• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

John Doe

Avenger
Jan 24, 2018
The sad part is, there are plenty of people out there who think just like her but simply know better than to broadcast their racism loud and proud for the world to see.

Jul 18, 2018
These people man... they get into good positions, make acquaintances and then commit temporary career suicide due to racism. In the meantime she probably got the support of fellow racists, wouldn't surprise me if she becomes a social media manager for a racist company

Anubis

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also shouldn't the police look into this as she threatened someone with the Treyvon comment.

This is white privilege folks.

Oct 27, 2017
Beyond the sheer audacity of her racism, i just don't understand why anyone would ever be so brazen to write such things and act like someone can't/won't find it.

Imagine the insane amount of privilege one must have to feel like they can go this nuclear and still make moves in the world like it's all good.

Abu

Oct 25, 2017
😏
brehs peep the gram screens and check the time between each post. she went deep in clocking at an hour spewing dog shit. god damn! what's got her so mad

and who's the dumb duck that hired her? At fucking huffington post of all places 😂😂

Aug 1, 2018
These people man... they get into good positions, make acquaintances and then commit temporary career suicide due to racism. In the meantime she probably got the support of fellow racists, wouldn't surprise me if she becomes a social media manager for a racist company

Fox News recruiter is probably already in contact with her

kai3345

Oct 25, 2017
lol damn it just gets worse and worse the more you scroll down

all that one one post? damn

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017
Oh...

She racist racist.

Judging by her social media "skills", get at the people that referred her too.

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
She wasted her time after that first post, because all that time she wasted writing racist ass shit could have been used to applying for a job.... CAUSE THAT RACIST BITCH GON NEED ONE NOW, goooood fucking luck with that

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly surprised she was that blatant with her actual instagram account. God damn, when you're so racist it burns you up inside to see black people minding their business.

Oct 31, 2017
Notice a little declaration of "I'm going to support other black people even in a small way" set of the most vitriolic racist shit

Oct 25, 2017
Further evidence about how social media managers is a new job and practically has no real qualifications attached. Certainly this woman had no common sense.
Also shouldn't the police look into this as she threatened someone with the Treyvon comment.

This is white privilege folks.

There's nothing actionable in that comment. Threats need to be more specific and targeted.

Anubis

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Further evidence about how social media managers is a new job and practically has no real qualifications attached. Certainly this woman had no common sense.

There's nothing actionable in that comment. Threats need to be more specific and targeted.
She told that person to come by and she'll see who gets treyvon'd. Given the context and everything, isn't that not a threat?

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
I just do not understand. She thought she could do this while working at the HuffPo and not get found out and fired? A social media editor. What the fuck.

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
She went for that high volume racist racist punching, like a preppy Díaz brother.

Lundren

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure why people seem so surprised. Nothing she said was new or unique to this story. This shit happens all the time. I guess the fact that she had all her information right in her bio and used her real picture is rare, but people do this shit all the time.

The guy who got almost 50k from Patton Oswalt plugging his GoFundMe is still going on twitter being bigoted and even has a wall as his profile picture. That's after being interviewed by NPR and getting messages from liberals about how love is stronger than hate.

Ogami Itto

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In a perfect world she should never be hired after this, but we live in AmeriKKKa. She is like a professional racist, lol.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I guess they could safely move her to the department that tries to stop racist bot posts and she'd fit right in with their level of diligence and empathy.

OR - bear with me - she can guest on Maher and he can rehabilitate her by scolding the audience for "taking her posts out of context"

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure why people seem so surprised. Nothing she said was new or unique to this story. This shit happens all the time. I guess the fact that she had all her information right in her bio and used her real picture is rare, but people do this shit all the time.

The guy who got almost 50k from Patton Oswalt plugging his GoFundMe is still going on twitter being bigoted and even has a wall as his profile picture. That's after being interviewed by NPR and getting messages from liberals about how love is stronger than hate.
In my mind, I know fully well that this happens all the time, all over the place, but I'm certainly not used to actually seeing that level of racism with zero dog whistles whatsoever.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
Yeesh. Full on racist trolling, antagonizing someone for literally no reason. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes I guess.

I have to imagine that her publicly-available social media history wasn't full of this crap prior to her getting hired. Maybe she set some accounts private. But also hard to imagine anyone going this hard with the full-on racism wouldn't have some telling comments/posts (which would raise some flags if they were public at the time).

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
Person in charge of vetting her, and whoever signed off on hiring her, should get fired too.

Oct 25, 2017
She told that person to come by and she'll see who gets treyvon'd. Given the context and everything, isn't that not a threat?

It's a threat and she's a racist jerk, but the threshold for a credible threat that lands you in trouble is pretty high in most cases (hence why people wishing so-and-so would die on Twitter aren't getting hauled away.) I'd say the bigger argument against her would be harassment charges if anything, but that's an area where current law and the reality of applying it hasn't caught up to the internet age.

Yeesh. Full on racist trolling, antagonizing someone for literally no reason. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes I guess.

I have to imagine that her publicly-available social media history wasn't full of this crap prior to her getting hired. Maybe she set some accounts private. But also hard to imagine anyone going this hard with the full-on racism wouldn't have some telling comments/posts (which would raise some flags if they were public at the time).

Is there an easy way to sort Instagram activity? If I were checking someone's Twitter profile I'd understand how to check stuff beyond their own posts but I'm unfamiliar with how easy it is to use Instagram's tools for that purpose.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Using a now-deleted Instagram account, Ashley Rose, who was hired earlier this month, targeted a number of people with the sort of racist invective you'd expect to find in the darkest 4chan threads.
She was hired AFTER the media industry laid off like 1000 reporters during the last week of January? There's a vetted pool of experienced people looking for work.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing subtle or hidden about her shittiness. Whoever hired her/did a background check sure fucked up.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Going to be hard to pull a "I was just mad. That's not who I really am!" after going in that hard lol.