• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
I've tore my kitchen a part looking for a morsel of any kind of food that could have fallenl behind an appliance and I can't find anything. Yet, there are a scary amount of gnats living in my kitchen. These bastards are nearly preventing me from going into the kitchen altogether. How do I get rid of these things? I've also noticed there are a ton outside of our apartment. Am I really going to have to call an exterminator over this or is there a product or tactic I can do to get rid of them?

This is out of control.

Robochimp

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I've tore my kitchen a part looking for a morsel of any kind of food that could have fallenl behind an appliance and I can't find anything. Yet, there are a scary amount of gnats living in my kitchen. These bastards are nearly preventing me from going into the kitchen altogether. How do I get rid of these things? I've also noticed there are a ton outside of our apartment. Am I really going to have to call an exterminator over this or is there a product or tactic I can do to get rid of them?

This is out of control.

Are you talking about fruit flys? If so this is all you have to do.

https://www.apartmenttherapy.com/how-to-make-a-fruit-fly-trap-h-108577

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
I've heard you can buy a long-necked bottle of shitty, super sugary wine and leave it open in your kitchen to get rid of gnats. Supposedly they will fly into the bottle due to the smell, get stuck, then die.

edit - *red wine

Bricktop

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They're pretty easy to clear out with some apple vinegar in an open glass.

Every summer, without fail, I get fruit flies and this is what I do. Just pour some apple cider vinegar in a glass with a couple drops of dish soap and it kills them off nicely.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
71I%2B0p%2B1l3L._SX679_.jpg

If it flies it dies

XenodudeX

Oct 25, 2017
Jacksonville, Florida
Don't keep any dirty dishes in the sink. Clean them immediately or put them in the dish washer. Keep the sink clean as well. Gnats love damp areas with rotting organic matter.

Cover up your trash. Don't leave it out in the open.

Gnats can't breed if they can't eat.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
They're pretty easy to clear out with some apple vinegar in an open glass.

This. Just add some dish soap in it as well to keep them in there.

I've been having a fruit fly problem over the last few days and have since added a couple of plastic bowls of the stuff to kill them. Killed about 60 of the little shits but I still see them around and have no idea where the food source is.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
I've just used apple cider vinegar in jars, with a squirt of dish soap to break the surface tension. Works like magic.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
today was my day off and i was sleeping in, when a fuckin gnat flew close to my ear

worst way to start the day

joecanada

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Gnats are little flies that bite animals and humans so how did you get those exactly do you live in a marsh or the woods

TSM

Oct 27, 2017
We had an infestation of fruit flies once. I got out my vaccuum and used the hose extension to suck them all up a couple times a day until they were gone.