• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
As has been mentioned, the year 1999 is a very important year in the Castlevania timeline, it is the year that Julius Belmont, the first Belmont since Richter to wield the Vampire Killer whip, defeated Dracula once and for all while Alucard is said to have led a ritual that sealed Castlevania inside a Solar Eclipse so it could never return. However, a game depicting this event has never been made. But if we were to get a final battle between Julius and Dracula, how would the final battle play out? What roles would Jonathon Morris and Charlotte play (who could still be alive by the time the game takes place although they would be in their 70s). What is Alucard doing during the events of the battle?

I imagine Julius enters Dracula's throne room where Dracula is waiting for him. They exchange some dialogue where Dracula remarks it has been a long time since he's fought the Blood of Belmont. Julius and Dracula begin their battle with Dracula transforming into a second form like he usually does but it's his biggest form ever. Dracula puts Julius on his knees like what Mother Brain did to Samus in Super Metroid, Dracula's armies are starting to overwhelm the armies of the world. But then, the spirits of Past Belmonts: Leon, Trevor, Christopher, Simon, Juste, Richter all appear and offer their descendent encouraging words and help to power up Julius, now fighting with the might of all the Belmonts who came before him and the tide begins turning....

Alucard prepares the ritual to seal the castle away but only if Julius can land the final blow on Dracula... With one final swing of the whip, Julius lands the final blow on Dracula that kills him once and for all.... Julius and a female protagonist who was weakening the castle below while Julius fought Dracula make it out of the castle as Dracula's armies die and the castle is sealed while the entire world cheers at Dracula's demise....

That's just how I would do it. I really do hope we get a game depicting these events one day, but that may be wishful thinking at this point....

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Dracula is sealed away as planned... and then the new millennium rolls around and unlocks him, in THE RETURN TO CASTLEVANIA.

But for real, I never realised that Alucard spanned multiple Castlevania eras. The idea of a protagonist that spans generations, into past and future entries, is a really cool one. Villains do that all the time, so why not heroes, too.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Julius: I've never forgiven you Dracula! Never! What you did is inexcusable!

Dracula: hahahaha I meant it then and I meant it now. Who is even named Julius anymore, who are you fucking Caesar!?

*both turn into pachinko machines*

*Konami nods their heads excitedly*