• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Shoes

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
RIP to the bird nest soup meme. And the bear video clip.

I played religiously for a long time, shame to see it go as it was always entertaining!

grang

Nov 13, 2017
Lol I just got a notification from the app that was like "We're live for a surprise game! JK, we're actually shutting down forever, bye." I honestly wasn't sure if it was legit or not, but guess so.

It was done the second Scott left anyway.

It's kind of amazing how quickly its popularity dropped

edit: FUCK I CAN'T CASH OUT MY 81¢

I never cashed out my ~70 cents from the only time I won, Office trivia night :(

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
I nearly got a writing gig for the UK version of HQ about a year ago. It certainly seemed like a bit of a trash fire internally from that point even. Glad they passed on me, in hindsight.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
This sucks. I still loved playing HQ every night. Matt and Anna were fun as hell.

The drunken Saturday night After Dark episodes they've been doing were especially hilarious.

Oct 27, 2017
Yea, it was fun for a hot minute. But it wears on you too quick. I like the concept of massive games that people take part in just like 1v100 on Xbox, sadly missed out on that. Surprised more console pubs haven't done this.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
It had sort of become tradition for my wife and I to play it every night since it came out. And yes, the drunk trivia episodes were hilarious. I'll miss it, but it wasn't the game it used to be. And I had no idea about all that behind the scenes stuff.

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
I had fun while it lasted. Kinda lost interest and then dumped it after the host left. Also the Android app never streamed at full resolution for some reason.

Hope the employees land on their feet.

Same scumbags from Vine right?

techcrunch.com

Mutiny at HQ Trivia fails to oust CEO | TechCrunch

This week’s banishment of host Scott Rogowsky was merely a symptom of the ongoing struggle to decide who will lead HQ Trivia. According to multiple

Ah yes. It was fun for a few weeks til I heard who was involved. Surprised it lasted this long.

Holy shit. How the hell did I miss all this?

mightynine

Oct 25, 2017
It's kinda crazy to think how hot HQ was for a bit there and it just fizzled away. I guess my 43 cents in winnings will remain unclaimed.

naib

Oct 25, 2017
ATX
I was happy to just ever win anything at all. then they def made it more easy.
the sponsored events were expected and I was okay with that. they had to do something..

oh well

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
I stopped playing a while back (scott was still hosting) but i had followed some of the hosts on twitter when i was playing & it seemed like it was still chugging along

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I had fun while it lasted. Kinda lost interest and then dumped it after the host left. Also the Android app never streamed at full resolution for some reason.

Hope the employees land on their feet.

Holy shit. How the hell did I miss all this?
News cycles move fast these days. I read this way back, deleted the app, and forgot all about it until I saw this thread.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI

Looks like they might do one final drunken HQ After Dark at 12:30 AM EST (a little over a half hour from now). Could/should be a damn funny messy.

For anyone who has been out of HQ lately, After Dark is fun as hell.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017

Looks like they might do one final drunken HQ After Dark at 12:30 AM EST (a little over a half hour from now). Could/should be a damn funny messy.

For anyone who has been out of HQ lately, After Dark is fun as hell.

A drunken HQ After Dark with hosts who no longer gives a fuck and losing a part time gig for them. If it's true, this is going to be legendary.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Wow, this is a really surreal broadcast. These two are shitfaced and saying everything you'd expect them to say in the final minutes, lol

fieldafar

Jan 23, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
A shame. It was good when I played it but it definitely went downhill when Scott left.
Matt and Anna were still good hosts though.
Tonight I'll have a round of birds nest soup to commemorate.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Matt has dropped the N-word like 3 times so far and the first words of the show were him off camera saying he couldn't find his blunt.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
That ending was pretty great. I haven't won in a long time but I'm going to miss playing :(

Oct 25, 2017
Wow. What kind of Valentines gift was this?!

This was a nice app to try.
I think I won only three or four times, with the highest payout being $15-20 dollars. The other victories were probably up to $2.

It was a good run.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
For those interested, Anna has a fun podcast.

podcasts.apple.com

‎Unemployed with Anna Roisman on Apple Podcasts

‎Comedy · 2022

open.spotify.com

Unemployed with Anna Roisman

Listen to Unemployed with Anna Roisman on Spotify. This is a safe space for anyone who has ever lost a job, left a job, or is sitting at their desks bored out of their mind right now! Based on the hit live digital talk show, "The Unemployed Show," where Anna and guests would wear pajamas every...

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The last episode was a crazy fun blast.

I'm probably going to get Anna Roisman to do a Cameo for a friend or something, and I hope I can see her stand-up the next time I visit NYC......but the NYC comedy scene is such that it's difficult to plan these things in advance.