• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just something I've been thinking about lately.

A lot of people talk about the idea of implementing Marvel or Star Wars into the series.

Given the way worlds are structured in KH I've wondered what would be the best or most interesting way to do this.

Would Marvel all be one world or would you have a separate one for something like Spider-Man?

Similar question for Star Wars? And would it be original or current trilogy?

Basically if they were to get in how would you want it done?

Redfox088

Banned
May 31, 2018
Idk. I think the stylistic presentation of the Pixar/Animation studios lend better to worlds than a hyper realistic or stylization of MCU/Star Wars would.

J-Tier

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Southern California
Star Wars, yes.

Marvel, maybe. I just feel like the MCU would be too convoluted an add to something already pretty convoluted.

I do want a Darth Vader fight though.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Secret boss Thanos and Darth Vader.

I'm not too crazy about doing full-fledged worlds in those universes.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Man was not meant to know what horrors unleash when a lightsaber clashes with a keyblade...

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Anime boy and his Donald and Goofy friend must team up with the valiant General Grievous to defeat the Jedi scum General Kenobi and the tyrannical Republic.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Idk. I think the stylistic presentation of the Pixar/Animation studios lend better to worlds than a hyper realistic or stylization of MCU/Star Wars would.
15668cff8ed54cd0879568226185.jpg

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I imagine Star Wars would be a retelling of A New Hope, which would allow them to do Empire in the next game and Jedi following it, plus the other movies for spin-offs.

Marvel would probably be some sort of retelling of Iron Man or Black Panther. They could do the first Avengers film too if they wanted.

Assuming we're getting numbered Kingdom Hearts games plus spin-offs this works well, since you could have another DDD type game with First Avenger and The Phantom Menace, a BBS style one with Rogue One and Captain Marvel, etc. KH 4 would get ANH and Iron Man, plus Disney stuff like Frozen 2, Wreck It Ralph, Lilo and Stitch, etc.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Lightsaber Keyblade is a given

As for the art-style of the Star Wars world, I'd want it to be in-line with Rebels/Clone Wars. I think that'd work really well. I imagine Nomura would want to play around with existing characters though, and it would be fun to have Mark Hamill voice Luke after being Eraqus for so long. No idea when and where you'd set it.

As for Marvel, no MCU, just go all-out with comic references and art style (think animating the entire thing like Spider-Verse). Mechanically it would be basically be the Big Hero 6 world but expanded exponentially, with multiple visits focusing on different hero teams.

Psychonaut

Jan 11, 2018
I don't remember if they did this in previous games, but I LOVED the way hearts (digital, inanimate, disembodied) were integrated as central plot points in each world of KHIII, as it made the world choices seem purposeful and thematically appropriate. Star Wars fits this theme perfectly, if they do Revenge of the Sith and deal with the corruption of Anakin's heart.

As for Marvel, Iron Man is also a perfect fit if we're talking hearts, so I'd hope they keep the story focused there (with a dash of Spider-Man) rather than roping in all of the Avengers. It can just basically be BH6, but better.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For Marvel i'd just do Avengers 1 with the helicarrier and then the fight in New York, possibly with heroes that weren't there in the film like Spider-Man or X-Men showing up to help.

For Star Wars i'd just do the original trilogy, include Luke/Leia/Han/Chewie and do a very condensed version of A New Hope... or possibly Return of the Jedi.

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
The kind of did integrate marvel in a way.... with Big Hero Six. Even though it's the Disney adaptation of the marvel comic.

But it's super easy, just have them go to The Savage Land with the X-Men or Weirdworld with Dr. Strange. Or just have New York there with spider and the avengers.

There are a lot of options.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Secret boss Thanos and Darth Vader.

I'm not too crazy about doing full-fledged worlds in those universes.
I never thought about just how well Thanos would work as a secret boss. That bringing down the moon moment is practically already a Kingdom Hearts attack.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
yea I'm sorry. Nothing here elicits "compelling" to me. To much clashing and a stylization a la Infinity would be an abomination. Disney/Pixar is the way to go.

What about something in the style of Spider-Verse?

spiderverse-china.png

The WInnie the Pooh world in 3 already showed they're capable of stylizing Sora to fit in with a more 2D art style, and Spider-Verse itself manages to make Spider-Ham and an anime girl fit in

Nurovek

Dec 26, 2018
France
Star Wars : quite easy for the first Trilogy.

The Dark Side is obviously the Darkness, they allied with Norts
The Force is a synonym of Hearts, Sora learns it by Ben Kenobi

Final boss : Darth Vader, then a cutscene leading to the sacrifice of Ben Kenobi. Sora then pursues a Nort who spawns a Heartless Vader.

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
Marvel : set it either in New York or Wakanda and have some Avengers fight along you.

Star Wars : set it in an iconic place, like Mos Eisley and the desert around it, and meet characters from the original trilogy or the new one.

I'd love to see those franchises in KH.

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
Personally I don't want them in Kingdom Hearts, but if you have to I would say the Clone Wars TV show for Star Wars and one of the animated shows for a Marvel character or tram. I think this way the oddness of realistic characters wouldn't clash with Kingdom Hearts like it does with the Pirates of the Caribbean worlds, plus one of my favorite aspects of Kingdom Hearts is how the characters change their aesthetics to match the art style of the worlds they are in.

ImaPlayThis

Oct 26, 2017
Kingdom Hearts is pretty much already Star Wars lol, Birth By Sleep is basically a better version of the Last Jedi however to answer the question. For Star Wars I would have it follow the story of episode 7 with Sora meeting both Finn and Rey and after the world is complete there should be a portal on the Star Destroyer base that leads to an uber level secret boss fight against Darth Vader. Hell I think KH3 should have a Star Wars destroyer in space and if you approach it you get a boss fight with Vader

clay_ghost

Oct 25, 2017
KH3 tries to tackle the 3rd Pirates movie.

Can't get more convoluted than that.

I have no idea what happened in that world since i never saw the movie. What the hell was the white Crab thing, why did Sora and gang celebrated the killing of that English guy.

The easiest movie to adapt is either Avengers 1 or GOTG. There will be less Art style crash with GOTG and i want to see Howard the Duck interact with Donald. I don't see KH adapting most of the standalone movies set on Earth.

Ignis

Oct 27, 2017
Sora Dolan and Goober team up with Obi Wan to negotiate taxes, taxes being the 15th Organisation XIII member. Taxes is of course the nobody form of Tesa, Sora's mom, who as it turns out was residing in his heart all along.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Kingdom Hearts is pretty much already Star Wars lol, Birth By Sleep is basically a better version of the Last Jedi however to answer the question. For Star Wars I would have it follow the story of episode 7 with Sora meeting both Finn and Rey and after the world is complete there should be a portal on the Star Destroyer base that leads to an uber level secret boss fight against Darth Vader. Hell I think KH3 should have a Star Wars destroyer in space and if you approach it you get a boss fight with Vader
lolwut

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Seriously, Thanos could be such a fucking cool boss. Stuff like generating black holes and meteors, firing energy blasts, creating barriers, transforming the terrain, teleportation, he's got all the obligatory anime bullshit.

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
I think that for Marvel it'd be best to keep it away from Earth altogether. Have Sora visit Asgard or Knowhere or something - that allows for a more contained cast, sensible explanations for which heroes do and don't show up, and so on, while keeping the environments more spectacular to boot.

Likewise, for Star Wars I'd want to see one single location - probably Tatooine, but the Death Star or Dagobah could work too.

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
I would not have a world, or even hint at there being any Star Wars content in the game. I would, however, have an inter-world arena tournament where you can fight characters from all over the place, like the various coliseums the series has had.

And then you get the bonus match. "Vs. ????"

As you step in, you see Sora being shocked at what he sees. You see a black boot. You hear that breath. It's Darth Vader. He turns on the red lightsaber, and The Imperial March stats playing. "Vs. Darth Vader" appears on screen and it's on. The Secret Superboss is none other than the Dark Lord of the Sith himself.

Vader would be a very conservative fighter, Sora can throw all kinds of flashy stuff at him and he'll defelect it with his lightsaber or absorb it with his hand. You cannot beat Vader by attacking from range. You have to go into melee and fight him honestly. Key to Saber. And if you attack recklessly, he'll intercept the attack and hit you. You need to parry him to even get a shot in, and even then if you overcommit, he'll strike.

I feel like compared to all the spinning, flashy stuff Sora throws around, a powerful superboss that you can only fight honestly in melee would be the scariest thing of all. And, of course, if you do get his health low, he'll start taking you seriously and use both hands on his blade.

If you win, you get a keychain that turns the Keyblade into a key-shaped lightsaber, of course.

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why are people keep saying make cartoon versions? Ya'll see the Pirates of the Carribean world? It looks incredible.

Haruko

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surely in the minority but i'd rather they use more of the Parks IP than add Marvel/Star Wars to KH.

Give me a level set in Epcot for some reason.

I will accept tying it to the new GotG ride that is set in 1980s-era Epcot, if you must have Marvel

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Have an old character who knows the ways of the dark side, have him corrupt another character who will then turn to the dark side as well

maybe give a character lightsabers.

Mark Hamill will be involved as an old master who attempted to murder his student.

...wait...

SuperSonic

Oct 25, 2017
Thanos already backs into portals like he's a kingdom hearts character and there have been light sabers since the first game

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
I mean, we're getting both, and it's going to suck because KH is just a brand-deal to market Disney in japan more.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I dunno, they just appear in a Marvel and Star Wars location and everything rolls from there. It's hpw the other games did it.
Maybe there's an item they need there and that's how they go there. It writes itself.

Hayeya

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
Kingdom hearts 3: Marvel.

The whole game is about the marvel universe and each planet is a marvel world (xmen, spiderman, F4, ironman...).

ImaPlayThis

Oct 26, 2017

Maybe its because Mark Hamill voices Master Eraqus but replaying BBS just reminded me of the last jedi, Eraqus being Luke, Xehanort as Snoke, Terra as Kylo Ren, then you add in how keyblades and hearts are effectively used and spoken about in the same terms as lightsabers and the good and dark side of the force.

I should also clarify the bit of the last jedi I'm mainly focusing on is the flashback part