• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Ah ok. Took those giant ones from Amazon. Here are some smaller ones from Viz's site:

HLrqBCp.jpg
SKxyEfs.jpg

Yeah. I was hoping that the whole having the storyboards already done would help, but not so it seems.
I think that guy saying it was amistranslation might have been right xO and he still had to finish the storyboards, it's a pity

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
I think that guy saying it was amistranslation might have been right xO and he still had to finish the storyboards, it's a pity
It was originally translated by someone on Twitter, and they had it as the storyboards for the next ten chapters being done already. Then someone said that no, it's saying that he'll begin working on the storyboards. But then we got an official translation from Viz:

xNqyVSf.png

So unless Viz got it wrong too, it should be accurate.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
It was originally translated by someone on Twitter, and they had it as the storyboards for the next ten chapters being done already. Then someone said that no, it's saying that he'll begin working on the storyboards. But then we got an official translation from Viz:

xNqyVSf.png

So unless Viz got it wrong too, it should be accurate.
oh, back pains it is then, unfortunate =(

Ebrietas-

Mar 2, 2019
Storyboards being done dont really mean that much since togashi said before that he really enjoys drawing storyboards but he finds turning them into actual chapters to be the hardest and most tedious part of drawing manga. He storyboarded the entire 30 chapters of election arc in less than a month

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Storyboards being done dont really mean that much since togashi said before that he really enjoys drawing storyboards but he finds turning them into actual chapters to be the hardest and most tedious part of drawing manga. He storyboarded the entire 30 chapters of election arc in less than a month
Specifically two weeks, which is impressive indeed. And note that the Election arc is only 21 chapters, so it was that plus the last 9 chapters of Chimera Ant (as well as the Beyond Netero chapter to cap it off at the end).

I'd also considered that maybe he always has them done for the next 10 chapters like this, and this is just the first time he's said anything about it, but who knows.

And yeah, he's said that figuring out the story and doing the storyboards are his favorite part. Which is why I hope he eventually teams up with an artist because it makes so much sense even now.

But he just has too much pride as a mangaka, which I completely understand and can't fault him for having.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
The English dub scene of Leorio punching Ging was fucking amazing. I prefer it over the sub.

"DIE YOU ASSHOLE!" God. So good.
Haha. Just looked that up.

Also funny how the English renderings got more and more explicit:

sZXhQDC.png

6VU4dbN.png

And then the dub lol.

--

And just noticed... is Leorio giving him the finger in the manga? lol

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Goddamn right he's giving Ging the finger. Leorio is that dude.

I've read this from other mangaka before in other places, about how storyboards are the fun part and the actual drawing of the chapter is the bit that sucks.

Imagine you're writing a story and you finish it and it's great, but then you need to copy it by hand again for publication. You're essentially doing the exact same thing twice and that's not going to be fun for anyone. I imagine most mangaka would be happier if they only had to worry about doing up to the storyboards and the occasional panels they really liked.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Goddamn right he's giving Ging the finger. Leorio is that dude.

I've read this from other mangaka before in other places, about how storyboards are the fun part and the actual drawing of the chapter is the bit that sucks.

Imagine you're writing a story and you finish it and it's great, but then you need to copy it by hand again for publication. You're essentially doing the exact same thing twice and that's not going to be fun for anyone. I imagine most mangaka would be happier if they only had to worry about doing up to the storyboards and the occasional panels they really liked.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
Just finished the HxH anime. It was beautiful.

It seemed like a decent spot for to leave off of it for however long I had to... then it drops that worldbuilding bomb smh

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
Hopefully we get there... You mean they didn't get to the Dark Continent yet or....

Smh all these arcs passed and Kurapika still getting edgyfaced about all this eye shit lmao MOVE ON

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully we get there... You mean they didn't get to the Dark Continent yet or....

Smh all these arcs passed and Kurapika still getting edgyfaced about all this eye shit lmao MOVE ON
Him just simply "moving on" isn't even true to his character. He has been given the opportunity at the end of Yorknew and beyond, but he won't move on and it's destroying him. This is pretty much what he wants until somebody beats it out of him, realizes it himself or he dies.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
Him just simply "moving on" isn't even true to his character. He has been given the opportunity at the end of Yorknew and beyond, but he won't move on and it's destroying him. This is pretty much what he wants until somebody beats it out of him, realizes it himself or he dies.
Ik I'm just trolling him. Kurapika got my joke

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Hey, maybe working for someone thats not a total piece of shit will make him come around this time

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished the HxH anime. It was beautiful.

It seemed like a decent spot for to leave off of it for however long I had to... then it drops that worldbuilding bomb smh

lol it could have been worse, if they had adapted/teased the next chapter it would make it even more hard to stop at the anime.

So you converting to the manga now?

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
lol it could have been worse, if they had adapted/teased the next chapter it would make it even more hard to stop at the anime.

So you converting to the manga now?
Yeah I'm on 348. These chapters are thicc. I'm listening to that chibi dude on YouTube just so I can get an explanation of stuff that's going on lol. Do you guys know of channels that do this well?

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Yeah I'm on 348. These chapters are thicc. I'm listening to that chibi dude on YouTube just so I can get an explanation of stuff that's going on lol. Do you guys know of channels that do this well?
You can just post any questions and whatnot you have here. And I'd be wary of Chibi. He barely covered any of the most recent chapters, and can be pretty surface-level with his recap.

Also, I'd highly recommend reading the official translation (unless you're already reading it).

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
You can just post any questions and whatnot you have here. And I'd be wary of Chibi. He barely covered any of the most recent chapters, and can be pretty surface-level with his recap.

Also, I'd highly recommend reading the official translation (unless you're already reading it).

Yeah I already noticed he doesn't cover everything even from what I pick up. I'm not sure where to start with asking questions about manga stuff. Dang I had some specific things to ask about the last arc of the anime but I forgot what they are now. If something comes up I will.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I already noticed he doesn't cover everything even from what I pick up. I'm not sure where to start with asking questions about manga stuff. Dang I had some specific things to ask about the last arc of the anime but I forgot what they are now. If something comes up I will.
AoM has some good summaries of later chapters in this very thread, and there are some helpful character charts on reddit, as for the last arc of the anime i could say i reread/watched it enough times to help a bit xD

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
In the meantime can we talk about how beautiful the reunion at the end of the Chimera Ant arc was? Goddamn I did not expect them to follow up on that. When those kids die at the beginning, it definitley was a good tone setter, but in the back of my mind I almost felt it was cheap because it's like "ok well this is just an easy way to make me feel bad." But that payoff was humongous. As soon as the Ant and lobster ant showed up at the village, I knew exactly what was going on. I have never cried watching anything. I've teared up a bit before, but this was probably the most I've teared up at a show/movie. (my lip was quvering and I didn't even think it was possible for a show to make me do that smh) It was just beautiful.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
It was, but it pains me that reina still hasn't met colt yet, you gotta have some real nerve to stick to not doing that reunion cause it's a heartbreaking thing D:

T—T

woopWOOP

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Episode 135 gets a lot of deserved love, but I think the first half of 136 is just as touching.
I'm happy when random grunts like lobster man get a happy end to their role in the story.

And that mother's day fanart is cute!!

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
It was, but it pains me that reina still hasn't met colt yet, you gotta have some real nerve to stick to not doing that reunion cause it's a heartbreaking thing D:

T—T

Yeah it seems like Colt's memories aren't that strong, but I'm sure he coudl enjoy a life there if he did happen to get filled in on everything.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah it seems like Colt's memories aren't that strong, but I'm sure he coudl enjoy a life there if he did happen to get filled in on everything.
I think his memories are strong but he thought kaito was his sister, when in the end they weren't, he pribably gave up on that search and so did she :(

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Does Togashi just recycle his designs assuming nobody read his earlier works?
More probably he wanted to use them in a greater capacity.

That insect queen only appears on that one page, and that Tserriednich character is only in one chapter.

Level E (I've almost finished it) is really just Togashi having fun/experimenting with various ideas.

Oct 25, 2017
More probably he wanted to use them in a greater capacity.

That insect queen only appears on that one page, and that Tserriednich character is only in one chapter.

Level E (I've almost finished it) is really just Togashi having fun/experimenting with various ideas.
I thought HxH was just Togashi just experimenting with various ideas? I guess this is just something he likes to do.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
I thought HxH was just Togashi just experimenting with various ideas? I guess this is just something he likes to do.
Yeah, this is like super experimentation. Him literally just playing with different ideas and stories, with a few of the same characters here and there. Check it out if you haven't (only 16 chapters, though many are 30-40 pages).

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, this is like super experimentation. Him literally just playing with different ideas and stories, with a few of the same characters here and there. Check it out if you haven't (only 16 chapters, though many are 30-40 pages).
I should. I know it has an anime and the dude even cameo'd at Heaven's Arena, but I never bothered to get into it.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
If they tighten up the production and get the right people behind it I think DP should do fine. They're definitely not lacking in the art style department.
Oh yeah, i just dont want any crazy style change, i went through the ryodan OVAs to the GI OVA transition period and i still have my traumas, also OPM, as competent as dp is i like my anime looking the same from start to finish y'know?

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
I just want to see that one dude jizzing in his pants over Bisky's muscles.
Reminds me that Togashi (or I guess more likely his assistants) went through and changed Vergei's hair color in every panel he was in for the volume release. I don't know whether he just didn't like him as a blonde, or he always intended for him to have darker hair.

T8sVVvh.png

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
First season is actually pretty good:

Funimation seems to have it for free on YouTube I think. Second season not so much. I should see if it's on there, but I don't really want to currently.

I'm still recovering from OPM, but i was rewatching hxh 99 and i straight out skipped the ovas to show my friend the 2011 greed island

Cause all of the cool cell animation was gone and the digital one that replaced it was even worse with keeping character models consistent so whats the point x-x