• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wonky Mump

Oct 30, 2017
I used to have Hulu years ago via VPN. Anyone able to comment on if it still works or issues with any specific VPN providers? I'd jump on the deal if it seemed to be reliable enough as I know most services are a bit stricter at tracking now.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Worked for me, I did regular no deal ad free for the other year and this worked fine. With ads I mean. I'm tight on funds so this is good to round out some odds and ends

Dega

Oct 25, 2017
I was able to get it and my account isn't new. 🤷‍♂️

gar3

Oct 25, 2017
New Cumberland, PA USA
Thank you!
Every year I switch back and forth between mine and my wife's account. This year it is my account that is back on. Nice!
Not as nice as two years ago when it was $1 a month and I got $10 back from eBates (Rakuten) but, hey, what can ya do?

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Awesome! I can finally watch all of Futurama again! Thank you OP! Now to see how many ads play lol.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
I have free Hulu through my Fios account. It's supposed to be the ad-supported version but through my Google TV it doesn't play any ads. Any idea why? Not complaining though...

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah how does this work for existing accounts? If I'm signed in, the deal doesn't show. I sign out, it shows, I try to access it, it tells me I already have an account. Wa happen? ):

Jazar

Oct 25, 2017
South Florida
This frikken deal low key frustrates me. I've been taking advantage of it for two years now (first time it was only $1 a month) but I hate that there's no way to get a deal on the add-free version. I've wasted too much time on commercials. Maybe this year there'll be a way.

Tom Nook

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
$24/year with ads is worth it.

During ad breaks, I would workout, read something, go the bathroom, etc.

Oct 25, 2017
Ad support aside, this is still a good deal.
I'm running out of email accounts to use, though, and I don't feel like making a fresh one just for this.

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
Got this and watched the Kristen Stewart romcom. It was cute!

It only made me watch one 15 second ad at the start of the film, fwiw.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, how are you guys adding this to your active accounts? I don't see the option.

Oct 26, 2017
Can you just cancel and then reup with the $2 plan? Does that work? I'm on the $6 plan myself. Literally only started and was just billed for this month >:l

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
rBV.gif

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
They emailed me on a lapsed account, but when I log in and click the BF banner it only offers me the regular sub fee.

Not that I mind making a new account, but I thought the email meant it was being offered for my old account.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I tried to sign up but when i put in my CC it switched to the regular deal. Same one that is still on my active but canceled Hulu account. So i just created a virtual card and that got it

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Ad support aside, this is still a good deal.
I'm running out of email accounts to use, though, and I don't feel like making a fresh one just for this.
I re-subbed again with this package because I am stupid.

Ads were the worst in this app, with several commercials in a 30-minute show episode. And last time I tried it, video quality was awful. $2/month is 0 risk, but their ad-tier is just a terrible experience. If the programming is good enough, I'll be sure to upgrade along the way to a more self-respecting package. lol

Also, I didn't need to make a new email account. Not sure why anyone did? As long as you've been away from the service for a few months, you were eligible for this offer.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Bumping to remind people to cancel that Hulu subscription if you were just in it for the deal.

Funkybee

Feb 20, 2019
I mainly got hulu for the anime content without knowing that their content is in english dub only which is a no go for me.