• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
In the shorter term absolutely hanging out with friends, sex with someone, a satisfying workout at the gym and I'm looking forward to when I can work again.

I assume concerts are further out.

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017
- Will hug my mom and probably have teary eyes because I haven't seen her in months (momma's boy, I know)
- Will see my friends and actually go to the pub with them even though I never do it normally

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully see a movie in a theater again. Probably see someone I haven't seen in a while over lunch too.

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hartford, CT
Wife and I will book vacation somewhere overseas. I've never traveled outside of NA, with l this going on all I want to do is be able to see the world man.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
Here's the thing: There probably won't be a solidly marked endpoint to the isolation. It will ebb and flow, but we're unlikely to have officials hold a press conference and say "Okay everyone go out and play again!" It'll be piecemeal, county by county, city by city, as people decide the worst might be over. And even then, resurgences will occur until we have a proper vaccine, so isolation will have to be repeated on small or possibly larger scales for the next 18 months or longer until that vaccine arrives. And then everyone has to get vaccinated and then, maybe, we get an announcement that the virus is effectively controlled. But I doubt anyone will want to take responsibility for being the person who says "All clear" on this.

What would be a more effective solution, but I doubt will happen, at least in the US, because it would require too much organization, is to achieve widespread testing to determine who has it, who doesn't have it, and who had it and now has antibodies. Then you'd have to mark the survivors somehow with a wristband or ID card of some kind, and those people could go back out into the world and to work and all that without fear of spreading the virus further. Everyone else who has it would have to self-quarantine and anyone who didn't have any signs of having it would have to continue to social distance from non-immune people until a vaccine was available. Sort of an administratively managed form of limited herd immunity. However this feels real fucking dystopian so it's unlikely people would be on board with it, despite how effective it would be at getting some things back up and running in the interim between the peak of infection and the availability of a vaccine.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've been itching to go out and date around after dropping a ton of weight already, being locked inside lately is making me feel very antsy. I was already trowling before the virus, being in lock down is tough.

Suffice to say, I'm gonna be on the hunt for straight up no strings attached sex ASAP.

Oct 25, 2017
But I doubt anyone will want to take responsibility for being the person who says "All clear" on this.
Oh... I can think of someone egotistical enough to claim victory, and a date he'll do it before. It might not use the same "Mission Accomplished" banner or declare it on an aircraft carrier like W did, but he'll do something similar.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
Oh... I can think of someone egotistical enough to claim victory, and a date he'll do it before. It might not use the same "Mission Accomplished" banner or declare it on an aircraft carrier like W did, but he'll do something similar.

Haha, yeah, fair point. But hopefully by then everyone except his cult will know not to listen to him.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think Im gonna spend all day in the movie theaters. I dont even care whats playing, just sit in the dark with a bunch of strangers again. Fuck me, didnt know how much I'd miss that.

J.T

Nov 22, 2017
Will go get a steak dinner at a fancy restaurant and then hit the bar/club for night of drinking.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
When the lockdown ends it's going to be quiet not a big celebration. It won't be for months and I'd imagine most people will be terrified and scared and won't go out partying butnwill slowly go back to normalcy.

Lockdowns will end in some states while body bags are piling up and the dead are being buried. I know that this is sounds dire, but it might be horrible.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
Lol.

There will be no celebrations.

when the final count is done and we all see what our final truth is at the end of this experience it's going to be ugly and there won't be much worth celebrating. We'll be too busy figuring out what's next.

Herne

Dec 10, 2017
I'll go outside with my camera. I have a low immune system so I've been locked up inside for weeks and must remain so until the end.

SteveMeister

Oct 31, 2017
With a great deal of trepidation, especially if isolation ends without a vaccine and/or effective treatment.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Probably hang out with my friends, go out to shows.

Friends are going to be surprised. I started a diet just before it started, down 25 lbs, aim to go another 25 and I think that'll be well before the shut in is over.

Darkmaigle

Oct 25, 2017
Take my wife and kids to dinner and a movie. Then we will spend a lot of time explaining to them what happened and why it's important as fuck to vote

LFMartins86

Nov 7, 2017
My birthday is today so a barbecue with my closest friends to celebrate it even if it's in May, I really don't count as a birthday if I can't spend it with the people I love.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
The same thing I always do; complete my plan to take over the WOOOOORRRRLLLD! MUUUHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

Deleted member 62221

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 17, 2019
Depends. So far me and my family are safe but If I end up losing somebody I won't celebrate, I would probably join the next social clash of my country and look for people to blame and punish (I won't be in a rational mood).

If not, a movie and eating out, I guess.

Hexa

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
I think the only differences in my life would be having to go in to work instead of teleworking and being less worried when buying groceries.

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
Continue my usual schedule, which is uhhh staying indoors and playing games. Lockdown hasn't actually affected much for me, to be honest.

Happy for other people that will get out to see family and friends finally. I might plan a trip down to see my mom and sister, now that I think about it.