• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How would you rank the current Classic offerings in PS+ Premium

• The best classic offerings in gaming

Votes: 36 3.6%
  • I can’t even play some of the offerings due to no streaming in my region

Votes: 48 4.8%
  • Playstation is inflicting mental damage with their offerings (or lack thereof) every month

Votes: 917 91.6%

• Total voters

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
FTj_QmSaMAEo8tB

PS+ Premium has now been available for 4-5 months depending on your area. With its big selling point being the inclusion of Classic Titles (whether native or via streaming only).

So I'm this span of time, how would you consider your satisfaction with the premium tier and its classic offerings?

www.thesixthaxis.com

Every Classic PlayStation game on PS Plus Premium [November 2022] | TheSixthAxis

PlayStation Plus Premium Classic Game library includes PS1, PS2, PSP, PS3 and PS4 remasters. Here's a list of every game.

————

Personally, the premium tier should be applauded for its great selection of titles and value. There's nothing better than seeing no titles added during a month or a selection of titles that are streaming only thus I can't enjoy them. That's not to mention the continued bending of their own rules where some titles count as classic enough for premium but others are added to extra for no other reason than "just because". The PS+ Premium tier I'm subbed for 3 years has been money well spent so far.

I just want some classic PS content that I can play natively every month. Is that really that much to ask for?
1b0f9dpa.gif

Things started off pretty well too and then once they said they were going to fix regions that are suffering with 50HZ games, everything kind of came to a complete stop and now we're being offered streaming only titles or "ports" of native PS4 content being labeled as classic.

MarcelloF

Dec 9, 2020
It's completel trash. I was at least expecting the PS Classic lineup to be there, but we don't even get that.

And fucking fix the PAL bullshit, Sony.

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
i was a butthair from upgrading, so glad i didn't, its been straight up garbage

such an easy layup too

Vash

Oct 28, 2017
Some good titles, but completely lacklustre outside of that. Unfortunately.

It could've been so much more.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
As far as classic releases are concerned, even worse than I imagined, and I had pretty low expectations overall.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
I personally love throwing all my money into a fire, so I will continue to subscribe to Premium after my current subscription is up so I can receive no games.

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
The actual wild part is PS+ Deluxe which literally got nothing new this month. I legit have no fucking idea what Sony is doing with this Tyr but it ain't working, at all.

Creepy Woody

Nov 11, 2017
Australia
The worst two: I literally can't play half of them because no streaming and it fucking sucks anyway because there hasn't been any new ones since launch.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
An active scam. You're paying $20 extra per year to get literally nothing.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
It is a complete and undeniable joke of a service.

Every single month should have at least a couple PS1/PS2/PSP games. Simple as that.

teruterubozu

Oct 28, 2017
I played Primal and the graphics were all messed up with lots of pop-in artifacts. They've got a lot of work to do on this.

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
As a Premium owner, I feel scammed

As a Premium owner in a 'PAL' region, I feel scammed and insulted

Sony's treatment of its legacy software is a joke on its own, let alone compared to the work MS have put in

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
It's woeful.

The stupidest thing is that it really should not be that difficult for Sony to put together a service that includes games that people think are worth an extra €20 over and above the cost of Extra (which most subscribers here seem to agree is worth the price). It's less than €2 a month, it should barely be possible to fuck that up, and yet Sony are still fucking it up super fucking badly.

The lack of PSone games (and the PAL mess for many regions, that hasn't been fixed despite promises), the stagnant pile of PS2 games left over from the PS4 PS2 Classics range, streaming-only PS3 games (with former Now games removed and re-added as monthly games) that aren't available for many countries, the cobbled-together set of PS4 games that are remasters or re-releases or re-somethings of old games, and the PSP games that are missing QoL features (that PSP games on Vita had on day one) just aren't a coherent, appealing product. Sony have put minimum effort in everywhere, and it shows.

Sim

Oct 25, 2017
i wish they'd let me convert my premium into extra and get more time on that sub

Extra Sauce

Oct 27, 2017
aren't the few PS1 and PS2 games that are actually on there buggier than ever, to add insult to injury?

gothi

Prophet of Truth
Jun 23, 2020
I''m not sure they could have done worse if they actually tried, I didn't expect much but they managed to limbo under my low expectations with ease.

I wanted to relive some of my favourite PS1 and PS2 games without needing to unpack my consoles and games from the attic; the PS1 collection is poor and where are the PS2 games??

I'm in a PAL region where they have managed to utterly cock up the PS1 side of things to the point you have to wonder if it's world class ineptitude or done out of malice.

ZangBa

Oct 25, 2017
Did they not add any classic games again this month? This service blows lmao.

The Gold Hawk

Jan 30, 2019
Yorkshire
Just on how Sony has been for myself, I knew it wasn't going to be wildy underwhelming. Honestly, I routinely forget to even check what is available

So, I'll be kind and call the offerings "forgetable"

HelloItsPulse

Dec 14, 2017
It's awful, honestly. They refuse to put any of their bigger classic games on the service which is probably why we don't see a steady release of them. Then you have the issue where they refuse to patch the PS2 games that don't work properly on PS5, but hey they will happily keep them on the list so that potential buyers can see "Ape Escape 2" and get suckered into playing a garbage version of the game.

They should have just had PS+ at 10 dollars and Premium at 15, ditch the trials and tell the subscribers that the classic games will come at a inconsistent pace, but for some reason Sony NEEDS that high priced tier, even though it probably isn't doing as well as they want it to.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
If I hadn't locked in for the next seven years at the price of Essential, I'd be close to demanding my money back. Extra is fine, and in my case, for the price, I can't complain.

Also, what happened to the "all games above ~$40 must have a demo" thing? Not that I'm that interested in downloading dozens of gigs for two hours of gameplay....

PucePikmin

Apr 26, 2018
It's very slapdash and feels like something Sony begrudgingly does because they couldn't think of anything else to justify a Premium tier.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
There is definitely some massive issue behind the scenes. Licensing, emulation, trophy support, lack of care - whatever. But it shows.

Dec 6, 2017
US
Absolute trash. Gladly I still own my favorite PS1 and PS2 games anyway so emulator for the win. Sorry Sony but this service sucks ass as much as I'd like to kick back on the couch and play some of these on my PS5.

Instant Vintage

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
The easiest layup in the world and not only was it an airball, it wasn't even anywhere near the rim. It graced the backboard due to the first month's offering and then careened wildly into the stands without glancing at the rim.

This is the absolute worst offering timeline we're living in, and we aren't escaping anytime soon.

Deleted member 81119

User-requested account closure
Banned
Sep 19, 2020
I had realistic expectations of 2-3 c tier games per month with the occasional game that people actually care about.

Somehow Sony failed to even meet this expectations