• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Funky Papa

Oct 28, 2017
This is where Nextwave should have dropped.
WHERE'S NEXTWAVE, YOU FUCKOS.
It's like they don't even give a shit.

Edit: Although admittedly, this scene didn't age well at all

GkRa6oV.jpg

Poor Elsa.

Oct 30, 2017
Hulu has been on fire lately. Expanded their sub base to more than 26 million and keep adding services and content. Competition is good.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Ohh I didn't realize Hulu was part of Fox. Thank you

Disney already had a stake in Hulu without Fox. Buying Fox now makes them a majority holder. Moving forward it's going to be younger audience is Disney+ and older audience is Hulu. Although certainly some content on Disney+ will attract an older audience too.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Jessica Jones and Punisher haven't been cancelled yet.

That will happen after they wrap their in-progress seasons.

Im aware of those, but they arent "new" shows. They've been announced and in production before the axe started falling on the Marvel/Netflix arrangement and will absolutely be cancelled quickly after release no matter how popular they are.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
a Dazzler cartoon is the first X-Men animated series in 10 years.

You all deserve this.

Funky Papa

Oct 28, 2017
People are focusing too much on Dazzler and way too little on the mindbending trip that could be a proper Tigra show.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
I pray the showrunners and writers do a better job than the ones in charge of the Netflix content

But this does all sound fascinating

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
???

Unless I'm mistaken the ones currently on there aren't leaving Netflix, which is why it's obnoxious.

Previously filmed episodes will remain on Netflix and can't be pulled but those shows are all effectively cancelled. There will never be any new content for JJ/Punisher/IF/Luke Cage/Daredevil after the upcoming episodes drop.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
???

Unless I'm mistaken the ones currently on there aren't leaving Netflix, which is why it's obnoxious.
Since those are all ending, at some point it really doesn't matter that they're exclusive to Netflix unless you like to rewatch them all the time. At some point you just won't watch them and that will be one service you don't need to worry about for Marvel content.

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm excited, but wouldn't these be great to put on Disney+??? Content is king right.

Cool for MODOK. I knew he would be getting some exposure due to Marvel Vs Capcom. MvC roster usually takes into account characters that will have relevance. She-Hulk has to be next!

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
Do people actually like the Avengers animated show on Disney? I think it's really, really bad.

Hopefully these are more adult oriented, but I have my doubts. At least the last Avengers show was good but they cancelled it for the current one.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I'm excited, but wouldn't these be great to put on Disney+??? Content is king right.

Cool for MODOK. I knew he would be getting some exposure due to Marvel Vs Capcom. MvC roster usually takes into account characters that will have relevance. She-Hulk has to be next!

Disney+ wont have adult content on it. The article says they are adult animated shows.

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Will wait and see what it actually looks like. Marvel animation shows aren't exactly that great. But on paper I'm interested

Lashes.541

Dec 18, 2017
Roseburg Oregon

They can't be on Disney+ they are "adult" comedy's. Disney plus is going to be pg13 and under.

Funky Papa

Oct 28, 2017
I'm going to need a proper definition for what Disney means with "adult", though, because some of those properties are ripe for some real fuckery.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
Disney already had a stake in Hulu without Fox. Buying Fox now makes them a majority holder. Moving forward it's going to be younger audience is Disney+ and older audience is Hulu. Although certainly some content on Disney+ will attract an older audience too.
If Hulu will be more adult oriented maybe they can continue their Netflix IPs there

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wow didn't realize these were R rated adult content! Even more interest. A lot of the R-rated Marvel content has been a hit for me, Legion, Wolverine, Deadpool etc.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
I'm of all this streaming war shit, I already have Netflix, Amazon Prime, Cable, HBO, and Crunchy Roll, I can't afford any more

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why is this on Hulu and not Disney+?

I'm not even sure if Hulu is available in the UK, so I'll be watching these "online"

EDIT: Unless they are all 15+ rated

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Marvel will never do Nextwave because that will be the moment that comic book productions have peaked./s

(I would love more Nextwave.)

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Whaaaaat

Hulu getting r-rated marvel cartoons sounds awesome. I'm guessing if they want to make more adult oriented marvel shows, they'd be on Hulu.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
Don't trust Marvel animation in any way. Unless this is coming from Hulu, then I'll give it a chance.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Glad that Marvel is putting more effort into animation, one of the only places where DC wipes the floor with them (Besides Spider-Verse, but that was Sony)
And maybe they're not making a Nextwave show because they're planning a live-action MCU movie instead? A young Monica Rambeau is in CM. Although there are Inhumans in that group and we all know how that's going