• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
im reading that episode 9 is apparently 1 year or 2 after TLJ so it got me thinking that maybe Kylo could have a child in this time to continue the skywalker lineage.

you would thing is extremely cheap way to continue the skywalker lineage?

i mean, for me it would be sad to end skywalkers with Ben, but i really dont want him to be redempted, so i need him to die.

ALSO NO REYLO PLEASE.

Angry Grimace

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
im reading that episode 9 is apparently 1 year or 2 after TLJ so it got me thinking that maybe Kylo could have a child in this time to continue the skywalker lineage.

you would thing is extremely cheap way to continue the skywalker lineage?

i mean, for me it would be sad to end skywalkers with Ben, but i really dont want him to be redempted, so i need him to die.

ALSO NO REYLO PLEASE.
Sounds like a great idea if they wanted to drive a sizable portion of the fanbase into total hysteria

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
Um who would he have a child with? Phasma? I don't really see a scenario where they introduce a baby into the plot with some mother we've never met before.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
NO REYLO EVER

But yeah sure if it's another character than go ahead whatever haha.

Bor Gullet

Oct 27, 2017
tenor.gif

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
any random girl, why does the mom need to be a "character"

Since the Skywalker lineage is pretty important to the episodic series. We spent 3 movies watching how Anakin met and had children with Padme. It would be incredibly bizarre to say the least to introduce a character in the final film like, "yeah this here is Juno and she's the daughter in law of Leia and Han."

OP
OP
Gustaf

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
also the mom being irrelevant for episode 9 could be a very good way to star episode 10, when the son or daughter goes on a quest to find her or more about her at the very least.

mmmm, but that't too similar to rey i suppose

Since the Skywalker lineage is pretty important to the episodic series. We spent 3 movies watching how Anakin met and had children with Padme. It would be incredibly bizarre to say the least to introduce a character in the final film like, "yeah this here is Juno and she's the daughter in law of Leia and Han."

agaaaain, why does she need to be a character?

Kylo only needed someone to preserve the bloodline and thats it. hit & quit it

PrimeBeef

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It would be awesome if he gave birth to twins then died as he gave one to Rey and the other to Finn to raise seperately.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I can't even imagine Kylo having a love interest, much less having sex with someone.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If the Skywalker line is to die with Ben, so be it. No reason to pull a baby out of a hat just to be able to bring in a new Skywalker in another movie.

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
Look man people are already going to lose their shit when they found out the connection with Rey is still there.

A child would make them lose their shit

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
also the mom being irrelevant for episode 9 could be a very good way to star episode 10, when the son or daughter goes on a quest to find her or more about her at the very least.

mmmm, but that't too similar to rey i suppose

agaaaain, why does she need to be a character?

Becasue all the Skywalkers matter. Why not have the daughter in law of Leia and Han be a character? Star Wars fans are still pissed that Snoke didn't get a backstory, you think they would be alright with the new generation of the Skywalker lineage have some non-present mom who isn't even a character and birthed him/her offscreen?

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think he needs a child, but I think I would be pretty pissed if he died and the Skywalker bloodline ended. I think he's a very interesting character, that went in the wrong direction at the end of TLJ.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, it also doesn't have to be "rape", though I'll concede that's a hard line to draw when we are talking about a power differential on the level of supreme leaders. Maybe a space-royal power arrangement? Wouldn't be a good look in any case.

Yeah, not a good look. The very idea of Ben Solo having a one night stand to force a woman to have his child so that he can continue the Skywalker bloodline is just...

...awkward to say the least.