• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

FloatOn

Jan 24, 2018
Playing Smash Ultimate and it is doing an excellent job of reminding me of so many of the older/forgotten Nintendo games. I'm talking:

Balloon fight
Ice climbers
Duck hunt
Game and watch
Dr mario

We we're lucky to get a new kid Icarus game so I wont list that but I think we are overdue. Also worth mentioning is star tropics.

Since many of these games were pretty simple in execution I can see many of these existing as smaller download only titles.

What do you think?

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Reboot all of them into new genres

Gimme a A cinnamatic uncharted like ice climbers game about the journey of popo and Nana who are now adults, brother and sister trying to climb mount Everest when suddenly Nana falls off and popo is traumatized by the event that he struggles to keep his promise to Nana by climbing to the top of Everest

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The game is called Ice Climber, the characters are the Ice Climbers.

But they'd probably call a new game Ice Climbers because that's what everyone knows them as.

Deleted member 36622

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 21, 2017
I think Balloon Fight (and Balloon Trip) could totally work in 3D with modern graphics but you have to put some gimmick for both modes to not make it repetitive.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
Donkey Kong with the retro revival formula that caught on about 10 years ago a la Galaga Legions and Pac Man CE

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
I will continue to demand an F-Zero character action game until one is released & I can finally be disappointed by it.

On a less out-there note, I'd kind of like to see an IP stir-fry where you get a game that's part mystery/VN, part action game with an emphasis on exploring, that could involve Star Tropics, Eternal Darkness, Famicom Detective Club, Trace Memory, &/or Hotel Dusk.

I'd like to see a Mr Game and Watch game like Incredible Crisis.

Nintendo needs to give you the keys to the kingdom; I want this game to be real now.

Donkey Kong with the retro revival formula that caught on about 10 years ago a la Galaga Legions and Pac Man CE

Oh! Er, uh... They should give some of those keys to you, too.

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
I've said this before -- Mach Rider can be rebooted as a post-apocalyptic sandbox adventure game. Ride a motorcycle from one settlement to another, performing quests to try and restore civilization to the broken land. BotW already set the template.

And Balloon Fight is just Fortnite with balloons and sniper rifles.

Deleted member 3040

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For Balloon Fight, just give me more of this:

As for Ice Climbers, I imagine something similar with better controls would be fine. Another idea would be to make maybe 3D mountains you climb in a 2D plane.

Peleo

Nov 2, 2017
I would transform Murasame Mysterious Castle into a more combat oriented top-dowm 2D Zelda with Co-Op, Multiplayer Battles, Boss Rush Mode and a Randomized Survival Mode (think Cave of Ordeals).

Epilexia

Jan 27, 2018
For Balloon Fight, just give me more of this:

As for Ice Climbers, I imagine something similar with better controls would be fine. Another idea would be to make maybe 3D mountains you climb in a 2D plane.

Damn, I didn't know that the Ballon Trip mode of 'Ballon Fight' was remade for 'Nintendo Land'.

'Ballon Fight' is one of my most cherished NES games.

'Tingle's Balloon Fight' for Nintendo DS is also stellar.

I think that without Satoru Iwata, it will be very hard to see these type of love letters to the legacy of Nintendo in the future.

As an example, Nintendo hasn't cared this month in releasing in the western countries 'Joy Mech Fight' for the NES Online Service, remaining as a Japanese exclusive release.

While in Wii U and 3DS days, Nintendo did an amazing work bringing to the western countries long-time forgotten Japanese exclusives, like 'Vs. Excitebike', 'Earthbound Beginnings' or 'The Mysterious Murasame Castle'.