• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Do they sell these anywhere outside of Cupertino?
SpWaKFm.png

Deleted member 33515

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 17, 2017
a thing like that will slowly but surely take out the enamel on the porcelain. the porcelain will get whiter but it will become porous and will stain easily on future cycles, so you will use your toilet stone more often, grinding away your toilet even more.

also, the idea of using a porous stone to scrap lime and shit/piss bonded with the stone, where will you store your piss/shit encrusted stone afterwards?

Burai

Oct 27, 2017
I live in the hardest water area imaginable and I've never needed to scrub my toilet with a pumice on a stick. Bleach under the rim left to work overnight once a week takes care of everything.

Dougald

Oct 27, 2017
I live in South-East England where our water might as well just be calcium on tap, and I've never heard of this thing, nor would I need it

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
a thing like that will slowly but surely take out the enamel on the porcelain. the porcelain will get whiter but it will become porous and will stain easily on future cycles, so you will use your toilet stone more often, grinding away your toilet even more.

also, the idea of using a porous stone to scrap lime and shit/piss bonded with the stone, where will you store your piss/shit encrusted stone afterwards?

That is not true. It's a stone made out of pumice. It does not scratch anything at all.

Edit: Also the pumice will vanish when you clean so nothing to store anymore.

Jackpot

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I feel the OP deliberately acted oblivious on "toilet stones" not being widespread to chase thread clicks.

Deleted member 35204

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 3, 2017
How disgusting your water has to be that you need to use something like that regularly or even una tantum?

zeioIIDX

Banned
Nov 25, 2017
This thread is killing me, lmfao. Honestly, I could probably stand to use one of those due to an annoying ring in my toilet bowl although I could also just toss some bleach in there and let it sit too.

Jack Remington

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I had a hard water problem as well. I tried vinegar, then upgraded to progressively stronger cleaning products, and nothing worked. Then I got a pumice stone, and it worked like magic.

I'll probably need to do it again in a couple months.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
Nah, our water doesn't leave much in the way of visible mineral deposits.

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
I've only had to use these once before. I bought a house with a half bath in the basement that had been pretty well neglected and had a lot of mineral build-up in the bowl. Someone recommended a toilet stone to me and I had no idea WTF they were on about, but the guy I talked to at the hardware store certainly knew what it was. I was kind of amazed by how well it worked, but now I clean my toilets often enough that it hasn't been an issue.

Jill Sandwich

Oct 25, 2017
Just pour white vinegar on it, or any other limescale dissolving toilet cleaner, and stick an anti-limescale tablet in the cistern to keep on top of it. You'll never need to scrub again. Also I'll add this is the first time I've heard of a toilet stone, and it seems the most inefficient way of dealing with the problem.

KorrZ

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
This is quite literally the first time I've ever heard of a "toilet stone".

Maybe it depends on where you live? Regular chemical cleaner does the job for me without any extra.

BeforeU

Banned for use of alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The fuck is that? And I am someone who keeps my washroom pretty clean and never heard of it lol

Fugu

Oct 26, 2017
I feel the OP deliberately acted oblivious on "toilet stones" not being widespread to chase thread clicks.
This is essentially the idea behind Huelen threads: the OP contains something obnoxious or obscure while Huelen pretends(?) to be oblivious to its obnoxiousness or obscurity.

Deleted member 2109

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't say we "have to" but maybe like twice a year when we do deep cleanings of the entire house.