• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DJwest

Oct 26, 2017
Usually, no matter how much I liked a movie in theaters, I find it really hard to watch it again until the home release. Maybe it's the sense that there won't be any more surprises in store or because I don't feel like waiting an hour to reach the specific scene or act that I loved but I've never watched a movie more than once in theatres. Anyone else the same? Man I really can't wait for Kingsman 2 and JL on blu-ray.

Ensirius

Oct 26, 2017
Last time I did that was for Star Wars
I watched it the morning of the day it premiered with a friend and two days later with my dad

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
in theaters?

very rarely

usually only if ive seen a movie already, and a friend wants to see it with me again

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Not often, and when I do I usually never pay. By that I mean that I pay to see some other movie and then catch the repeat movie afterwards. Recently, I've seen Blade Runner 2049 three times now. Before that, I believe the last movie I did it for was The Force Awakens.

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
I think I'm gonna go see The Disaster Artist multiple times, though.

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
I watched Pineapple Express three times in a row because of a long ass layover

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I think the only movies i've seen multiple times in theatres are the South Park movie and Star Wars Episode 3, the latter as people were talking quite positively about it and I just didn't get it, so i went with multiple groups of friends to see if it clicked. It didn't, its terrible.

Oct 26, 2017
I see films only once.

But I saw Pearl Jam: Lets Play Two twice.

And I've seen The Terminator twice too, once on 35mm and once on DCP. And Star Wars: The Phantom Menace and Lion King because of the 3D-rerelease.

Rebetherick

Oct 26, 2017
I haven't done it this year yet, may do it for Thor but the show times aren't great currently. Most recently was Rogue One which I saw 3 times.

I have an Unlimited card so it's not like I'm shelling out ÂŁ12 each time I do a rewatch.

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
Rarely. There is so much stuff to see that I rather see something else. (I go to the movies on a weekly basis)

I do sometimes see the same movie twice when I take the kids of my sister to the movies. My nephew loves Star Wars, but his parents don't, so I take him to the new ones after I allready saw them. Disney and Pixar I sometimes see twice too this way, especially as the kids want to see the dubbed version, while I prefer the original.

Blade30

Oct 26, 2017
Practically never with one exception, I did re-watch Blade Runner 2049. I don't really re-watch a movie multiple times on such short time spans.

iphys

Oct 27, 2017
I've never gone to see the same movie twice. Movies are too expensive to pay to see them more than once, and I'd rather watch them in the comfort of my own home. The movie theatre is lucky if I see a movie at all rather than just waiting for the home release.

GMM

Oct 27, 2017
Almost never, I only saw the Hobbit triology and the new Star Wars movies twice because I went with my dad to see them the other time.

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
Almost never.
But in some rare cases, I'll take my nephews to a movie I've already seen, like Justice League or Star Wars.

Angel DvA

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Usually, I'm watching them once but I've made some exception in the past, the last movie I've watch more than one time in theater is Blade Runner 2049, saw it 6 times and I have no regret at all, what a masterpiece...

OP
OP
DJwest

DJwest

Oct 26, 2017

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
If I go a second time, it's because of my dad. I always see the movie first with friends, but if there's an interesting scifi film my dad always wants to see it too. Last time was with BR 2049 and I hadn't seen him this blown away by a movie in years, he couldn't stop talking about it. So I'll definitely see TLJ twice too.

So on average double-dipping happens a few times a year. I think I went to see the first GotG three times actually.

retroman

Oct 31, 2017
I rarely watch any movie more than once, honestly.

I did watch The Force Awakens twice in theaters, though, but the only reason I did that was because I accidentally promised two separate friends I'd accompany them. Whoops!

pants

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Very rarely, but recently I saw Baby Driver three or four times. I felt the need to drag different friends along to see it.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I saw Guardians of the Galaxy four times in theatre with different groups of friends.

I saw The Dark Knight fives times over that summer.

NekoFever

Oct 25, 2017
I've done it a few times.

I know I saw The Flintstones (the 1994 one) a few times because tons of friends had birthday parties there. Probably some of the early 90s Disney movies as well for similar reasons (I think I saw Beauty and the Beast at least twice).

Off my own back, just Kill Bill Vol. 1 (two different groups of friends wanted to see it and it was awesome) and The Force Awakens (I couldn't talk anyone else into going to the midnight screening so I went on my own, then saw it later that day with friends, then a couple of weeks later we were bored so went again).

Deleted member 11626

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pretty much never. Saw Star Wars TFA twice because I told a friend I'd see it with him and I saw The Dark Knight twice in theatres and then the IMAX screening of it later that year to make it three times

psychowave

Oct 25, 2017
The only time I've done that was when I watched the Lorax twice because one of my friends was one of those weird Onceler fuckers. Yeah.

KonradLaw

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Never. I also very rarely rewatch after home release. It happens maybe for one movie a year. It just feels like such a waste of time for me when there's so much new content being released.

When I was a teenager though I went and saw The Matrix seven damn times in cinema :D

Sirenja

Oct 27, 2017
Never because it's very expensive- I'd rather see a different movie than pay for the same one again!

Rahvar

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Most Lost
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Never have and can't imagine I ever will.
Not considering how expensive it would be, I have no desire to watch a movie again right after seeing it. Usually is at least a year before I rewatch something, if ever.

Don't really replay games either, unless it's been so long that I've forgotten the plot.
(I primarily play games for plot, at least singlet player ones)

AdrianG4

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'm not distancing myself from geek culture at all -- but I do find it a bit weird how some people who are into comics/sci fi etc. can be heard saying that they will watch the same film in the cinema 3 or 4 times or even more. I seldom watch anything more than once because if I'm going to sit down and consume media, I may as well use my increasingly more valuable free time to watch (or play) something new. Just don't see much value behind watching something again. You already know if you liked it or didn't like it the first time .. I feel like there's not much to gain. It's like empty calories.

Lari

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Only when there is Star and Wars in the title.

Rogue One - Twice
Force Awakens - 3 times
Revenge of the Sith - 5 times
Attack of the clones - 6 times
Phantom Menace - 5 times

The original trilogy I saw the re-relase when I was a kid, so those I only watched once in theaters unfortunately.

Mighty_Bison

Oct 27, 2017
I seen The Force Awakens 3 times in the cinema. I'll also be definitely seeing The Last Jedi multiple times too.

Atraveller

Oct 25, 2017
It depends on the movie. But at least one a year. I watched Blade Runner 2049 4 times in theater.

Hank Hill

Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account.
Oct 25, 2017
Never watched a movie twice in theaters.

Last edited: