• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

"D."

Oct 30, 2017
After all he DOES fit with the Heroes vs Villians theme. Some differences between them would be:

- slightly slower but stronger (heavyweight like Snake maybe)
- longer reach in some of his attacks

Move differences
- Down aerial: "Misogi" chop from Capcom vs SNK 2. Think of Bowser/Yoshi/Kirby's down B but it impales the opponent in the ground if they are grounded already when struck. Higher percents mean they stay stuck longer. Can spike.
- Down B: Ashura senkuu (Teleport) The longer you hold it the farther he slides. If he gets behind his opponent he will automatically face them. Low end lag so you can attack out of it.
- Fireballs in the air will be shot diagonally. If you input the motion, throwing the fireball will halt a little of his momentum in the air but they will be stronger if they hit. Normally pressing B and he will retain whatever aerial momentum he has but the fireball will be weaker
- Tatsumakisenpukyaku will hit mutiple times
- his attacks do a fair amount of damage to shields

Final Smash would be Raging Demon. If close to an enemy he will grab them and do a sped up version of the move. Above 100% and you die instantly.

He'll share the same stage as Ryu but it will be at midnight with a large blood moon in the background behind the dojo with storm clouds and a few lightning strikes in the background.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
akuma makes way more sense considering the heroes vs villains theme. but it's probably gonna be ken. oh well.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
I feel that Heroes vs villains theme was misinterpreted.

It was meant solely for the K.Rool trailer in my opinion. And it's more of a rivials theme trailer.

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
If they do Akuma, what does this mean for lore regarding Akuma's relation to Tekken 7?

Lindsay

Nov 4, 2017
It should be Dan and no one else. Ken's to much of an easy way out and Akuma really wouldn't fit. We deserve Dan goofy party fun time!

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I'd prefer Akuma, but Ken is still his rival right?

I can see Akuma being a "boss" like Rathalos and Alucard.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
Akuma would be way cooler. He was very close to Ryu in SSFII, all you would need to do is change his roll to his phase thing and give him Raging Demon as a final Smash. But Ken is easier and is the original ECHO FIGHTER so I understand including him.

I would like to see him appear in the rumored story mode as a boss if possible.

Vert1

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Dark Ryu would make more sense for an echo. Akumu is too different imo. With that written, I don't think third party characters are getting any more character spaces.

Cerium

The Former
Oct 23, 2017
Akuma would be better but this can go in any of the existing Smash threads until there's news to discuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.