• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/n...-disney-4000-mary-poppins-banker-role-1163157

In the original film, Van Dyke is recognized for playing the chimney sweeper Bert, but the actor revealed that he had to financially persuade Disney to allow him to portray the film's banker, Mr. Dawes Sr., as well. "I said, 'I'll do it for nothing.' Actually, I had to give him $4,000 dollars. I had to pay him to do the part," the actor explained of his persuasion to Disney, also explaining that Disney wouldn't give him the part of the banker despite Van Dyke asking for it.

After Miranda further pressed on whether Van Dyke ultimately paid Disney to play the banker, Van Dyke quipped, "And I'd do it again." To this day, Miranda pointed out, many viewers fail to remember that Van Dyke played two roles in the family film, for he was unrecognizable when portraying the banker versus Bert.

Wtf is up with Disney not respecting their legends.
Dick Van Dyke shouldn't have to be paying them just to have a bit part. The man is a national treasure.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I think you're misinterpreting what happened here. Van Dyke had to pay Disney for a second role in the original movie. He played two parts in that film.

ragingbegal

Oct 27, 2017
The headline is so wrong and it's going to cause a lot of confusion as people rush to post a response without reading.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it refers to Walt Disney himself, so this is about the first movie.

And considering the time period... $4000 was no small change back then.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Uh... doesn't that article say he paid to be in the original movie, not the sequel? I'm still confused why he had to pay to be in the original.

Deleted member 16365

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe what he meant was he paid $4K to fly to the set and stay in a hotel for his shoot days. I seriously doubt they took a check from an actor to be in a movie.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
I was very confused for a while. Between that and the dude with the desk inheritance on his eponymous show, DVD sure enjoys playing himself some old guys huh

Broken Joystick

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
England
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/n...-disney-4000-mary-poppins-banker-role-1163157

Wtf is up with Disney not respecting their legends.
Dick Van Dyke shouldn't have to be paying them just to have a bit part. The man is a national treasure.

Your title is wrong.
He personally paid Walt Disney the money to play a second role in the original 1964 film.

Did you even read the article you posted?

Despite having to persuade Disney to allow him to star in the original, the veteran actor was welcomed to the sequel, returning to the story disguised as Mr. Dawes Jr.

Status
Not open for further replies.