• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

immortal-joe

Oct 25, 2017
What's funny is that it seems Netflix is going to be home to DC shows in non-US markets going forward. Titans even has the "Netflix Original" label.

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Can someone explain Modok to me. Why is he a giant head. I remember him from my childhood but I take his existence for granted.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Can someone explain Modok to me. Why is he a giant head. I remember him from my childhood but I take his existence for granted.

The "Advanced Idea Mechanics", aka AIM, did experiments on MODOK when he was human to increase his intellect. It just so happened to turn him into a giant floating head.

Also, there's a lady version:

portrait_uncanny.jpg

dangeROSS

Oct 28, 2017
MODOK finally getting his due! I am optimistic that this could be pretty awesome. And if this all helps us move ever closer to a Nextwave animated series, then I can die happy.

Deleted member 388

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People joke that they never thought Guardians would get a movie and that it would be successful, but did anyone ever think MODOK would get his own show? This is amazing.

Aftermath

Oct 27, 2017
Oh so they do these Adult Animated shows, yet not one of them is the Donald Glover Deadpool show that got canned.

Boo I say, Boo

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like they could be interesting. I hope each show has a different art/animation style.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hit-Monkey is the worst thing Marvel has published.
The others are ok to great.

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
This is not a story I trust Marvel Animation to tell

Its marvel animation.... I mean they had it good with spectacular spiderman and The Old Avengers Cartoon but killed them both for worse versions. And the Hulk show my Nephew still grills me over because that was his birthday gift from me to him a few years back.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
From the people that brought you The Inhumans!

I'm not sure I trust Jeph Loeb and his team to bring you a slate of animation that's clearly aimed at the Rick & Morty crowd but they might yet surprise us.

If Howard The Duck is anything like the old Duckman animated series I'll give it a shot.

Oct 25, 2017
I quickly looked at the title and saw Marvel and 4 and got really excited

I than proceeded to read carefully what it really said

And now I'm disappointed

Next time I'll do a better job of reading ERA.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Time to hit the worry button: Creative team behind "Tigra & Dazzler" fired 15-weeks into 20-week production.

Tigra & Dazzler Show showrunner Erica Rivinoja (Girls Trip, The Addams Family) and the comedy's entire writing staff have been let go from the series following creative differences with Marvel. Sources say Rivinoja and her team had completed multiple scripts and outlines for others and were 15 weeks into a planned 20-week production cycle.

Production on the show has been paused as sources note Marvel plans to hire a new showrunner and have them build their own writing team as part of a larger creative overhaul. All of the work Rivinoja and her staff had completed is being thrown out. Sources say Hulu and Marvel — who both declined comment — remain committed to making Tigra & Dazzler.
NOTE: "Sources note that the creative changes coming to Tigra had little to nothing to do with Marvel's executive restructuring. "

Con_Smith

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is it really a partnership with the amount of control Disney has over the platform?

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
You don't just can an entire writing team and showrunner that far into production for "creative differences". There was some sort of real rift between the creative team and Marvel. 15 of 20 weeks in means there were multiple finished scripts ready to go.

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah every Marvel TV production pre-Feige is on thin-ice now. Hellstorm is going to be one season dumped with little fanfare and none of these are getting off the ground.