• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deschain

User banned at own request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Don't really have a limit, as long as I know I can afford it and I like it I'll buy it.

In November for example I spent around 2k on a suit, last week I spent £40 on some trainers. I value how I look in a suit a lot more than what trainers I'm wearing so I don't mind paying a little more.

Oct 26, 2017
Not much.

Recently bought a new pair of jeans from Old Navy for about $19. They're so ridiculously comfortable it almost brought me to tears.

dismal

Oct 27, 2017
I'm thinking about spending $20 a pair for new socks. They have a lifetime guarantee. Still feel shame at the prospect.

THE GUY

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As with anything in life, I've always spent proportionally to what I had. When I had a little money, I didn't spend a lot on clothes since there was no point. Now that I have a lot, I'm comfortable throwing down a few grand on a suit whenever I want.

Darth Finky Spunky

Banned for using alt accounts
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Clothes? You get what you pay for, I like to have one quality item in every category (shoes, coats, pants, shirts). As I get older and wiser this concept works for me than having to pay to replace items.

Keikaku

Oct 27, 2017
Bought a new suit for 300€ and couple shirts and jeans so maybe 450€ in total for the year.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
My limit is $70, and that $70 limit is for shoes, jackets, and black jeans since any cheaper for black jeans and they fade the moment they go in the washing machine.

Zache

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'd spend tens of thousands on my yearly waredrobe if I had the disposable income.

Deleted member 31133

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
An obscene amount. Last month I dropped £700 on a new Ted Baker suit for work, but I know it'll last me ages and it's better than buying a cheap sub £100 suit that'll last months at best.

NotBacon

Oct 27, 2017
The only thing I'll splurge on is technical outerwear (Arcteryx, Black Diamond, Mammut, etc. for climbing/backcountry stuff). Other than that I'm a cheapskate:
Shoes: $50
Pants: $30
Shirts: $20
Jackets/hoodies: $50
I don't buy suits/blazers.

nonuser

Oct 27, 2017
I spend way less on clothes now days because I go second hand. Otherwise, sites like Romwe and Shien will come really handy for my needs.

Mezentine

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe twice a year I spend about $2-300 on clothes, now that I can afford to. I've realized how much I just look good in nice shirts and pants

Oct 27, 2017
i buy most of my clothes from mall stores like forever 21, H&M - meaning i rarely spend much over 20 bucks for a shirt, or pants or even a jacket

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Depends on income level, relative quality and convenience.

I'm trying to rationalise buying this:
http://www.magnoliclothiers.com/leo...ather-jackets-by-magnoli-clothiers-p-353.html
extra-image-842.jpg
God damn if I had money to just throw away I would buy that in a heartbeat.

I really do not spend that much on clothes. I only buy more when needed. There is probably only twice in a year will I spend around a couple of hundred on clothes and shoes.

Oct 28, 2017
I rarely buy clothes so when I do, I don't have a set limit.

That been said I spent like 400$? For done sneakers, kinda regret it when I look back. Changed them for some Onisuka Tiger Serrano B/W for just 70 bucks and I love them.

Chrno

Oct 25, 2017
my weakness is layered clothing. In the last 2-3 years I have probably spent over $4,000 on jackets/sweaters/cardigans. halp.

incogneato

Self Requested Ban
Nov 8, 2017
I allocate about $2000 on clothes every year.

I buy one piece I love from a high fashion brand during the summer and another one during the winter. I'm not really into spending money on cheap pieces of clothing made by sweatshops

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Very little. I almost exclusively shop at Goodwill for clothes (or other similar second-hand shops). They are really big where I live and the amount of barely-used clothes that end up in those stores always amazes me. I probably spent $50 every few months (if that).

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
The thing that I spend the most on is shoes. Shoes are the one part of your daily wear that you absolutely shouldn't cheap out on if you can. You are on your feet all day long, your shoes should be built properly and built to last. Buying a pair of daily wearers at the mall for 100 bucks, in 9-12 months you are right there again dropping down another 100 bucks. Buy something that is well made, can be resoled over and over - it will last you decades. Shoes of this caliber will run you 200-600 bucks, that's a lot to pay i know but in 5 years you'll likely still be able to wear them and they will still look good if you take care of them.

After that, everything else you absolutely do not have to spend a whole lot of money on. You get what you pay for to an extent, but a cheap pair of old navy trousers can look just as good on you if the rest of your outfit looks good as well. I spend a lot of time in chinos and dress shirts these days, I usually just wait till a big Brooks Brothers sale and buy a bunch of stuff at 30%-50% discount.

For sportcoats/blazers, ebay is a surprisingly good source. just know your measurements, buy stuff that looks relatively new, and get it tailored and dry cleaned. Ebay is also a great place for ties - people dump ties on ebay like nobody's business and they are CHEAP as well. I can score Brooks Brothers or JPress ties for pennies on the dollar. I usually buy in lots, like 40 ties for 50 bucks or something like that. Generally a lot of them will be unwearable/ugly/dirty and you just throw those out, but you can usually find 10 or so keepers. 10 ties for 50, 60 bucks that cost you 80 apiece in a store.

Just make sure things aren't ugly, fit you well, and it doesn't really matter how cheap or expensive it was.

Deleted member 17630

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I spend it as I need it. It's been pretty rare lately though. But if you find the perfect $400 jacket and it's everything you've ever wanted, buy that shit man. You're only young and beautiful temporarily.

Deleted member 33887

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
I spend as little as possible. I splurged for a Stardew Valley and Kerbal shirt. But there's approximately 5000 hoodies I would like to buy but do not.

I did end up tossing out a lot of old shirts, underwear, and socks out of necessity. But I replaced most of the shirts with tshirts packs (like 15 bucks for 4 shirts). 200 bucks would be all of my clothing purchases for a year on one item.

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
I'm usually pretty cheap for clothes but ill randomly buy a $1000 jacket or $400 shoes every in a while. But tech wear won't be cheap anytime soon

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
Even if I had 20 million in the bank account I wouldn't spend that much on clothing, but I'm not into fashion. If you are and can afford it, why not?

Yourfawthaaa

Nov 2, 2017
Bronx, NY
Depends...

I get discounts at most the stores i shop in (friends with the store managers).

but i did just spend $300 on 3 pairs of nike vapormax. jeans at most ill spend $20 bucks on. buttons ups $30. T shirts $5. socks i can get 3-4 pairs for $10. sweatpants which i wear all the time (if im not working or going out) about $40 depending on the brand.

It's always great to know people who work in your favorite retailers. Discounts galore.

TheZodiacAge

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Last Saturday i bought a couple pants for at least 150€ each
This Saturday i will go back to that place and buy shoes that fit these pants + another pair of jeans probably if they got the ones i wanted in my size in stock again

But thats maybe 1-2 times a year
I usually buy more gym clothes than regular stuff