• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
So, earlier today, I've been sent this.

[mod edit: tweet removed]

Apparently, someone took a picture of one of my post in the Gaming Side and gave it to an alt-right mockery account about ResetEra.
And I gotta say, it doesn't feel really good to know that you're being mocked by hundreds of people for a single post you made.
Plus, it's not like I typed some thought provoking piece, I just said that there was a difference between what people here want and what the studio probably wants.

I don't know how to feel, being laughed out in the open like that.
I really don't know what to do in this situation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 31, 2017
Laugh at them back. When people focus on others and make fun of them to make themselves feel better, it means they're bitter as fuck and insecure about themselves, along with totally lacking self-awareness and empathy (so they are probably unable to realize just how miserable and self-loathing they really are). Seriously, who cares what they think. Especially since they apparently lurk a forum primarily filled with the kind of people they hate just so they can make fun of them

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Imagine taking time out of your day to screen cap posts here for a twitter account.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Firstly take some comfort in how if shitbags like that are clamoring to disagree with you, then your saying something pretty damn right.

Mr. Genuine

Mar 23, 2018
The reason you feel bad is because you put more than zero stock in what they think about you and how much their opinions matter to, not only you, but society at large.

If you could physically see these people, this would probably be more obvious, and you would naturally be more dismissive of them.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
This site is lurked by tons of bad faith trolls and reactionaries, so it's just best to remember that when you post and that you, as an individual, can't do much about it, but you might as well tune it out and realize they're projecting a lot based on their insecurities.

Javier23

Oct 28, 2017
You should feel amazing that you are the one the bad guys singled out for your opinions. Take it as a compliment that those shitstains would be so annoyed about what you said. Because don't let them lie to you, with their attempts at ridiculing they are just disguising how insecure they feel in their own trash worldview, and so they need another hundred of them to cackle alongside them.

Jeff Albertson

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Easier said than done but let it slide, ignore it, being bothered by it is a sure fire way for this post and subsequent others to meet the same fate!

Remember online it's just faceless nonsense it's not you that's being mocked it's a faceless username

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
I took a picture of myself holding a can of Coca Cola when they had the random names printed on them. I found one that said "Dad" and captioned it, "I think my partner is trying to tell me something."

I posted it to Reddit, it got thousands of upvotes, then someone went and posted it on 9Gag and it went thermonuclear. People in the comments calling me "Fat Elijah Wood" and "Fat Frodo." I laughed it off but it was damn weird lmao

Chainshada

Oct 25, 2017
It depends on who's laughing, it's it's friends or peers I respect then it would be pretty devestating. But these are alt-right shitstains, so don't give them a second thought.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
This site is lurked by tons of bad faith trolls and reactionaries, so it's just best to remember that when you post and that you, as an individual, can't do much about it, but you might as well tune it out and realize they're projecting a lot based on their insecurities.

Imagine taking time out of your day to screen cap posts here for a twitter account.
Like seriously tho. 😂

1vaqn7.jpg

Blizz

Oct 25, 2017
Had this happen with a post on the old website, just laugh it off, people with nothing better to do.

Oct 31, 2017
Reminds me of right-winged people on Twitter who literally take every opportunity to shit on LGBT people, especially the T. Like, congrats on retaining the emotional intelligence of a 5 year old despite being way older I guess?

bell_hooks

Banned
Nov 23, 2019
Being laughed at by this twiiter account is nothing to be ashamed of. They bring nothing to discussion and only fuel anti "SJW" hate.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just so you know your post here is also probably gonna go up there now. Though I must admit I'm surprised you don't like it op. One of my posts was featured there and I thought it was great, so many people talking about it is only a good thing if you ask me. I didn't really care about any of what they had to say and just laughed at it. Let's be honest, if they're following that type of twitter account they aren't worth taking seriously when they try to make fun of you.

Just enjoy the fact you got so many people talking about you.

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
lmao they quoted me too for asking why someone liked a shit site like niche gamer. "why?" apparently is enough to be a subject of their vitriol lmao

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
This kind of thing has likely happened upteen times across the internet. People are going to look at other places and laughing at people. Just know it'll be something people forget about sooner rather than later. Don't let it get you down, OP.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Just accept that it one post in an unending sea of shit from a hateful group, and find solace you're not targeted for harassment daily like the people and communities you mention in the screencapped post

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
If bad people feel threatened enough to call you out on social media you probably did something right.

OP
OP
CaptainKashup

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
As someone with Autism, I'm always struggling to understand why do people mock others, why do they treat others like that. Why do people do most things in general.
So being used as a laughing stock by these people, it's kind of hard to digest, I guess ? I'm really confused about what they're gaining in mocking me.
But yeah, you guys are right, I'm just going to try and ignore it.

Deleted member 16365

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Laugh too. Not only will it make you look like you can take a joke, but less will be fired in your direction as that's not the reaction they're looking for.

At least in most situations. Unfortunately this one you're going to have to let go given what happened.

LBsquared

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 22, 2019
Should be laughed at for calling box art "banal". But honestly, just ignore the laughs if it's from people full of hate.

DeathyBoy

Oct 29, 2017
Under my Hela Hela
So, earlier today, I've been sent this.

[mod edit: tweet removed]

Apparently, someone took a picture of one of my post in the Gaming Side and gave it to an alt-right mockery account about ResetEra.
And I gotta say, it doesn't feel really good to know that you're being mocked by hundreds of people for a single post you made.
Plus, it's not like I typed some thought provoking piece, I just said that there was a difference between what people here want and what the studio probably wants.

I don't know how to feel, being laughed out in the open like that.
I really don't know what to do in this situation.

Ignore it.

These people want attention because they have nothing else going for them in life. The more you get upset, the more you feed them and give them validation that they haven't earned and don't deserve.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 9479

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I've seen some of these types of accounts that showcase posts that frankly deserve it.

yours clearly does not, and it sucks. The type of people laughing at you for this are

I'd say don't let it bother you - that's what we're supposed to do - but we all know it's not always that easy. There's also really nothing you can do other than reassuring yourself that the people who would laugh at it are the kind of people you wouldn't want in your life anyway.

once on a Disney World blog, a post of mine criticizing it was clipped and posted to its followers. the author was often mean spirited, and I said so. Comments on that blog post weren't pretty and it's nothing that I shouldn't have expected. Still wonder what I would say if I run into him at one of the parks. Nothing, most likely, because what would that accomplish?

and that's the only real thing you can do. Rest easy knowing the people attempting to dunk on you are just anonymous shitbags with problems they probably will never overcome. That's on them.

Deleted member 16657

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As someone with Autism, I'm always struggling to understand why do people mock others, why do they treat others like that. Why do people do most things in general.
So being used as a laughing stock by these people, it's kind of hard to digest, I guess ? I'm really confused about what they're gaining in mocking me.

The more time you spend mocking others the less you have to think about how shitty and unfulfilled your own life is. Its really not that complicated.

DeathyBoy

Oct 29, 2017
Under my Hela Hela

You're trying to find logic where there isn't any.

Amalthea

Dec 22, 2017
Who cares if some angry twitter twats laugh at you? It's like being laughed at by someone whose pants have been pulled down.

Sean

Oct 25, 2017
Longview
Dude, don't worry about it. You rustled their jimmies and that should be a national pastime. You never need to respond to or worry about these kind of posts from them. You're basically living in their head rent free and and driving bad people nuts.

Also these idiots can't deal with push back. So if you run into one of these pencil necked losers, you smirk, say "fuck off, shitbird", and happily go about your day.

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
I don't have eyebrows and I've been laughed at for it my whole life. There's no reason why people do it but they do. In your case, I'm assuming it is because you're "wrong" or something. Gotta let them be them and do your thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.