no decorations or house lights on. I'd imagine kids looking down my street would see a single house lit up and determine it's not worth it. Bummer I have so much candy leftover

Deleted member 3876

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not nearly enough! Plenty of (expensive—I go hard) candy left. I think the neighborhood kiddos hit up the "rich" neighborhood. Fuck those blue bloods.

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Zero.

We've only had 2 - 4 in past years, so I think because our street mostly doesn't participate, they just said fuck it to the whole street this year.

Possumowner

Oct 27, 2017
Uk
None,we never get any where I am as its supported housing and everybody thinks we're all axe murderers or a little scary so they stay away,which is nice

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Had a huge bucket of candy thats now down to the bottom, so a good amount, thankfully. Surprising for a Tuesday this year. Lots of parents with multiple children.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Houses are too far apart in my area for optimal candy collection so we never get that many and now that the neighborhood kids have grown up we get none. Most just go to the subdivisions or into town. That's what we always did. Stop by the close 2 or 3 neighbors then head to the subdivision.

Cosmonaut X

Oct 26, 2017
42 this year, which is down a bit on previous years (60-70) but the weather was crap. We're planning getting a fog machine for next year for our "graveyard", along with a couple of other bits and pieces so hopefully we'll pick up again :-)

Ruze789

Oct 25, 2017
My wife and I both take our daughters out trick or treating, so we don't hand any candy out.

Most of the neighbors we asked about candy said they had given out 400-600 pieces.

We live in the most populated area of our small town, and everyone in our town plus the small town next to us comes to this neighborhood to walk around.

There were 2 or 3 families that had just moved in within the last 4 months and were completely overwhelmed by the turnout, they ran out within 30 minutes but were just hanging out outside to see the crowds.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
I would literally pay $10 for a geographic map of these posts and their relative trick or treat rates. And I'd pay $20 to collate several years of data.

Luxorek

Oct 25, 2017
Poland
None. Not a tradition here in Poland. There is plenty of adult Halloween themed parties though. Another excuse to drink, heh.

elektrixx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Didn't get anyone last night. Tonight I ate six or seven M&M's fun size packets. That's probably less than 10% of the chocolate I bought so I'm gonna be gross in a week.

FinFunnels

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
We didn't get any and my girl was really disappointed. We just moved into a new apartment complex earlier in October and my girl was really hoping we'd get trick or treaters since we never did at our old apartment. She bought candy and decorations and got dressed up, but not a single person came.

pixeldreams

Oct 27, 2017
None, our block only has a few houses on it so most years it is very few at most. This year I didn't mind since how shit the weather was.

Sorithin

Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland
We usually get about 100, but we only got tops 20 this year. Super disappointing and sad. We live in a very family-oriented small town and when I was a kid (only like 10-15 years ago), Halloween was huge and we had to wait in line to get candy at people's houses because there were so many kids out. It's a dying holiday, it seems :(

FreeangelGP05

Oct 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
We got 3. A few kids went to the houses next to us that were dark, with no lights on while ignoring ours with lights on. It was a weird trick-or-treat experience this year haha