• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

brainchild

Independent Developer
Verified
Nov 25, 2017
I'm absolutely terrible when it comes to remembering/recalling physical traits of people in great detail, even if I'm very familiar with the person in question.

I was recently thinking of how useless I would be to a sketch artist if they asked me to describe a suspect that I saw at a crime scene. The problem is when I see people, I don't pay a great deal of attention to specific physical details about them, but rather broader overall impressions that they make with body language and facial expressions. I could describe how they behaved in detail, but not what clothes they were wearing or what kind of eyebrows they had.

I'm curious to know how good you all are at noticing physical traits of people in great detail, and how useful you think you'd be at helping a sketch artist pick up on those details. Am I some human anomaly or are some of you just as bad of an eyewitness as I am?