• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rackham

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure about typical prices for something like this. It's a small 2-3 person IT business

OP
OP
Rackham

Rackham

Oct 25, 2017
I've seen some crazy logo prices from other threads. I wanted to find someone to commission a logo

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
I've done freelance graphic design on the side.

Ideally it should cost a few thousand (and that should go up quite a bit the larger the organization is, how large you want the logo to be, etc...), a logo is going to be associated with your image and you don't want to appear cheap.

Realistically you could probably throw a hundred at a high school kid and have them throw something together for you.

Tenck

Oct 27, 2017
My sister and I paid $600 for hers. Came with ones made for YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. It looks super nice and we were happy with the results.

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
I would usually charge clients $1-2k but you would get a positive/negative/color logo, color scheme and coordinating fonts.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
HDOFFC523A1.00_03_29_23.jpg

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I've done freelance graphic design on the side.

Ideally it should cost a few thousand (and that should go up quite a bit the larger the organization is), a logo is going to be associated with your image and you don't want to appear cheap.

Realistically you could probably throw a hundred at a high school kid and have them throw something together for you.

If you're a corporate giant looking to get stationary, video presentations and visual effects, branding materials and so forth probably.

A small business though???
Pretty sure they could get away with something much smaller, both in scope and in price (not every business needs the bells and whistles above).

Depends how much exposure you can offer.

lol

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
You could probably just learn it yourself,make a few iterations, then go to a designer and be like, "here's $300, make it look nicer". not sure, but it's probably more expensive for an entirely new logo to designed.

yotsuben

Just one more thing...
Oct 25, 2017
PA
A cheap designer would be maybe $500. A good designer anywhere from just under $1000 to $2000. And upwards from there depending on how big your business is and what the logo is gonna be used for. As a freelance designer myself I'd probably give you a rough estimate of $1000 or so to start. You want something that will look professional and not look like you just went to Fiverr to get your work done.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
If you're a corporate giant looking to get stationary, video presentations and visual effects, branding materials and so forth probably.

A small business though???

Video presentations and visual effects cost extra, that has nothing to do with logo design.

A small business is going to want to get stationary and official letterheads too.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
Go ask Halls cough drops how much they charge hospitals per cough drop or bolt manufacturers how much they charge the government

I don't think there's a design agency out there as big as Cadbury and we're all well aware of how fucked up medical pricing is in the US.

Designers have to put food on the table too you know.

SnakeXs

Oct 28, 2017
Go ask Halls cough drops how much they charge hospitals per cough drop or bolt manufacturers how much they charge the government
So get into the legal business of legally and unethically getting a slice of government pork.

And why should the artist give a fuck? I mean, realistically Halls is going to need MUCH more work-hours as they have a myriad of logo needs. Brands, packaging, sizes, advertising, and thus more money for said work. But if a freelance artist sees 2 jobs that are both a similar workload why would they charge less to either party?

Baroque

Oct 25, 2017
Give me 5 bucks and ill do it for you.

(Note: I will put exactly 5 dollars worth of work into it.)

supernormal

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
It depends on the market. Here in the Caribbean, the most I can get away as an independent freelancer with is probably 2k for a full brand guide. I usually start at about 800 or so for single person stuff. In the US, I'm sure you could get 2k for just the logo. In either case you're still gonna find people saying even 500 is too expensive.

That's because logo's seem really simple to a lot of people. You can't really "see" what you spent a few thousand dollars on if it's just a simple shape and a font. That's why I never sell it on it's own. I always offer the whole visual identity of the business distilled in a few pages.

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
so how much time does an artist work for typically
Just like any job, it varies from project to project. With a logo it can also depend on how picky the client is, etc. It is not one size fits all.
Maybe you should learn about more about this before making more stupid statements, because this thread is going exactly like any thread like it before. You can smell it a mile away.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd do it for $250, but I'm also just out of school and have yet to do work for a client

Nov 23, 2017
Just like any job, it varies from project to project. With a logo it can also depend on how picky the client is, etc. It is not one size fits all.
Maybe you should learn about more about this before making more stupid statements, because this thread is going exactly like any thread like it before. You can smell it a mile away.
Come on, it is absolutely not unreasonable to say that it makes sense that a company with a budget of 25k for a logo and OP's company of 2 people should seek to spend the same amount. If you want to argue they'll get lower quality then sure, but still.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I can record all the lines, in my closet, with a webcam mic, for like $25, tops.

OP
OP
Rackham

Rackham

Oct 25, 2017
well i'm here to ask questions so i don't offer something insulting. no need to froth at mouth

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
Come on, it is absolutely not unreasonable to say that it makes sense that a company with a budget of 25k for a logo and OP's company of 2 people should seek to spend the same amount. If you want to argue they'll get lower quality then sure, but still.
OP is getting straight honest answers from people that do this for a living, but is ignoring them and being willfully ignorant. That is a him problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.