• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Well I found out the other day they didn't make a new anime episode in ages so I guess that means I'll have to check out the manga. I was gonna do Shonen Jump but it seems HxH is not a part of their monthly plan and I'd have to buy volumes.

Guess that's not too bad though.
Viz said they're planning to add it to the vault sometime. Also, they may do what they did last time when it came back from hiatus: make all of the current arc free to read until the new chapter drops.

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
For that to happen soon togashi has to come back

Welcome to hiatus hell :)

Usually we get 10 chapters a year with last year being a record of 20 in two separate batches in march and september
Hahaha. Well I guess it's a good thing I'm a demon then~!

That certainly is quite the wait but thankfully I have enough vidya to keep me preoccupied in the mean time.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
That one blog added some more of Togashi's old author comments. Some choice ones:

[2000]

Chapter 74 - "Talked with many respectful manga authors at Jump's New Year party. I am deeply moved by seeing Mr. Araki! He influences me so much."

Chapter 75 - "When I bowl for the first time in months, my muscle pain + score crumbles in 3 games. Kind of sad."

Chapter 77 - "Took a big bite of the ♥shape chocolate my wife gave me. 2 kg weight gained. Abdominal muscle machine time increased by 30 minutes."

Chapter 86 - "The house suddenly rained! Moreover, not from the second floor but from the staircase on the first floor!? The amount was 5 buckets!! (crying)"

Chapter 92 - "I can no longer use my PS2 to watch DVDs. I'd like to repair it, but since it is the initial type, will it be collected?"

Chapter 93 - "I started to lose weight. I will exercise to become thinner in a healthy way. For not being laughed at behind my back. To be continued."

[2001]

Chapter 103 - "When I embrace, my child starts crying. It seems that I conveyed to him the fact that there is no room in my mind."

Chapter 105 - "I decided to embrace my child until he feels satisfied, and he actually stopped crying. Am I now a professional hugger...?"

Chapter 116 - "I was misunderstood as a molester by a woman in the street at night and escaped with full power. Nobody attacks someone like you, stupid."

Chapter 128 - "I apologize for taking a break for some season for a long time. If I can concentrate on my work, it's okay to get fat."

Chapter 129 - "Once I changed my hairstyle, I got a better reputation. Because I looked like a vagrant before in every way."

Chapter 132 - "I noticed that getting up together with my child is so painful that it's better not to sleep at all. The problem is when to sleep..."

[2002]

Chapter 146 - "Read Linda Linda Rubber Sole during hospitalization. I was definitely time-slipping at that time during the drip. Maybe I should re-watch the video of Ikaten?"

Chapter 147 - "Exam results are also good. I'm almost recovered. Thank you for your concern and sorry for the troubles. I will keep on working at my best."

Chapter 157 - "Finally I had medical check-up. It seems it will take three weeks until the results come out. The hardest thing was being forced to drink some liquid. A total of 1.8 liters in 2 hours."

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Skimmed through the first couple chapters of Togashi's first serialization in Jump (Ten de Shōwaru Cupid).

The storyline of Ten de Shōwaru Cupid follows Ryuji Koinobori, a sweet and introverted 15-year-old who lives with his four stepsisters and their father, the leader of the Koinobori yakuza and promiscuous playboy by heritage, just like his own father, grandfather, and so on. Ryuji's family has a tendency to make fun of his innocent nature, causing the boy to continuously try to run away from home. After escaping one day, Ryuji witnesses a beautiful girl with a devil tail bathing in a forest pool. Embarrassed, Ryuji returns to his home only to be confronted by girl the following day. As it turns out, this devil girl named Maria was hired by Ryuji's father to live with them in order to teach his son "the pleasures of the flesh" and make him follow in the family's perverted footsteps.

Very romcom lol.

ELqbRdl.png

VbT9nHL.png

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Dl5Q3Oy.png

This confuses me lol. Cheadle in particular seems pretty left. Though I really don't understand Pariston's classification.

Oct 26, 2017
I always figured those were in reference specifically to the Hunter association, not necessarily their worldview. i.e. Cheadle is a moderate conservative when it comes to managing the association, whereas Parriston is essentially an anarchist.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Saved about $30 from an online sale. Vol. 14 was backordered, so I'm still waiting on that one. Seven volumes left to pick up.

nALi5EB.jpg

Yonafunu

Oct 26, 2017
Dl5Q3Oy.png

This confuses me lol. Cheadle in particular seems pretty left. Though I really don't understand Pariston's classification.

I always figured those were in reference specifically to the Hunter association, not necessarily their worldview. i.e. Cheadle is a moderate conservative when it comes to managing the association, whereas Parriston is essentially an anarchist.

Yup, this is refering to their positions within the Hunter Association, with regards to things like changing the Hunter exams and the Commandments.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Man, I loved 99 anime but they literally changed everything about gon's family tree for no reason, this was such a weird decision D:

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
90s dubs were so ewwww
Yo at least your dub didnt give hisoka Gambit's french accent(yeah both of them had that in br dubs)
Well he knew he could just dump Gon off on Mito, not everybody knows a Mito, then again this is Ging. Ging's an asshole, only person more of an asshole than Ging is Pariston. Pariston would've just done some Bondrewd experiments on Gon and we'd have no manga to read.
he didnt dump the kid with mito, she had to take the kid by force lol

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Mito should have never let Gon go on that journey in a way...or went with him.
He couldn't help but going, kid's as rotten as his dad

I'm watching the anime with another friend and he thinks gon and killua are going to be basically married by the end of it and I can't bring myself to tell him gon gonna ruin their whole friendship and become a selfish(and slightly emotionally abusive) jerk in two arcs

I can even imagine what ging did so gon's mom dumped him :p

Oct 25, 2017

I'm watching the anime with another friend and he thinks gon and killua are going to be basically married by the end of it and I can't bring myself to tell him gon gonna ruin their whole friendship and become a selfish(and slightly emotionally abusive) jerk in two arcs

It's Ging, not hard to really figure it out. And yeah Gon turns into such a shitty person towards the end. My two biggest fuck Gon moments are him threatening to kill Komugi and Killua having to drag his big corpse back after he kills Pitou.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
It's Ging, not hard to really figure it out. And yeah Gon turns into such a shitty person towards the end. My two biggest fuck Gon moments are him threatening to kill Komugi and Killua having to drag his big corpse back after he kills Pitou.
My big fuck you moment is that frame we see killua's heart breaking and he just goes "fuck this shit" and disappear. I could never think Killua would do that so one part of me is pretty proud of killua but the other one knows this is when gon really fucked up

Oct 25, 2017
My big fuck you moment is that frame we see killua's heart breaking and he just goes "fuck this shit" and disappear. I could never think Killua would do that so one part of me is pretty proud of killua but the other one knows this is when gon really fucked up
At least after that Killua saved Knuckle, but yeah Killua wouldn't do that crap at all, he put his all into being Gon's friend, but Gon had to throw a ton of temper tantrums at him.
How do we know Ging doesn't have a second family somewhere?

Secret sibling characters might be passe, but here it would be believable at least.
I would totally believe this happening to be honest. Gon probably has a secret sister.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Ging went to the maternity ward, grabbed his baby and was out of there with a,"Thanks! We're good now."

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For a woman it pretty much depends on how much rape violence you can stomach before Miura grows out of doing it. It begins rough, but at the same time it has some of my favorite female characters in it.

As a woman? A lot of the men get raped too including the two main characters. Berserk is brutal no matter who you are.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
For a woman it pretty much depends on how much rape violence you can stomach before Miura grows out of doing it. It begins rough, but at the same time it has some of my favorite female characters in it.
Yeah, i heard there's a lot of rape on it and not everything seems to be necessary so i'm reaaally pushing this to the bottom of my reading backlog, i've read so many amazing stuff these years i'm kinda afraid this might do nothing to me, too D:

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, i heard there's a lot of rape on it and not everything seems to be necessary so i'm reaaally pushing this to the bottom of my reading backlog, i've read so many amazing stuff these years i'm kinda afraid this might do nothing to me, too D:

There's a lot of everything. The Berserk world makes Westeros look like Candyland. In fact some of the absolute darkest most fucked up parts don't even really involve rape.