• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
But talks of how to deal with these asshats are frowned upon. These people are literally going to cause the end of humanity.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Graphic imagery
Hang them all off the side of the Golden Gate Bridge, cartel-style. Leave their corpses there for one full year.

Oct 27, 2017
Jesus. Some of you need Jesus.

I know that is a horrible thing to say ......... I mean truly why would you want to ruin the aesthetics of something as lovely as the Golden Gate Bridge. Obviously that is tongue in cheek and any form of violence is wrong no matter who they are. But here is the rub these rich cunts don't care about any of us, if these rich people could make a quick buck by hanging you from the golden gate bridge you would be hanging from there now.

I mean we are in a topic discussing rich people getting together to discuss how THEY will survive whilst they let everyone else die horrifically from the shit they have collectively caused and could prevent.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
I know that is a horrible thing to say ......... I mean truly why would you want to ruin the aesthetics of something as lovely as the Golden Gate Bridge. Obviously that is tongue in cheek and any form of violence is wrong no matter who they are. But here is the rub these rich cunts don't care about any of us, if these rich people could make a quick buck by hanging you from the golden gate bridge you would be hanging from there now.

I mean we are in a topic discussing rich people getting together to discuss how THEY will survive whilst they let everyone else die horrifically from the shit they have collectively caused and could prevent.
You mean these crazy rich people? People asking about a brain in a container?

Like, what is there to fear? Income inequality is easily fixed if a Liberal US government happens.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
All the while destroying the world. I hope we get hit by a massive meteor. No one ahould be able to escape this mess.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's amazing how they know they're fucking over the entire world and civilization as we know it, and yet their response is to not stop it, but find a way to save their skins from their own actions.
It can't be that surprising, can it? That's the plan in pretty much every apocalypse movie. Either bail to a bunker or bail to space and come back when it's fixed. 2012, AHS: Apocalypse, Wall-E, Resident Evil, Kingsmen, etc.

leder

Oct 25, 2017

Like, what is there to fear? Income inequality is easily fixed if a Liberal US government happens.

It's almost like there's an entrenched oligarchy with unlimited resources dead set on preventing this from happening and pushing us backwards tho

TrojanBlade

Oct 30, 2017
They knew armed guards would be required to protect their compounds from the angry mobs. But how would they pay the guards once money was worthless? What would stop the guards from choosing their own leader? The billionaires considered using special combination locks on the food supply that only they knew. Or making guards wear disciplinary collars of some kind in return for their survival. Or maybe building robots to serve as guards and workers – if that technology could be developed in time.

Welcome to modern day slave-masters. These billionaires guys are so full of themselves due to their money and power., they actually think everyone else is there to serve them. Obviously, they will never say or show this in public, but that's what they have in their ego-filled brains. In public its all about 'saving humanity', 'saving the planet' etc, but in reality, they are always thinking about their survival since they are superior to others. Disgusting.

Deleted member 9305

Oct 26, 2017
Elysium, the next former scifi movie to become reality.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
They need to start building a fortress for the zombie attack were only the wealthy can live.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
NearElaborateEmeraldtreeskink-size_restricted.gif

What a fun future we're in for.
Heh, I think this might get some use on this board in the future. Never thought about it, lol.

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
It is, but go ahead and hang them. That isn't sociopathic at all.
It's not easily fixed as long as lobbying remains a thing. It will take at least a decade to gets things were they need to be if all goes right in the next 2 elections.

With that said, this site is way too extreme with the murder fantasies about rich people. I totally agree with you there.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
nobody said to hang them. they were using euphemisms for legal action. at worst we'll probably just hang them upside down like batman until they give up their cryptokeys.

is that better? do you feel like you can relax?
Just calling out sociopathic and murderous mentionings. I don't see why anyone would have a problem with me doing that.

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
nobody said to hang them. they were using euphemisms for legal action. at worst we'll probably just hang them upside down like batman until they give up their cryptokeys.

is that better? do you feel like you can relax?
He said hang them cartel style and leave their corpses there for a year. You think he meant legal action by that?

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017

WTF? No it won't. The United States doesn't represent the world. We will have a little effect in social influencing other countries when that happens but the way people are getting exploited is far more severe than here in the states and is at risk of violent uprisings once the tipping point of ecological change is reached.

nobody said to hang them.

Don't provide cover for hypocrites advocating for murder of the rich.

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Just calling out sociopathic and murderous mentionings. I don't see why anyone would have a problem with me doing that.
It's strange you don't call out the tech rich's sociopathic impulses especially since they hosted a damn conference on it.

Normal posters: "Wow these dudes sound like sociopaths"
You: "Have you considered that you're actually the sociopath for wanting to defend yourself from tech wealth?"

"How do I maintain authority over my security force after the Event?"

This single question occupied us for the rest of the hour. They knew armed guards would be required to protect their compounds from the angry mobs. But how would they pay the guards once money was worthless? What would stop the guards from choosing their own leader? The billionaires considered using special combination locks on the food supply that only they knew. Or making guards wear disciplinary collars of some kind in return for their survival. Or maybe building robots to serve as guards and workers – if that technology could be developed in time.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
You all are fucked, you may last longer than the normal folk but they'll be coming for you once the easy resources are drained.

To be honest even if I had the resources to build one of these crazy bases I wouldn't. I'd rather not live in that planet at all, survival in such a situation would still result in a shit life and ever increasing paranoia. Fuck that, only winning move is not to play at all.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
It's strange you don't call out the tech rich's sociopathic impulses especially since they hosted a damn conference on it.

You: "Ah but have you considered that you're actually the sociopath for wanting to defend yourself from the tech rich"
Why would I care about some paranoid rich people? They're talking about robotic guards, a brain in a container, "special locks" which they cannot design therefore they don't actually have control over, etc. You're putting too much stock into their future predictions and "plans" when they're just paranoid bunker messes. You believing their paranoia isn't good as it means you've given up on the now.

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You're putting too much stock into their future predictions and "plans" when they're just paranoid bunker messes. You believing their paranoia isn't good as it means you've given up on the now.
Do I need to link this again?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lobbying

Their paranoia has real world social and political consequences. My personal paranoia really only matters once every 2 years. Or do you think they just talk about it amongst themselves and then fuck off to their mansions without doing anything about their worries?

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017

You: "Have you considered that you're actually the sociopath for wanting to defend yourself from tech wealth?"
You're really sugar coating what the person he called out said.

Also those rich people aren't posting here, how does one call them out? Certainly it's crazy what they're doing but they don't reflect on this community like the posters here do.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
Do I need to link this again?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lobbying

Their paranoia has real world social and political consequences. My personal paranoia really only matters once every 2 years. Or do you think they just talk about it amongst themselves and then fuck off to their mansions without doing anything about their worries?
Well, let me know when these super bunkers are up and running and food supplies are now being lock and keyed.

I'll be waiting.

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You're really sugar coating what the person he called out said.
It's more directed at the thread than at the specific poster. By his argument, the rich's paranoia doe
Also those rich people aren't posting here, how does one call them out?
Like so:
Shit like this is why we have to solve the economic inequality issues while we are solving the climate change problem
Rats fleeing a sinking ship.
Seal them in their bunkers and pave over it.
Yeah there's a direct 1:1 correlation as to why there's a massive uptick in billionaires and the hyper rich going insane with their societal collapse fantasies.
I mean in the grand scheme of things most of us are peasants. Our lordships will live on.
We're deeply fucked, and these people know that as the ones DIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE that they will be the first lined up against the wall.
Yet another reason why we need to get rid of billionaires and stop people from being able to have as much power as they do in the first place.

The rich are a disease.
But yeah, this whole situation is disgraceful. Many of these sociopathic parasites are profiting from destroying the planet and our social tissue while building their own arks to weather the catastrophic results of their greed. The poors can get dead.

But if someone mentions the G word they'll get a ban.
Underground bunkers are the best. All you have to do is seal them in and cut off their air supply, and then raid Pharoah's tomb after he and his family have pissed off to the afterlife.
Don't be too harsh to them though. Lol.
Good luck with that, lol. When people are desperate enough they will find your asses and take care of you.
Looks like us normal people should start investigating how to break their defenses and means of control.
Everyday I feel like capitalism will lead us into feudalism, especially once shit hits the fan.

This is just the first page.

For the record, no amount of "Fuck China" is going to stop the PRC from oppressing its people and yet it's still considered a perfectly reasonable response to whatever awful news comes out of there. So it doesn't make sense to play the "none of them post here" card because no politician or world leader posts here and we still go "fuck Trump", "fuck China", "fuck May" like it's the most natural thing in the world, cuz it is. People vent their frustrations in whatever outlet is available to them.

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
It's more directed at the thread than at the specific poster. By his argument, the rich's paranoia doe

Like so:

This is just the first page.

For the record, no amount of "Fuck China" is going to stop the PRC from oppressing its people and yet it's still considered a perfectly reasonable response to whatever awful news comes out of there. So it doesn't make sense to play the "none of them post here" card because no politician or world leader posts here and we still go "fuck Trump", "fuck China", "fuck May" like it's the most natural thing in the world, cuz it is. People vent their frustrations in whatever outlet is available to them.
It's fine to say "fuck whoever" but I personally wont call out Trump here because he doesn't post here (I'll disagree with him publicly, but I wont address him). I might call out a poster here because they do post here. It doesn't mean I'm excusing Trump and only concerned about the poster.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017

leder

Oct 25, 2017
That's not a super bunker or supplies behind lock and key.

Like, you're taking stock into what paranoid rich people are asking. Like, they're so smart they ask about buzzwords and shit from a person who cannot predict the future.
I have no idea why you're downplaying this so much. They are literally already prepping for the end times. Survival complexes are already being built. You think that this conversation with this professor is the only thing they've done?

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Like, you're taking stock into what paranoid rich people are asking. Like, they're so smart they ask about buzzwords and shit from a person who cannot predict the future.
Yeah rich dumb people can never hurt others with their idiocy.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...stimony/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.1fecbf92c4b6

Nope.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/08/us/politics/government-shutdown-deal.html

Nosiree.

I think you fail to realize that most people here are not scared of the bunker shit or whatever, but the fact that these people are potentially some of the most influential individuals in the United States and that they show they're utterly incapable of seeing beyond their petty concerns, and that this is actually bad for the rest of us because in this country wealth = power.

It's fine to say "fuck whoever" but I personally wont call out Trump here because he doesn't post here (I'll disagree with him publicly, but I wont address him). I might call out a poster here because they do post here. It doesn't mean I'm excusing Trump and only concerned about the poster.
Which makes you out of the norm, you know. Like, when people bitch about their rent or whatever humdrum thing is weighing on their shoulders, the actual complaining has nearly zero material impact on their situation but the ritual of complaining does alleviate stress and create grounds for empathy with listeners.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
I have no idea why you're downplaying this so much. They are literally already prepping for the end times. Survival complexes are already being built. You think that this conversation with this professor is the only thing they've done?
I would suspect almost all wealthy people have put very little thought into this. If a low income person with a make-shift bunker for the "end times" creates a dialogue with these topics, wouldn't you consider them paranoid?

Yeah rich dumb people can never hurt others with their idiocy.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...stimony/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.1fecbf92c4b6

Nope.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/08/us/politics/government-shutdown-deal.html

Nosiree.

I think you fail to realize that most people here are not scared of the bunker shit or whatever, but the fact that these people are potentially some of the most influential individuals in the United States and that they show they're utterly incapable of seeing beyond their petty concerns, and that this is actually bad for the rest of us because in this country wealth = power.
No need to side-step to another topic. It's about the rich planning for the apocalypse.

leder

Oct 25, 2017
I would suspect almost all wealthy people have put very little thought into this. If a low income person with a make-shift bunker for the "end times" creates a dialogue with these topics, wouldn't you consider them paranoid?
No? Because poor people don't control the vast majority of resources and direct policy. The fact that you think these things are comparable at all is as good a tell as any that you're either not interested in or not capable of actually discussing anything substantive on this topic and just want to throw out feints and whataboutisms.

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
No need to side-step to another topic. It's about the rich planning for the apocalypse.
I think you don't realize that this thread isn't occuring in a vacuum and that these responses aren't happening in a vacuum and that they're all part of a long pattern of people, on this board especially but also outside of it, getting fed up with the ultra-rich and their whims. I'm really surprised you don't see this.

It is pretty much expected and natural that people bring in whatever experiences they have into a topic from their own personal history, as it is their personal history that informs their views.

Paranoid without money carries a different amount of risk to you, as a layman, than paranoid with money.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
No? Because poor people don't control the vast majority of resources and direct policy. The fact that you think these things are comparable at all is as good a tell as any that you're either not interested in or not capable of actually discussing anything substantive on this topic and just want to throw out feints and whataboutisms.
Poor people do. There isn't robots doing all the food production and delivery. Do you think in the future that steaks will just come cut outta nowhere? What about rice? Pasta? Vegetables? Like, the whole idea of putting food under lock and key is paranoia because it literally cannot be done without human protection along every avenue in which food is produced. You can't grow livestock, vegetables, etc. in some massive bunker and somehow supply the world. It doesn't work that way. It's wishful paranoia thinking.

If we're at a point in human civilization where a collapse has occurred, direct policy will mean nothing. They may as well talk about making a space station like Elysium (it's not even remotely possible with our level of technology).

I think you don't realize that this thread isn't occuring in a vacuum and that these responses aren't happening in a vacuum and that they're all part of a long pattern of people, on this board especially but also outside of it, getting fed up with the ultra-rich and their whims. I'm really surprised you don't see this.

It is pretty much expected and natural that people bring in whatever experiences they have into a topic from their own personal history, as it is their personal history that informs their views.

Paranoid without money carries a different amount of risk to you, as a layman, than paranoid with money.

Well, we'll come back to that when the food storage wars begin. Until then? It's paranoid rich people thinking they can live a life of luxury in an apocalyptic world somehow. Maybe we should wait and see if an apocalypse even occurs.