• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
Does anyone have a clue on how to see embedded Twitter tweets on Firefox? No matter what I try, these embedded tweets on here will not load.

Thanks.

Oct 25, 2017
Really? I'm on firefox I didn't notice a problem but maybe I'm unobservant. Test:

Edit: I can see this just fine.
I'm on quantum version 69. Are you fully updated?

I seem to vaguely remember a thing where if you have "do not track" turned on as a hard rule in the settings it might interfere with twitter embeds. Check that out.
My privacy content blocking is set to standard and DoNotTrack is set to "Only when Firefox is set to block known trackers."

oledome

Oct 25, 2017
Would there be a way for Era to have Tweets parsed and embedded without having Twitter track people that aren't even using their website?

OP
OP
SpaceCrystal

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
Really? I'm on firefox I didn't notice a problem but maybe I'm unobservant. Test:

Edit: I can see this just fine.
I'm on quantum version 69. Are you fully updated?

I seem to vaguely remember a thing where if you have "do not track" turned on as a hard rule in the settings it might interfere with twitter embeds. Check that out.
My privacy content blocking is set to standard and DoNotTrack is set to "Only when Firefox is set to block known trackers."

if you use ublock origin add this to your filters and it should fix the problem

Well, neither of those have worked.

Tomacco

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else have any hints? I've tried even turning off ublock orgin for the site, adding the rule suggested by Oldmario , plus disabling contact blocking and still no go

OP
OP
SpaceCrystal

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
I think I know what the problem is. It's add-ons like Privacy Badger & DuckDuckGo: Privacy Essentials.

Where it says under the following:

abs.twimg.com
platform.twitter.com
pbs.twimg.com
syndication.twitter.com
cdn.syndication.twimg.com

All Twitter related. I had to whitelist them all.

Tomacco Try what I wrote above.

Last edited:

Garchia3.0

Dec 20, 2018
Necroing this thread as I started to run into this issue today and didn't want to create a new one. Everything was working fine, but then all of a sudden, I'm no longer able to see embedded tweets here on Era.

So weird... Any of you experiencing this lately?

Herne

Dec 10, 2017
God, I hate Twitter. The format makes no sense, you click on someone's profile and instead of seeing an orderly profession of tweets based on time of posting, it's a lawless wasteland of "whatever the fuck". Plus tweets take forever to load on other sites, they're always the last element to load and on forums (such as this one) they often fail to load entirely.

I hate Twitter.

Rant over.

Garchia3.0

Dec 20, 2018
Solved it by restarting my router... -_-

(If someone else bumps into this issue, try doing what I did as well. Who knows?, it might help you.)

Last edited:

Lebon30

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
This... You have to put tracking protection to "Standard" unless they won't load at all. And doing this "solution" just makes it a "all or nothing" solution where you have to disable protection to see content. So content vs. protection. Choose one.

God, I hate Twitter. The format makes no sense, you click on someone's profile and instead of seeing an orderly profession of tweets based on time of posting, it's a lawless wasteland of "whatever the fuck". Plus tweets take forever to load on other sites, they're always the last element to load and on forums (such as this one) they often fail to load entirely.

I hate Twitter.

Rant over.
The problem is that it mixes up all the retweets and actual tweets together. So, yeah, it's a mess. It's personally the only thing I have against Twitter right now.