• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

OtherWorldly

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
I am doing this over the phone and the process is nonsense. It takes me to a link where they talk about what qualities for refund . Then it says click here to refund. I click and it takes me to a page about types of refund and at the end it says contact support to request refund, I click the support link and it takes me back to the original page. How do I simply request a refund ?

JohnnyToonami

Dec 16, 2018
Earth
I did this last year (US) before they had these guidelines. I went on the site and it literally directed me to a specific chat agent and I got my refund within minutes. I'd just go on the live chat for most support issues.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
First of all, good luck. Sony does basically the bare minimum legally required, which means in the US you get less customer rights than in the EU.

If it's a game and you bought it within the last 14 days and you haven't downloaded it, then you should be able to get it. Otherwise, it's going to be tougher. People used to say they'd give you either one refund ever or maybe one per year, with Sony calling it a "one time thing because we value you", though perhaps with their updated policies that's over.

Word of warning. If using their live chat support and you don't like the person you're dealing with, and you try again to get someone else, they can stealth ban you. What happens then is you'll enter your info to start the chat and it will take you to a page saying their site is down and try again later, but if you enter different user info it works, which is a really dick move of them.

Kitten Mittens

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 11, 2018
Never pre-order from a company with a pre-order refund policy as horrendous as Sony's. They don't deserve your money.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Never pre-order from a company with a pre-order refund policy as horrendous as Sony's. They don't deserve your money.
Unless they changed the policy recently, they don't even lower the price for you if the game you pre-purchased drops in price before launch. They did offer refunds like that one time, again "being nice", but it wasn't and afaik still isn't their actual policy.

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Process is nonsense! Sony makes it hard as possible to deter you from doing it.
Needs to have a way to cancel or request a refund through the PS4 dashboard or Storefront.
Had a lot of trouble trying to connect with their customer support to do it back in April, after a week of errors and disconnections, I finally got through to them and the guy got it done in 5 min. Something that takes literally minutes to do took hours of effort in the process.