• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

chubigans

Vertigo Gaming Inc.
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

Congrats to Vince! This sounds awesome.

Edit: more Battlefield news:

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Huh, did not see that coming. Tough it also sounds like he's remaining at respawn?

Neverx

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Sep 17, 2020
Florida
Hopefully respawn is still in good hands, very disappointed with the management of the past battefield/front games since BF1.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Awesome news 👏✨

Time for Santa to get a brand new mech.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
He wouldn't leave Respawn in shambles, it's in good hands

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
Sounds like great news for Battlefield. I wish he could have remained free to work on something new but I guess you gotta make sure your existing franchises are up and running first

nath999

May 7, 2018
CoD re-inventer finally takes over Battlefield.

Isn't Zampella still head of Respawn and overseeing Star Wars and Apex?

Personally I love it, I could never get into Battlefield but always love every game Zampella has put out.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Next they are returning to Medal of Honor and we have come full circle.

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so glad that they are planning to support 2042 for the foreseeable future.

the base is great, they just need to iron out a lot of things.

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
Medal of Honor
Call of Duty OG
Modern Warfare
Titanfall
Apex Legends

now Battlefield

thanos-last-stone.gif

Has anyone been more involved with the FPS genre in history than Zampella?

Oct 27, 2017
About fucking time. Someone needed to get in there and figure out what's going on.

No disrespect meant to DICE staff, but 2042 looks like the culmination of years of wandering and aimless direction on Battlefield identity. I loved V but the fact that it took over a year for that to start to happen was unacceptable, and 2042 launching like it had is beyond unacceptable.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
Damn. We won't see the fruit of this change for a few years, but Battlefield really needs it.

Torian

Aug 16, 2019
I'm cautiously optimistic - things can only improve from where we are at right now.

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
Really nice to see EA re-commit to 2042 and the series as a whole. There's an incredible game under some fixable jankiness and I'm excited to see what they do.

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
Oh wow.. BF2042 did a BIG ass number to shake up plans like that... Ripple Effect was meant to be off the Battlefield IP too after Portal. Wonder what this means for BF 2023.. holy shit. I have faith in Vince causes dudes been able to turn everything he touches into gold.

DarkManX

Dec 20, 2017
As far as this don't stop a possible Titanfall 3 of happening, then i'm ok with the move. 😛

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome news. I've been intrigued by the idea of a Respawn Battlefield for a while now. Next best thing.