• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

How often do you say GG at the end of a match?

• I frequently or always say GG

Votes: 203 34.2%
  • I'll say GG if the other player(s) say it

Votes: 56 9.4%
  • I'll only say it if, in my view, it was a good game

Votes: 105 17.7%
  • I rarely or never say GG

Votes: 192 32.3%
  • I'm toxic. OMEGALUL GG EZ

Votes: 38 6.4%

• Total voters

zoku88

Oct 27, 2017
When I was younger and played a lot of multiplayer PC games, I said it always. I don't play online anymore so never.

I always thought it was kind of rude to not say it....

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
never, because it feels insincere even when you or others used unironically and meaning it, years of assholes using it sarcastically and attached to toxicity made me reject it.

DaciaJC

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
After most matches. It's one reason I love PC multiplayer: text chat allows for a lot of good feelings and general silliness as well.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
In party chat to the team, but I never go out of the way to say it someone who just beat us. As much as I want to give them props I know they will take it the wrong way and bug the fuck out.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Every time i play MTGO, MTGA, Starcraft etc. i always GG. You get no BM from me.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
I've long been a very sore loser, at least in my own head, so I'm extremely diplomatic when I win because I project that the other party is feeling worse than they probably are.

I tend to let the results stand for themselves.

Ænima

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Almost never. I rarely play multiplayer games, and when i play i rarely use voice chat. I think i sent some GGs in the game chat to my co-opers in monster hunter world some times when defeating some of the endgame monsters. Otherwise i never bother to send a private message just to say GG.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Rarely when I play MP... which is rare to begin with. Like, you have a better chance of seeing bigfoot than me playing games online. LOL

pochi

Oct 25, 2017
Frequent.
Actually the term is used even outside games. Atleast here in our place.
We usually use it to refer to a bad or unfortunate event.

Joffy

Oct 30, 2017
I play on console so it depends on the text chat options. In rocket league where its simple enough I consider it kinda rude not to. Probably a bit daft to think like that but a positive end, win or lose, goes a long way.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
Every time in Rocket League

If it was actually a good game, usually GG and That was fun!