• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Twice a year, usually get a cold in the beginning of fall and then again near the end of winter. It isn't too bad though. I could go to work but I have plenty of pto to use so I just take a day off to rest and get over it quickly.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
At least 3-4 times a year, but it's usually a temporary sinus issue. Full blown cold is usually once a year.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
Not that often. This past holiday I was down and out for about a week and a half with flu-like symptoms that could have been way worse had I not gotten my shot back in September. It was borderline unavoidable—more or less my entire city had it.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Got a stomach bug about 7 years ago. Threw up once. I have had nothing since, not even a cold.

Tangyn

Oct 29, 2017
When I lived in London and travelled on the tube / train daily, worked too much and was stressed the fuck out I got sick multiple times a year.

Since moving to a smaller city, driving in my own car, working way less hours and wayyyyyy less stressed I haven't been sick once in 3 years.

MechaMarmaset

Nov 20, 2017
The only thing I ever get anymore is a 24 hour stomach bug every year or two. I started getting flu shot years ago and that seemed to cut the number of times I get sick drastically. Also helps that I don't have kids and work in an office with very few people that I have lots of separation from. It's probably been 3 or 4 years since I've had a cold or flu.

hiredhand

Feb 6, 2019
I get a mild cold (cough or lost voice, runny nose, no fever) maybe once a year but it has been like 15 years since I last had fever. It's been even more than that since I've last had more serious stomach problems. I think much of it is hereditary because I don't remember my father ever being properly sick.

Come to think of it, I don't think I have ever been on sick leave from work either.

Alcoremortis

Oct 25, 2017
All the freaking time. I am an early disease adopter. The last two years I've gotten the flu in September. My university doesn't even open its flu shot clinic until October!

Kleefeld

Banned
Jan 16, 2018
Very rarely. I didn't have a cold or sie throat for 3 years I think.
I take public transport and my family, colleagues and friends are sick all the time. Dont know the reason really, I certainly dont live all that healthy, no sports, hardly eat fruits...

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
A lot when i was a kid. Less and less when i was an adult, until i got "really" sick. After i was cured from that though, i almost never got sick at all, actually.
Just a minor cold at worst. Can't really remember when i was really sick aside of getting the Noro virus (that will make you feel extremely sick, by the way, haha) a decade ago.

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
I never get sick. It helps that I don't have to commute when it is overcrowded and one gets unreasonably close to the faces of people with awfully disgusting cough.

Spiderman

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Me and my dad never get sick. Last time was 15+ years ago for both of us. Sure, we catched a cold but that's not really sick.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Not that much, but I'm sick right now and it's kept me up all damn night. I can't stand the common cold, it's one of the most inconvenient things and feels like such a waste of 4-5 days that makes you feel like garbage.

RockyBalboa_

Apr 28, 2018
Seem to catch a cold (or a variation of a sore throat) every 2-3 months. I used to be able to last 2-3 years without catching one, but in recent years I haven't been so lucky.

I might catch a bug that zaps me of energy (no vomit) at least once a year.

I went 19 years without vomiting, until I caught a bout of gastro. It's been nearly 7 years since I last vomited, so here's hoping I break the 19 year record I set :P

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
It varies.

When I was single in my 20s, probably 1 to 2 times per year. Once would be a virus, the 2and would be allergy induced sinus infection.

3 to 5 years ago when I was newly married, probably 5x per year. Mostly colds. Wife's toddler nephews would walk up cough in your face. Not a lot you can do at that point.

The last year, 0 times. I have more control. I work from home. I've been sober a couple of years so I don't go to crowded bars and parties. Biggest risk is the grocery, to which I return home, wash my hands, put away the food, wash my hands again, and use disinfectant wipes on all surfaces I've touched. It works, not even fleeting signs of a cold.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I'm sick now. I'm going to go to the doctor tomorrow morning. I thought it was just going to be a sinus infection. That's usually all I ever get. I don't think it's that though. I might have the flu. I've been running a 102-103 degree fever since last night.

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
Once a year. I got bacterial pink eye this weekend though. Eye is swollen as fuck.

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
I'm sick now. I'm going to go to the doctor tomorrow morning. I thought it was just going to be a sinus infection. That's usually all I ever get. I don't think it's that though. I might have the flu. I've been running a 102-103 degree fever since last night.

Yeah, sounds like flu. Mine started with just a chest cough but by day three I got a fever.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
I usually get a cold like twice a year, it usually lasts between 3-7 days or so. I get allergies in the spring too which feels like a cold but usually just allergies around May or October.

Although last year I got a stomach virus/bug/thing that made me more sick than I'd been in years, decades. I got it from my newborn from daycare... and goddam I was out straight for 48 hours, but legitimately not better for about ~3 weeks after that. That's the sickest I've been in a decade. This year I had a mini-version of it too, but thankfully it was just 24 hours.

If you're having children anytime soon, just get ready when they become disease factories at Daycare. I'm rarely legit sick, like even my twice yearly colds aren't usually a big problem. But man... you have a baby, they got o daycare, and they carry home every illness on earth.

lake

Oct 27, 2017
Ever since I started eating pretty healthy six years ago my immune system's gotten powerful. It's been about once every 1.5-2 years. If I get sick more than once a year I feel like I'm straying too far from my healthy habits and try to refocus.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
About twice a year.

Usually starts out as a head cold then the post nasal drip gets into my airways which get inflammed. Then I get bronchitis which is always fun.

It's such a predictable cycle.

hitme

Oct 26, 2017
Common cold every couple months (only because I've been working in cold weather environments for the last eight years)
Flu every two/three years
Fever rarely but it happens

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
maybe once a year. Last time I was bed ridden was for after surgery recovery 7 years ago.

I eat fresh fruits every day, maybe that helps :shrug.

Also I avoid shaking people's hands as much as I can. I am sure that helps a lot.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
Usually 2-3 times a year for a week each time. Just had my first one this last week. Was sick since last Saturday, started feeling better today.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Usually just once every year or less. And most of the time just some sniffles, cough, etc that lasts for a few days maybe. I haven't had to go to the doctor for being sick for years.

Castor Archer

Jan 8, 2019
Rarely, I've kinda stopped being sick as I've gotten older. I threw up earlier in the year but it was a one time thing. I'll get ear or sinus infections every now and then. Thankfully allergies are minimal, I feel bad for my SO and my dad who both deal with allergies.

Gout runs in my family and I hope I never get it.

TheAggroCraig

One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
I haven't been really sick in a year, but I only get sick once or twice a year usually... I'm definitely overdue and surprised I didn't get sick recently when the rest of my family had something, but I just avoided seeing them for a month lol.

I did have a stomach bug at Christmas time but it wasn't a headcold or anything so it wasn't really traditional with what I'd normally get so I don't count it in the same sense... and thankfully hit when I had a few days off because of the holidays.

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
the last time i really felt sick, was when i had a fever that rendered me unable to move unless i had some aspirin. that was over eight years ago. in that time, i might have had maybe two colds, but not the flu or a fever. the thing that messes with my body more than anything is stress though. about six months ago my arm and tongue would tingle and i even almost passed out at my desk. went to the doctors for all kinds of checks and nothing turned up.