• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
30 days (PTO, so that's sick time and vacation time). Some of those days are regular holidays like Christmas, etc., so it's more like maybe 25 days that I actually get to choose for myself.

I'm pretty happy with that; I know that the majority of people here in the USA don't get that much, and it sucks. I was there in my youth...worked a bunch of shitty retail jobs that didn't give me a single day. "You're sick? Too fucking bad; your ass better be here," is the common attitude of retail employers here.

Furyous

Banned
Jan 7, 2018
I get no days of vacation. I fractured my ankle severely and missed a grand total of three days. After that I worked 81 hours a week consistently causing my injury to take 13 weeks to heal enough to not feel pain. This is the America I was promised growing up. *sighs*

Cronen

Oct 27, 2017
My new job that I just started gives me 25 days paid holidays, and I then get an extra day for each year that I am at the company. I also get public holidays off too.

Sick days don't count towards my holiday entitlement, which I think is a common thing here in the UK.

Shorty11857

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in Canada with 4 weeks vacation, 4 floater days (basically vacation but doesn't carry forward) plus public holidays and whatever sick days needed

Last edited:

Bobcats

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I get 16 days accrued vacation time. I really think everyone should get two months each year.

Oct 28, 2017
I've been at my job for about 11 years so I get 24 days of pool time (paid time off) per year. This includes sick days and vacation days but not including holidays when business is closed. I can also carry over 5 unused days into the next year.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I learned Thursday that I was bumped up to 27 days a year, all can be carried over annually. I may finally take my long dreamed Japan trip this year. I still have 21 days on the books to take and work finally seems to be winding down for the first quarter 2019.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We start with 3 weeks (15 days), and get 5 once we pass the CPA exam.

I didn't realize until this month that our days don't roll over, though, so I started the month with 12 days to burn through. Haven't worked much this month. Hell, I've got Monday and Tuesday off lmao

UF_C

Oct 25, 2017
My company just released a new policy for 2019 giving every employee unlimited PTO days and 160 hours of wellness days. We used to have 180 hours of PTO only.

This year the company is telling employees to take as much vacation and time off as they need, as long as the employee is getting their work done and goals are accomplished. It is up to the manager to approve the vacation time and they are not to look at previous days asked off but how the time off will affect the work load of the team. The wellness hours are mine to take to re-energize, take my kids to doctors appointments, death in the family, etc.

roboleon

random guy on the internet
Oct 26, 2017
The standard in Norway is 5 weeks paid vacation. I work in the education sector, so i get 12 :p

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
12 regular paid days, then 1 "wish" day which is a day off paid but used to volunteer at a charity and then 1 day "floating" which means it isn't given as a regular day but rather built up by hours each month

That doesn't include holidays or early leave days. And is for being at the job between 0 - 3 years. When you get to 4 years they add like a week then 8 years two weeks or something like that.

Shoes

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
US here. 24 days + all banking holidays.

I voluntarily used all of it this year. I made the "mistake" of saying, "If the company will give me PTO, I'm gonna use it" during a recent team meeting, which was met with reactions that made me seem like I was from another planet. PTO/workplace culture in the US is so fucked.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Canada, in the games industry

15 days + all major holidays.

I also get 5 sick days... If I need to use more sick time it's unpaid or I can use vacation.

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
20 PTO plus all major holidays and Christmas Eve through New Years.

Edit - Also work a 9/80 schedule, meaning I'm off every other Friday. So 26 3-day weekends a year minimum.

Last edited:

Ogami Itto

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
10 days plus 5 paid sick days, and you can carry up to 5 unused days to the next year. Also all major holidays and our company shuts down for a week and a half for Christmas and New Years.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Zero.

I haven't gone on vacation since I was 12 (17 years ago). I am 29.

Actually, I went to Cuba for a week five years ago and got fired when I got back.

I work a dead end min wage job so death will be my perm vacation.

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
40 days total. I take my 20 PTO and 10 sick on top of the 10 holiday-ass-holidays we get. I owe absolutely nothing to my job other than the bare minimum these days.

AliasGreed

Oct 31, 2017
America, I get 3 weeks a year and I buy 2 weeks a year that are deducted from each paycheck. Technically I make 25 paychecks a year instead of 26.

I take a 4 week sabbatical each year, and then 1 week off somewhere.

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just got a new job in America. Three weeks of vacation + "unlimited" sick time + the usual holidays. Not bad.

Sarek

Oct 27, 2017
5 weeks PTO, unlimited sick days, can stay at home to take of care of under 10 year old kid if hes sick, and the usual holidays everyone gets.

Necrovex

Oct 25, 2017
Federal worker here. I get 20 vacation days and 20 sick days off per year now. I feel incredibly blessed to have these in the US!

floridaguy954

Oct 29, 2017
Lol weeks. I get 8 days
Seriously, I get 5 days (but I work a Panama schedule so taking 2 or 3 days off can get me 7 days off in a row).

This is my schedule (except I work only nights):

Squad2.4week.png

ChuckStank

Banned
Mar 14, 2018
I get, as of right now:

- 3 weeks of PTO
- 1 week of sick time
- 2 floating holidays which means just another 2 days of PTO

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
5 weeks a year.
3 weeks standard vacation that rolls over year to year.
2 weeks that you need to use within a year.
6 standard holiday days across the year.