• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 40102

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Gosh I can't stop giving the creepy thirsty looks when I see attractive people.

I don't know how to get over them.... is there a healthy way to tune down my sexual desire to function normally and stop being so needy ?

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA
Try to reexamine what you think your life is missing and why you think that an attractive person noticing you would improve your life.

You're probably just craving attention in general.

Soph

Oct 25, 2017
Certain monks used to quell their sexual desire by having smaller bands of iron maiden like contraptions around their jewelry. in case of accidental swelling of the jewelry a sinister episode of impaling would occur and squash any such desires.

Operations

Oct 29, 2017
There are legitimate prescription solutions (finasteride, arimedex, etc.). Talk to your physician.

viciouskillersquirrel

Cheering your loss
Oct 25, 2017
I mean get over being so needy to attractive people in general. I definitely don't obsses over single person.
So you want to maintain your composure when you meet someone attractive, so that your desire to gain their respect doesn't change how you behave and inadvertently send the signal that you are desperate for their attention?

Work on becoming more attractive yourself. Learn an instrument, read some books, take up an exciting hobby, lose/gain weight and/or revamp your wardrobe. Feeling attractive and interesting yourself will make you more confident and that in itself is more attractive.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Hey
giphy.gif

OP
OP

Deleted member 40102

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
So you want to maintain your composure when you meet someone attractive, so that your desire to gain their respect doesn't change how you behave and inadvertently send the signal that you are desperate for their attention?

Work on becoming more attractive yourself. Learn an instrument, read some books, take up an exciting hobby, lose/gain weight and/or revamp your wardrobe. Feeling attractive and interesting yourself will make you more confident and that in itself is more attractive.
No my desire is to actually turn off my needy brain not to gain their respect. Its for myself so I can think about what is important rather than think about someone whenever I see them

SupremeWu

Banned
Dec 19, 2017
You gotta play it, coool

www.youtube.com

Play it Cool The Simpsons

Homer's dating advice from Episode 21 of Season 5: Lady Bouvier's Lover.If you wanna make your move, ya gotta play it...Cool.Now watcha gotta do,If you wanna...

Josh378

Oct 27, 2017
I'm the opposite, give no attention to hot opposite sex and they start giving you attention.

Works everytime...

andrew

Oct 25, 2017
honestly?

think about how they're just as fucking stupid as you are.

I don't mean that as a personal insult I genuinely used that as advice in high school/college. as someone with generally low self-esteem and social anxiety I was often frozen and awkward around conventionally attractive people. of both genders, and not in a way where I was trying to make a move on them. it was more like an intrusive thought of, how do I even talk to you you're gorgeous and are probably constantly validated all day every day and wouldn't give a shit what I say or think. but I slowly realized that those people do roughly as much stupid shit as I do, spend roughly as much time second-guessing their decisions and being insecure. they're simply another gormless sack of meat that happens to be arranged in a more aesthetically pleasing way. thinking about that made it much easier to not be thirsty.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Socialize.

You need to talk to people. Talk to attractive people and you'll stop seeing them as unattainable pieces of flesh.

Pelicano

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just focus on emotional self control, which is easier to do when you lead a busy and fulfilling life. It's hard to not think about hot girls/dudes you fucked up courting when you're just sitting in your room all night. Get more friends and hobbies. They're also people too. Good luck.