• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Because they have two hours to wrap up this trilogy. Introducing a love interest, making their relationship believable enough to justify a child and then paying that off will be next to impossible considering the Knights of Ren are not characters.

Political union, the wife is from a rich/powerful family and the first order needs the money. Mom is not a fleshed out character, just a vessel for the bloodline.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
Political union, the wife is from a rich/powerful family and the first order needs the money. Mom is not a fleshed out character, just a vessel for the bloodline.

So why not just clone himself if the mom is gonna be a non-charecter? That would ensure that Kylo's heir is strong in the Force and not weakened by the mother's blood while also having Kylo not worry about the mom disapproving of their difference in parenting techniques.

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like Kylo showing up with a kid would be similar to Leia surviving space. It may make sense to the creative team, but casual audience members would be like "Wait, what?" and can't think about anything else.

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's horribly gross. Women are not just baby incubators. JJ is a terrible writer but even he isn't that horrible.

The first order is a genocidal empire that killed billions of people in a second... A marriage of convenience is like the least terrible thing they would've done.

So why not just clone himself if the mom is gonna be a non-charecter? That would ensure that Kylo's heir is strong in the Force and not weakened by the mother's blood while also having Kylo not worry about the mom disapproving of their difference in parenting techniques.

I like this one too.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
The first order is a genocidal empire that killed billions of people in a second... A marriage of convenience is like the least terrible thing they would've done.

I like this one too.

So in Episode 9 we find out that Kylo has been trying to get an apprentice and is frustrated because in his opinion all of the options aren't strong enough to carry on his legacy. So he decides to clone himself and make that his heir. If nobody else is strong enough in the Force he will use his own bloodline to keep it going.

Kylo dies in Episode 9 and Rey rescues the child clone of Kylo. The sequel trilogy is focused on this clone who Rey is training but he's hung up on the idea of being Kylo's clone. He knows how much death and destruction Kylo has brought and doesn't want to continue that path. Rey assures him that he won't end up like his original self but Kylo is haunted by nightmares of the original Kylo as he feels the evil intentions in his heart.

Is Kylo bound to end up just as evil as his original self or can he reverse the trend and end the Skywalker bloodline on a positive note? In a perfect word Disney wouldn't milk the main series but I don't feel confident about that happening.

OP
OP
Gustaf

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So in Episode 9 we find out that Kylo has been trying to get an apprentice and is frustrated because in his opinion all of the options aren't strong enough to carry on his legacy. So he decides to clone himself and make that his heir. If nobody else is strong enough in the Force he will use his own bloodline to keep it going.

Kylo dies in Episode 9 and Rey rescues the child clone of Kylo. The sequel trilogy is focused on this clone who Rey is training but he's hung up on the idea of being Kylo's clone. He knows how much death and destruction Kylo has brought and doesn't want to continue that path. Rey assures him that he won't end up like his original self but Kylo is haunted by nightmares of the original Kylo as he feels the evil intentions in his heart.

Is Kylo bound to end up just as evil as his original self or can he reverse the trend and end the Skywalker bloodline on a positive note? In a perfect word Disney wouldn't milk the main series but I don't feel confident about that happening.

that sounds good, but not clones please.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
that sounds good, but not clones please.

It's the exact same thing as if he had a mom but without having to introduce a random character to serve just as a plot device for Kylo. I've explained that Kylo wouldn't want to have a child with someone who isn't on the same power level as him. Which nobody is in his eyes.

OP
OP
Gustaf

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's the exact same thing as if he had a mom but without having to introduce a random character to serve just as a plot device for Kylo. I've explained that Kylo wouldn't want to have a child with someone who isn't on the same power level as him. Which nobody is in his eyes.

why didnt the emperor clone himself? why didnt darth vader clone himself, why didnt etc etc etc etc

people were against the Holdo hyperspace ram, what do you think will happen if you introduce cloning to star wars.

fr0st

Oct 28, 2017
tenor.gif
Cursed gif pls delete

theBmZ

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Can we please fucking stop with the skywalkers? Like really, can we move on after this?

OP
OP
Gustaf

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Can we please fucking stop with the skywalkers? Like really, can we move on after this?

i dont understand why a fan would want the skywalkers to end, i mean, im all for another characters and another stories, but there is not need to end the skywalkers.

i blame anakin for this

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't there a stupid rumour Kylo and Rey had a kid or something? Unfortunately if the Skywalker line is continuing past this trilogy, I don't see any other result if this true.

Unless... IMMACULATE CONCEPTION?

Edit: Now that I'm thinking about this, I really don't want any of this. The hell with it, kill Kylo and the skywalker bloodline. The Last Jedi said fuck it might as well continue the trend.

theBmZ

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
i dont understand why a fan would want the skywalkers to end, i mean, im all for another characters and another stories, but there is not need to end the skywalkers.

i blame anakin for this
Because there's a million stories we can tell in this universe, but for some reason, everything has to revolve around this one family.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Why would the skywalker line just "end" if Kylo dies?

Is cloning impossible? Stored genetic material impossible?

This is sci-fi, come on
Bio ethic issues, good guys wouldn't clone a Skywalker. Jedis were ok with clones but the prequel makes us question some of their moral ethic.

Unless you mean that the baddies would clone Anakin or Luke or Kylo, then yeah sure, they wouldn't give a fuck about this. But that would be lame. We just killed Kylo last film but now we just realized there's no skywalker anymore to make a new trilogy, well fuck here's a new one it's just kylo ren #2.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Bio ethic issues, good guys wouldn't clone a Skywalker. Jedis were ok with clones but the prequel makes us question some of their moral ethic.

Unless you mean that the baddies would clone Anakin or Luke or Kylo, then yeah sure, they wouldn't give a fuck about this. But that would be lame. We just killed Kylo last film but now we just realized there's no skywalker anymore to make a new trilogy, well fuck here's a new one it's just kylo ren #2.

Stored genetic material could be used as frozen eggs are now. No cloning necessary.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I don't think the Skywalker bloodline should end, but I do think that they need to focus on something besides the Skywalkers. Introduce the Katarns to the canon universe or Jaden Korr or even go back and bring Darth Revan to the big screen.

No Rosh Penin though.

Owarifin

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Kylo already force impregnated Rey during TLJ.
She was gonna force abortion,
but she chose not to.

It'll all be explained during the opening crawl.

Owarifin

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Kylo doesn't mind killing,
why would he be against raping?

Maybe some crazy First Order lady might be into him for a one nighter?
Or some slave could be used,
as they have no choice.