• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

D-Volt

Jan 31, 2018
My ex was really into playing this. I never really got the appeal of it, but that might just be because I don't much care for trivia.

Nov 27, 2017
I still played up until the end. Sad to see it go. The number of players reached some crazy numbers at its peak, but the the only people left now were the diehards. I won somewhere around $100, including 1 cent in the final game, so I was happy to go out on top. I tried to cash out the few bucks in my account on Friday night and even though I got the confirmation screen, it hasn't shown up in my PayPal account yet. Oh well. Fun while it lasted.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Wait what? How?

I want to know exactly how HQ Trivia can be sustainable. It was losing way too much money. But I'm always ready for more HQ After Dark, and good for those people who had originally lost their jobs.

Deleted member 8784

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Every day on HQ Trivia..

Question 1: What is your name?
Question 2: What is your favorite color?

*queue 5 minutes of time-wasting banter*

Question 3: What is the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Even if someone is dumb enough to throw good money after bad, it's not going to become relevant again and will slowly die off another time. Good for those folks who've maybe had their jobs saved though.

nikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Totally forgot about this game. Had a lot of fun with it during beta and after it officially launched. It was crazy watching it go from a few dozen people playing to millions. Actually won some money playing, which was nice. Met Scott once and he seemed like a good guy. Sad to see it go.

Nov 27, 2017
Maybe not completely dead?

twitter.com

Rus on Twitter

ā€œ1/ On Friday I announced that @hqtrivia was shutting down after a failed acquisition. Well it was a busy weekend, and HQ WILL LIVE ON. More belowā€

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I strongly doubt that the old hosts are coming back, and that pretty much made the shows for me. I will definitely be tuning in though to see what Zombie HQ is like.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I strongly doubt that the old hosts are coming back, and that pretty much made the shows for me. I will definitely be tuning in though to see what Zombie HQ is like.
The original host was 95% of the reason to play the game. I knew I wasn't gonna win but it was still fun just 'cus of him.

Nakazato

Oct 25, 2017
why would anyone ever invest in this garbage company. the stream on the last day should have been enough to get people to stop working with them forever
šŸ™„

Sure you know that they learned of being let go hours before hand and the last stream was the having one more after dark before leaving for good.

You know what just muting you will be better

Browser

Apr 13, 2019
I think the reason 1vs100 did not come back yet, or it wont, its the cost benefit ratio. It must have been expensive to maintain, and not a lot of return.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I played last night and won .10. They offered $1,000, and they also reported that they just donated $100k to some food organization that cooks and delivers food to the elderly and sick. They also said that while COVID-19 is going around, they will be matching whatever money they are giving away to players to that same organization.

I just kept thinking "where are they getting this money from?"

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
Man. Glad it's back Iļø guess. Iļø really enjoyed when Scott was hosting. Fed something I'll look back at fondly. Idk if I'm gonna her back to it at this point tbh