• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who do you think is your best chance of hiding from and surviving?

• Superman

Votes: 33 3.9%
  • Hulk

Votes: 695 83.0%
  • Neither. I'd not last even 10 seconds.

Votes: 109 13.0%

• Total voters
OP
OP
Chrome Hyena

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
The one who can't see through walls.
Hulk doesn't need to see through walls when he can just do this:

giphy.gif

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, this is a dumb question. Hulk doesn't have x-ray vision or Super hearing. Or Superspeed. I'm probably dead both ways, but with one at least the angry god can't see me/hear me/stretch time out longer than a Hulk could with Superspeed. Supes could literally just get airborne in the area, find my dumb as and hit me with eye lasers.

From a power level rating Hulk and Supes are close enough to call it a wash even if Hulk is slightly stronger and more resilient to damage. I aint a threat to either so they may as well be equal.

Plus, even in the event that I did make it to 29.9 seconds alive Supes could just laser blast a large swath of area in hopes of maybe hitting me with some spray and pray.

Last edited:

SupremeWu

Banned
Dec 19, 2017
I'd compare Hulk to a natural disaster, like an earthquake or tornadoes, it'll ravage a city or region real good but it's not extinction level usually. Superman losing it is an extinction-level global threat
Wolverine also has enhanced sense of smell.

when wonder woman tried that, Maxwell Lord made superman think she was Doomsday who had just killed Lois Lane. he almost killed her.

Wolverines smell is better than Daredevils -- the guy whose only power is super-senses. They were tracking a killer together once and Wolverine tracked him before Daredevil even noticed. Logans senses are his most under-rated power -- he can fight in total darkness, find you a mile away, etc.

The only reason he wouldn't rank here is that he's not busting down buildings like Hulk or spotting you from space like Superman. If it was a 24-hour hunt situation, Logan would be one of the last folks you'd want to deal with

E - I couldn't find the hunting panels but I found this

tPBIiGb.png

I did like the X-men movies paid some tribute, like him sniffing out Mystique in the 1st one, hearing the helicopters coming to the mansion etc

Last edited:

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
or you can just yell Martha at him, considering its the BVS version.
I'd scream Martha at Superman and see if that helps me.
You could totally try that and maybe it'd momentarily confuse Superman, but in BvS it's not Superman that works on, it's Batman. (It is of course totally understandable to forget BvS, especially that part).

What works on angry Superman in Justice League (when the entire rest of the superheroes in that movie are struggling to survive) is the arrival of Lois Lane, so anyone who can arrange that would surely be better off picking Superman. Shouting "Martha" though, is probably only going to give away your position in the unlikely event that Superman didn't already know where you were.

Oct 31, 2017
Where would any of you hide in 30 seconds?

Superman will find you right at 30 second mark. Hulk will crush whatever or wherever you are hiding.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Superman wants me because he thinks I killed Lois, Hulk wants me because he thinks I'm an asshole.

Superman has super enhanced senses, super speed, X-Ray vision, and thinks I killed his wife. Hulk thinks I'm a jerk.

I'm hiding from the Hulk. It'd literally be easier to talk down the Hulk in the scenario. And it'd be harder for him to find me assuming he's not going to molt and transform into another version of Hulk with the sixth sense or some shit.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hiding? From Hulk

Surviving? From Superman, you could still argue with him for 30 seconds, like, pull a Lex Luthor or something :v

Tapiozona

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
No offense but this is about the dumbest matchup you could have possibly provided.

One can see though walls, is just as strong as the other but can also fly, and move at the speed of light. He could literally search every possible place you could be in less than .01 seconds and not use his xray vision. Oh, he also has laser beams that can cut through anything and can freeze the entire area so he wouldnt even need to move to kill you.

May as well of pitted Dare Devil against Supes its so lop sided in this situation.

I mean if he picks a random direction and starts Hulking his way through the walls, he's got like a 25% of chance of getting you.

The point is Superman always has a 100% chance of finding you.
That's not how math works..25%?? Maybe if he's about 1,000 feet thick.

Fevaweva

Oct 30, 2017
I'd rather die at the hands of Superman then at the hands of Hulk. It would be over in an instant with laser vision or whatever. I don't want to feel my bones being crunched into dust by Hulk.

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
No offense but this is about the dumbest matchup you could have possibly provided.

One can see though walls, is just as strong as the other but can also fly, and move at the speed of light. He could literally search every possible place you could be in less than .01 seconds and not use his xray vision. Oh, he also has laser beams that can cut through anything and can freeze the entire area so he wouldnt even need to move to kill you.
He can find you multiple ways- hear your heartbeat, your footsteps, your breathing, your eyelids blinking, your blood circulating. That's just one sense. He could smell you. He could probably taste you on the air. He has ifrared vision for god sakes.

Does the Hulk have super-senses of any kind?

Oct 27, 2017
Easily Hulk. Superman has super senses and is intelligent enough to figure out where you are. With Hulk...I guess I'd hide in a sewer or a basement or something? I dunno

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
He can find you multiple ways- hear your heartbeat, your footsteps, your breathing, your eyelids blinking, your blood circulating. That's just one sense. He could smell you. He could probably taste you on the air. He has ifrared vision for god sakes.

Does the Hulk have super-senses of any kind?
Most hulk can sense gamma radiation
Current hulk who is Devil/Immortal Hulk has some weird sixth sense but that just seems to tell him when there's trouble Bruce should deal with but i think it's just gamma sense

Really i don't he does

sph3re

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Hulk doesn't need to see through walls when he can just do this:

giphy.gif
MCU Hulk, pre-Endgame, is very primal. Provided you have a "few second head start," you could just hide out of sight of him, maybe somewhere above him, and wait him out. He's not a very intelligent character in the movies.

Superman is not a genius, but he is smarter than the average human. Much smarter than MCU Hulk. He's also faster; DCCU Superman is fast enough to catch The Flash try to sneak up on him.

JauntyGreedyCoelacanth-max-1mb.gif

I mean, I don't think it's a contest.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
I'd rather die at the hands of Superman then at the hands of Hulk. It would be over in an instant with laser vision or whatever. I don't want to feel my bones being crunched into dust by Hulk.
How quickly Superman could kill you is entirely his choice. It's not out of the question that an angry Superman might drag things out. The version of Superman we're talking about here is the one from BvS/Justice League, and in Justice League, when Lois Lane arrives to stop him crushing the rest of the League, he's floating calmly in the air, holding Batman in a vice grip by the bottom of his face (not his throat, literally just the lower 20% or so of his head). He's exerting slow pressure and Batman is struggling even to speak. When Lois arrives, Superman "stops" this not by putting Batman down, but by casually tossing him away like a rag-doll.

So instant death is really not a guarantee with (this version of) angry Superman.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
That's not how math works..25%?? Maybe if he's about 1,000 feet thick.

Walls (usually, thought admittedly not always) come in sets of four. If the Hulk goes Hulking off through a wall and you're not behind that wall, odds are he's going to keep on keeping on in whatever direction he's chosen, as you probably noticed from those videos of him running through like 10-20 walls in a row before he thinks to change directions.

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt and assuming if he manages to choose the right cardinal direction he can handle the rest.

Ultratech

Oct 25, 2017
Assuming both are completely pissed, you're boned either way.

Superman can just instantly end you and detect you with X-Ray vision, super senses, etc. There's not much in the way of hiding from him.

As for Hulk...well, as mentioned, he doesn't even have to find or see you to kill you. He could just collapse a building on you or cause the earth to open up and swallow you among other things.
(Your chances are better with Hulk, but it's matter of just HOW pissed he is and if he can be distracted.)

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Hulk doesn't really kill people though. I think he's only canonically killed like 1 person in his history.
This is probably a retcon but yeah canon wise until the recent run (though that's a different hulk from classic so technically classic hulk never killed and so do most hulks currently in Banner i don't think they ever killed anyone) hulk has never killed anyone

Fake edit: he killed 2 people depending on which hulks iirc

Also i guess he killed some monsters like Xenmu if they count

It's ridiculous but the idea was a combination of hulk sometimes being a big kid that's not really malicious just likes throwing tantrums, heroic so they don't kill that applies to even some bad hulks Devil Hulk is the only that killed but every other time he pretty much just punishes people by leaving them broken and goes out his way to not kill them but make them suffer.

Also the canon explanation whicg is ridiculous and exists so hulk isn't a monster is that Banner basically subconsciously held back the hulks to stop them from killing

Except Devil hulk who doesn't even kill except one time but he can't control him

Deleted member 25606

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
What Hulk are we talking about? Grey? Joe? Devil? Another one? They are all the same, yet very different. Even me, a person who really dislikes Marvel comics, knows this.

Anyway, I'd pick the Hulk, obviously.
Except Joe is the grey hulk, and Devil Hulk is more of an Easter egg until Immortal Hulk so the book is still out on him, though I agree with Sampson when after Devil gives his long ass destroy the human world speech he just replies "so your the green Hulk" Only difference really is Banner has given Devil the go ahead and decided to work within the system instead of fighting it so the Hulk killing is on the table, even though it used to not be, due to banner's subconscious control I guess is the going theory in Immortal.

Last edited:

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I would just say Bruce Banner is sleeping with Lois, he is the hulk btw and chill as raging Superman and Hulk fight it out.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Except Joe is the grey hulk, and Devil Hulk is more of an Easter egg until Immortal Hulk so the book is still out on him, though I agree with Sampson when after Devil gives his long ass destroy the human world speech he just replies "so your the green Hulk. Only difference really is Banner has given Devil the go ahead and decided to work within the system instead of fighting it so the Hulk killing is on the table, even though it used to not be, due to banner's subconscious control I guess is the going theory in Immortal.
I don't think he ever had control over Devil, Devil killed before Bruce decided to work with him

Devil also seems to prefer more poetic or karmic punishment than actual killing even his destroy the world plans is more smashing corrupt systems and companies than any killing.

Deleted member 25606

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I don't think he ever had control over Devil, Devil killed before Bruce decided to work with him

Devil also seems to prefer more poetic or karmic punishment than actual killing even his destroy the world plans is more smashing corrupt systems and companies than any killing.
No I don't think he had control, just that with him in tandem it's not even a question, any Hulk is more dangerous now.

as for Devil, I think that was Sampson's point, his end goals haven't really changed, it's just instead of being a childlike being looking for peace, he is a cold, calculated, highly intelligent with a streak of cruelty being that actually could accomplish his goals ( An end to human fuckery and to be left in peace).

Oct 25, 2017
If you pissed off Supes to the tune that he wants you dead...to borrow a quote "Omae wa mou shindeiru."

With MCU Hulk, you may have a chance.

Other versions of the hulk? Your survival may vary. Joe Fixit, you're dead. The more rage-y Hulks, you may be able to get out of the way.

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
Superman will find you, however, if he's only after you, he's only going to get you, and no one else will be hurt.

Hulk won't necessarily find you, but there's going to be a lit of destruction in that time limit.

Oct 27, 2017
What's our starting position, OP? Are we taking off in our current locations? Regardless, I'm still picking Hulk. Superman has x-ray vision, is ludicrously fast, and can fly for a higher vantage point.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Unless my few seconds hard start is allow me to summon Kryptonite into my hand to defend myself. Hulk because Superman is OP as balls.

Oct 26, 2017
It's been years since I've touched a hulk comic. Decades. I'm using the MCU version. Not the Endgame version either. I'm thinking of Hulk from Ragnarok, who let's be honest, wasn't really the sharpest tool in the shed.

It doesn't matter if he's not "smart." Hulk is still 100x faster than you, and if he has you as a target, then the only thing on his mind is "kill."

You basically have a heat-seeker on steroids.

Dragonyeuw

Nov 4, 2017
Both are likely to find you within 30 seconds if you're anywhere in the radius. Supes because of his extra-sensory powers and Hulk will just fuck up so much shit that you'll probably end up dead from the carnage anyway. Question is which one can be more easily talked down I suppose. If Supes is convinced you killed Lois, good luck with that one. You can wish upon a star that Hulk spares you because you're a puny human and no threat.

Zellia

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Both could kill me with a sneeze (and that'd be overkill), so it comes down to which one can find me. Unless I have a lead-lined room handy, Supes flies into the sky and finds me with X-ray vision. Or he just tracks my heartbeat/breathing with his super-hearing.

So yeah, in this situation, I'm probably dead either way but Hulk clearly gives me the better odds.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Hulk. He doesn't have the brains and hes not exactly a hunter like wolverine

He also cant fly or move and supersonic speed or have xray vision

Id still die but atleast id have some fighting chance

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
"Do you pick the one that is a big strong dummy or the one that can see through literally everything and has super speed + super strength ?"

Wow it's a really tough one, I'm gonna think hard about it and get back to you.

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
The 16 people that preferred being hunted by the thing that can see through stuff, hear cries for help across miles, fly, shoot laser beams at you and move super fast, just want to get his autograph before he ices them. That's the only reason to pick Superman.