• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

How often do you say GG at the end of a match?

• I frequently or always say GG

Votes: 203 34.2%
  • I'll say GG if the other player(s) say it

Votes: 56 9.4%
  • I'll only say it if, in my view, it was a good game

Votes: 105 17.7%
  • I rarely or never say GG

Votes: 192 32.3%
  • I'm toxic. OMEGALUL GG EZ

Votes: 38 6.4%

• Total voters

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Good game (GG) is something that spun out of competitive gaming on pc. Generally, at the end of a match, players will exchange this polite closure. However, its usage seems to have diminished over the years and you are more likely to receive negative closure. So how often do you say gg or do you even say it at all?

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
I said it to declare Defeat at the end of a match StarCraft II before leaving the game, otherwise never.

SpecDot

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I say it every time. Even after the sexy time with the wife. Pat her on the butt and say, "GG".

Jun 12, 2018
It's pretty standard to say this at the end of League of Legends matches.

If the other team has been talking shit though? i'll definitely slap them with that good ol "good game, ez"

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
In highly competitive games and ranked modes always.
Rarely ever in casual matches and party games tho.

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
Lately, quite often since I've been playing FF14.
I say it at the end of every dungeon / boss battle, since it's pretty easy to type on a PS4 controller, lol.
I've never said it in any other game I don't think.

caylen

Publisher - Riot Games
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
santa monica
Any game that has text chat that takes longer than 10 minutes to play: every single time.

In league post lobby, I also try to call out people that made the game better, even if they are on the opposing team, because I know how good it feels when someone does that to me. I don't think everyone has to have that mentality, but it's kind of fun to improve the experience of people post-game regardless of result.

Zombie

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
After every match of Dota since there's a much bigger time investment there compared to something like Rocket League where I'll just instantly requeue and tab out.

GustyGardens

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's a little harder to do it quickly on a console, but I'll send a message if I think someone played really well on the other team. I do find that a lot of people have their messages sent to friends only, so they'll never know that I appreciated and enjoyed playing against them.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
My brother was also huge into StarCraft and I got him one of those GG buttons as a birthday present one year.

SimplyComplex

May 23, 2018
I've noticed myself saying it more and more Weirdly enough, I think hearing Twitch streamers saying it rubbed off on me lol

Vilix

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Back when I played PSO I used to say it all the time. I'll post "Thanks for the help" when I play MHW with randoms.

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
In a heroic dungeon on WoW with randoms, I say it. When I used to play LoL, I'll say it. Most competitive pvp matches, I'll say it.

Izzy

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I've disabled emotes in most games. I'd prolly say it if I was playing an rts, but that hasn't happened in a while.

Starfire22

Banned
May 5, 2018
Oklahoma
I chose option 3 (If it really was a GG, and not some griefer), but really I almost always do. Especially if I know I was outplayed.

Eppcetera

Mar 3, 2018
Never. Is this something people do in online games? I'm wondering since I don't play online games.

Oct 27, 2017
I've never said it in the context of videogames in my life. I've only said it and the end of games of actual intramural sports

squilliedee

Jan 4, 2019
I say GG after every game of NBA 2k or any other sports game, win or lose. Not so much with shooters and other genres.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I initiate the GG if I think it was a good game.

If somebody sends me a gg, I always respond in kind.

Lindsay

Nov 4, 2017
Dun think I've ever seen/heard this saying prior to opening this thread so I'ma go with never.