• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Looking beyond Update 1.2, Hunt: Showdown will see even bigger updates arriving, including cross-play between Xbox and PlayStation, a Solo PvE mode, live-events, outfit customization, and a new map.

Cool that the console versions are getting crossplay.

The Solo PvE mode, Live-events, outfits and so on all sound pretty good.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Nice . I've waited for this. Also crossplay between consoles is really nice. This game is pretty awesome and I really hope they will support it for a long time.

Majik13

Oct 27, 2017
oh sweet crossplay. My buddy and I have been waiting for this game forever on ps4, but he recently switched to PC end of last year, and crossplay on Modern Warfae has been great. Good to hear it will be here as well.

edit: oh damn after reading the tidbits in the OP, no pc crossplay?

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh yes! Love watching my brother and friend play this.

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017
How was this game recieved? Looks interesting.
Most streamers seem to like it when they play it. It seems very intense. I think as long as this runs okay on the console it's going to be well received. There's not anything else like it on PS4 right now. And I think there's an audience. It can attract the BR, FPS, Dead by Daylight, etc crowds. It offers a little blend of all of that. Siege players might like the game's pace; it's similar how there are stretches of positioning / planning time that erupt into intense, fast firefights. Plus it looks cool -- great aesthetic.

Desfrog

Oct 29, 2017
Interested to see what this port looks like, thought a next gen launch was more likely.

Orangecoke

Jan 14, 2019
I tried it on XBox (trial) - I love the setting and atmosphere, but couldn't get comfortable with the controls and gunplay. And getting sniped from a rooftop while fighting a strong monster was really un-fun.

calibos

Dec 13, 2017
Just started getting into this game on the X and after 10 matches, I'm hooked. So much tension, lore and depth. My only complaint is that more people need to be playing it so I can get matches faster!!! Takes around 2-5 minutes to get a match at peak times in the US east. Excited to see cross play and solo PVE is coming.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
No digital preorder on PS... this game has 0 marketing. I hope the PS playerbase will be decent

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
Still not available to pre-order on the PlayStation Store. Terrible marketing, completely nonexistent. I will be buying it though, can't wait. Been watching streams trying to get an idea of what the hell to do when I finally get to play later this week.

Stacey

Banned
Feb 8, 2020
I have it on PC, genuinely the best game on the platform right now.

Gonna get it on PS4 to support the devs. Just hope playing at 30fps doesn't hinder the fun.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
My copy should arrive today. Curious if the servers are already only.

Edit:
Installing now. Update size on PS4 is ~2,1 GB.

Edit 2:
Servers are not only yet.

Edit 3:
Servers are online now.

Last edited:

pronk

Oct 26, 2017
This is up on the PS store now, but I just noticed there is a legendary edition with 'DLC' and also packs of currency. What is the DLC? The store description makes it sound like extra hunters, but I thought you 'bought' those with in-game currency.

Based on what I've seen of the game, I really hope the blood bonds currency is for cosmetics only? You can also buy hunters and weapons, which seems a bit off for a game like this, unless you then have to buy them with in-game currency?

pronk

Oct 26, 2017
If you search for Hunt Showdown on the console it shows up. Didn't appear on the web store for me.

Arkestry

Oct 26, 2017
London
This is up on the PS store now, but I just noticed there is a legendary edition with 'DLC' and also packs of currency. What is the DLC? The store description makes it sound like extra hunters, but I thought you 'bought' those with in-game currency.

Based on what I've seen of the game, I really hope the blood bonds currency is for cosmetics only? You can also buy hunters and weapons, which seems a bit off for a game like this, unless you then have to buy them with in-game currency?
Legendary Hunters are always available to buy instead of the normal ones that are randomised, but they don't come with any gear and get three random traits, so they're not really preferable apart from having cool skins.

Legendary weapons are identical to the non legendaries, and don't get unlocked until you unlock the base varient through normal play. They're purely cosmetic.

GusFacsimile

Oct 25, 2017
ÂŁ35?! I was interested in this, but as it's multiplayer only, and a gamble on whether I'd like the game play, I'm out. Shame :(

Oct 27, 2017
How much content has this game got? It looks really exciting and creative but at ÂŁ35 is a bit more expensive than I was expecting.

Joffy

Oct 30, 2017
Bit worried about 30FPS but I think I'm going to give it a shot, been keeping an eye on this one for a while. My gut tells me the player base may struggle though

Arkestry

Oct 26, 2017
London
How much content has this game got? It looks really exciting and creative but at ÂŁ35 is a bit more expensive than I was expecting.
Depends on what you consider content I guess. There are two massive maps, each with really well designed locations (about 10-15 each map I think), and then there's seven different enemy types, 3 different bosses, and a tonne of weapons and weapon variants. I've played it for 150 hours and I'm more into it now than when I started.

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't PS4 supposedly getting a new PVE mode or something? I swear I read something like that, weeks ago.

Oct 27, 2017
Depends on what you consider content I guess. There are two massive maps, each with really well designed locations (about 10-15 each map I think), and then there's seven different enemy types, 3 different bosses, and a tonne of weapons and weapon variants. I've played it for 150 hours and I'm more into it now than when I started.

Thanks for the info. I haven't really followed them game since its EA days but I just assumed it was still only the spider-boss & map. Although TBF I don't have PS+ anyway, so I couldn't buy a game like this right now.

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not seeing this on the webstore or console store. On console, there was a banner ad, but clicking it was "content unavailable" and then it disappeared lol.

Oct 27, 2017
Roma, Italia
Played the training map. Pretty glitchy visually, and controls are not that tight and require quite a bit of calibration, but the locations and atmosphere are amazing

Stacey

Banned
Feb 8, 2020
PC veteran is playing the PS4 version right now.

www.twitch.tv

Twitch

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

Looks pretty amazing to me.

Radium217

Banned
Oct 31, 2019
They really should've made this cheaper. I don't see how they arrived at that price. I may get it if it shows legs in a month or two.

Oct 27, 2017
Roma, Italia
Do you feel like you were able to sort them out? Is there weird aim acceleration or any gross stuff like that?

Haven't played enough to sort anything out yet, but to me it just felt like a pure PC game that was born and stayed on mouse+keyboard for so long that when they finally released on consoles, it had no tailored controls and has to be fully customized to your specific habits to be played smoothly and effectively.

It might be quite a good thing though: it's precisely customizable, so once you nail it down to the exact combination of control sensibility, it might just feel perfect - might as well need a lot of work to get there though... and patches.

calibos

Dec 13, 2017
Game is pretty amazing. Finally jumped in on the X a month ago and am still craving it all the time. I am really hoping with the PS4 user base, the game takes off and crossplay gets implemented. Right now, some nights, it takes up to 5 minutes to get into a match.

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017
Well the analog controls are fucking horrid. And as usual the settings are all based on an acceleration slider (why fucking god is this still a thing) and if you disable the acceleration it makes the normal aiming slow as molasses even at max setting. So no smooth aiming in this game, you're forced to find some compromise using acceleration. It's a shame too, because the aiming feels good with acceleration disabled, it's just not anywhere near fast enough. They have no idea how to do analog. And the proof, if you needed any more: this hardcore shooter has aim assist. :/

Very disappointing. You could say it's PC devs just sucking at controller dev, but then games like Killing Floor 2 exist where a PC dev implemented immaculate analog. And if done right, you don't need shitty aim assist. Assist isn't a crutch for controllers, it's a Band-Aid for bad dev. I'll keep trying to dial in something that feels adequate, but it's quite frustrating. Might have just wasted $40 on something that was so close to being good.