• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it blows my mind that people think that you need to love someone to have a child with.

Right?

Best example I can think of is Olga from Metal Gear Solid 2 and her baby. The father is never mentioned or brought up because it's so unimportant to her character.

Was it a one night stand? True love? Did he die?

The answer is basically
tenor.gif

MagicHobo

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, not a good look. The very idea of Ben Solo having a one night stand to force a woman to have his child so that he can continue the Skywalker bloodline is just...

...awkward to say the least.
I mean, it could be he is struggling to maintain a hold over all the different planets, and a powerful space queen who is in a position to cement his power wants his powerful Skywalker blood at the expense of having to hook up with a pathetic sad sack. He ends up being used again for the same thing Snoke wanted him for, his genes.

Angry Grimace

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
By the way, the entire conversation you guys are having is why this would never happen and why I mentioned total fandom hysteria

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
it blows my mind that people think that you need to love someone to have a child with.

So you want the fate of the entire Skywalker line to culminate with a one-night stand Kyle had with some First Order official?

That'll be like if the prequel trilogy cut Padme and had it so in between episodes 2 and 3 Anakin had two children and we never see who Padme is. It'll be so fucking dumb and that's saying something when talking about the prequel trilogy.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Kylo and Hux would be the best dads. Their son or daughter could be a test tube baby with Kylo's sperm and Captain Phasma's egg. The fanfiction writes itself.

I don't want this. I don't ever want this.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
dont really care, aslong as the movie is good

thats literally all i want from star wars at this point

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
Shmi was pretty much a nobody that was barely looked into (the Jedi literally let her be a slave and hopped away) so I don't think it would bother me much if Kylo had a quick one night stand.

PrimeBeef

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So you want the fate of the entire Skywalker line to culminate with a one-night stand Kyle had with some First Order official?

That'll be like if the prequel trilogy cut Padme and had it so in between episodes 2 and 3 Anakin had two children and we never see who Padme is. It'll be so fucking dumb and that's saying something when talking about the prequel trilogy.
So, the future of the Skywalker line may have continued on with a night if incestual passion if Luke had any balls early on.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
By the way, the entire conversation you guys are having is why this would never happen and why I mentioned total fandom hysteria

Seems more like mental gymnastics to me. When you realise Ben isn't the sort of person to settle down and have a family, the realisation dawns that he's the last Skywalker. Thus you resort to one night stands, rape or any other sexist crap to give him a way to have a kid without needing him to fall in love with someone.

The entire idea is making my brain get frown lines.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
I think by the end of this trilogy Anakin will be the only male in the Skywalker line to have slept with a woman before his death.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
he could chose a top rank st

culminate? thats the point dude, the line would go on. and Rey could train the kid to be a good person

The Last Jedi was all about how the past needs to die. This is like Cursed Child when they expect you to believe Voldemort and Bellatrix had a child in between books to artificially keep the plot lasting longer.

I don't want some random First Order official Kylo hooked up with and we never see to carry on the Skywalker lineage if it must continue.

ConanEd

Alt account
Banned
Dec 27, 2018
It was on that "insider leak" of unknown origin anyway. I will lol in real life if this happen.

Frozen Viper

Feb 7, 2019
I mean I love the idea of a future time skip for Episode IX, I'd like to see how it plays out before I throw down judgement one way or the other. I just hope IX just has a lot of satisfying battle sequences this go around. Rogue One and the snippets of space battles in VII and VIII have left me with the desire to see a full half hour plus huge battle.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
No. The idea is lame and out of character. Skywalker line needs to die anyways. We need new shit in SW.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Why would the skywalker line just "end" if Kylo dies?

Is cloning impossible? Stored genetic material impossible?

This is sci-fi, come on

Deleted member 8468

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So you want Kylo to have a kid, but not a love interest or have the mother be a relevant character at all.

So to sidestep some possibly problematic characterization of women with your vision, I think Kylo Ren should Force Manifest a child into existence.

OP
OP
Gustaf

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Why would the skywalker line just "end" if Kylo dies?

Is cloning impossible? Stored genetic material impossible?

This is sci-fi, come on

no cloning please

So you want Kylo to have a kid, but not a love interest or have the mother be a relevant character at all.

So to sidestep some possibly problematic characterization of women with your vision, I think Kylo Ren should Force Manifest a child into existence.

i dont want anything, im just asking how people would feel about it

Angry Grimace

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seems more like mental gymnastics to me. When you realise Ben isn't the sort of person to settle down and have a family, the realisation dawns that he's the last Skywalker. Thus you resort to one night stands, rape or any other sexist crap to give him a way to have a kid without needing him to fall in love with someone.

The entire idea is making my brain get frown lines.
Yeah, the "one night stands, rape or any other sexist crap" is why Disney would never greenlight that kind of storyline. It adds literally nothing other than awful Rule 34 baiting.

Rogue Blue

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
If Anakin could be born without a father, then sure, why the hell not.

Kylo can get pregnant from the Force, and I'll be right here watching the fireworks.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
no cloning please

i dont want anything, im just asking how people would feel about it

Cloning makes a lot more sense than having Kylo sleep with a woman we never see and is not a character. Kylo would definitely prefer cloning himself to keep the Skywalker name going than sleeping with a First Order official.

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Have you noticed yet? How disposable the woman is in this guy's fantasy? She's not deserving of love or relevance or even a name. She can just be anyone. Ben doesn't need to care about her, she just needs to lust after him and want to carry his child.

The more I think about it, the more the premise of this thread is just pissing me off.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
Kylo having a kid would likely be him wanting an heir, the mother would be pretty irrelevant.

Then he loses the kid cause Kylo certainly can't be allowed to raise a child and then the Skywalker line goes back to what it was before Anakin, a random nobody bloodline living in the middle of nowhere. Or Rey takes the kid for maximum fandom explosion.

OP
OP
Gustaf

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Have you noticed yet? How disposable the woman is in this guy's fantasy? She's not deserving of love or relevance or even a name. She can just be anyone. Ben doesn't need to care about her, she just needs to lust after him and want to carry his child.

The more I think about it, the more the premise of this thread is just pissing me off.

what fantasy? what are you talking about?

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
If there is a time skip, I would like for Rose and Finn to have already been married and have children. Finn as a father would be adorable!

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Love interest with one of the Knights? Sure. Kylo is a monarch and he probably wants an heir.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Cloning makes a lot more sense than having Kylo sleep with a woman we never see and is not a character. Kylo would definitely prefer cloning himself to keep the Skywalker name going than sleeping with a First Order official.

Why would Kylo want to keep the Skywalker name? He renegates from the Solo and Skywalker names. He just care about his Kylo Ren persona, not the Ben Solo one. Same as how he idolizes Darth Vader and not Anakin Skywalker.

OP
OP
Gustaf

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You're using a woman as a plot contrivance to have a kid and don't want her to be a character or have any impact on the story or even love Kylo. He just needs to sleep with her so the Skywalker name can weirdly continue on.

i dont want anythiiiiiiiiiiiing, stop saying i "want" that.

people are saying that falling in love and caring for someone else is out of character for Kylo Ren and that;s true.

im just giving ideas about how can it be done without breaking Kylo's character.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
Why would Kylo want to keep the Skywalker name? He renegates from the Solo and Skywalker names. He just care about his Kylo Ren persona, not the Ben Solo one. Same as how he idolizes Darth Vader and not Anakin Skywalker.

I mean in the story he would want an heir to continue the lineage of the First Order. Kylo wants to be just like Darth Vader so I'm sure he'll love having an evil apprentice to carry on his agenda. Doesn't have to actually have the Skywalker name.