• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
My niece told me to watch this ages ago and finally giving it a try was the best decision ever. Although why Netflix just cut off halfway through the Chimera Ant arc I'll never know. And now it's gone entirely!

My favourite arc was the entire Phantom Troupe thing. Absolutely breathtaking. Although when the Chimera Ant arc has that first push on the palace, so many things happening in slow motion, ebb and flow.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My niece told me to watch this ages ago and finally giving it a try was the best decision ever. Although why Netflix just cut off halfway through the Chimera Ant arc I'll never know. And now it's gone entirely!

My favourite arc was the entire Phantom Troupe thing. Absolutely breathtaking. Although when the Chimera Ant arc has that first push on the palace, so many things happening in slow motion, ebb and flow.

There is a dub as well that is airing weekly on Toonami and they're about to hit the Chimera Ant arc. Its also one of the better anime dubs I've heard in a while with such a large cast over so many episodes.

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
There is a dub as well that is airing weekly on Toonami and they're about to hit the Chimera Ant arc. Its also one of the better anime dubs I've heard in a while with such a large cast over so many episodes.

You know, I'm not all purist or anything but I just can't imagine it without the original VO. I must read the subsequent manga, because the animation is obviously never going to be picked up again. Unless Netflix do something amazing.

Oct 25, 2017
Did you get to finish Chimera in the end? I think this show is still on crunchy roll so you can get some closure lol

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
I dug it out in the end. What a mad arbitrary place for it all to cut out though when it did. I was like "well that wasn't the end"...

OP
OP

Euphony

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
For as much as I love the series, I still have to watch the anime. I got up to the end of the Heaven's Arena arc and just stopped there. It's just harder for me to sit down and watch anime than it is just to read some chapters before going to bed.

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
My favourite part is right after then end, when Gon & Killua walk into the auction and Binks & Feitan are just casually sitting there.

I really want to hear more from Feitan, one of my favourite characters. The entire Troupe were great fun.

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
C'mon Togashi come back, i really want to see the Dark Continent and what Brion is capable of doing.

Last edited:

woopWOOP

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm super into the conflict between princes right now too. Partly because the outcome is likely gonna be pretty crazy and that determines what the cast of the actual Dark Continent arc will be (if the story will even get them there)

This thread pop up got me to reread the last chapter again and watch random clips on youtube, lol

Daingurse

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, didn't even know we had the HxH OT on here. Thanks Euphony!

Togashi, come back you beautiful bastard. You created the GOAT shonen. I need MORE.

Also, I've been getting my mom into HxH lol. She seems to genuinely enjoy the show. My mom has never really been into cartoons or animation either. She calls all anime series "big headed people" haha.

I tried to get her into Super, but she just kept asking me why everyone was screaming so much lol. Think I'm gonna try to introduce her to FMA or Monster next. I think she'd really like the latter.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Awesome! Everyone is already there!

Euphony, can we use the rule of spoiler-tagging info from spoilers and raws before the chapter is out?
Makes for a much better experience I feel.
Also what's the rule on links to manga pages and everything?

OP
OP

Euphony

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Awesome! Everyone is already there!

Euphony, can we use the rule of spoiler-tagging info from spoilers and raws before the chapter is out?
Makes for a much better experience I feel.
Also what's the rule on links to manga pages and everything?
Yep I'm totally fine with having new chapter content being under spoiler tags until it releases. In fact that's what I would encourage!

I'm fairly certain that the rules for posting links to scanlations and raws are the same as the old forum. That is, no linking to either and if you do want to post something make sure it's only a panel or two with no identifiable watermarks.

Oct 25, 2017
Wth.... that ED makes me catch feels just listening to it. It's actually a pretty cool song tho, esp. listening to the whole thing.

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California
Hunting for your dream is fucking amazing. Never skipped it. But man, the one posted above gives me so much fucking feels. It really was the best song they could have chosen as the ending to the anime series. Just the way it ends... Fucking beautiful. Feels, man.

Deleted member 888

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've caught up with the dub and now I'm sad.

Really warmed up to HxH after a bit of a slow start. I still think I prefer FMA, but I know a crazy arc of HxH is still to come (Chimera I think it's called).

Dub is only at episode 71 :(

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've caught up with the dub and now I'm sad.

Really warmed up to HxH after a bit of a slow start. I still think I prefer FMA, but I know a crazy arc of HxH is still to come (Chimera I think it's called).

Dub is only at episode 71 :(

Yeah the dub is just getting to the halfway point and still has a few more eps before we dive into the CA arc.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm very curious with how the Dub will handle the Chimera Arc. I haven't watched the Dub version of HxH yet.

Its one of the better dubs I've seen especially considering the large cast of characters. Only a few side characters are misses and they're usually not even major side characters. Hisoka is great for example as are Gon and Killua and the rest of our protagonists.

That said yeah the CA arc is going to put everyone through their paces considering how emotional and crazy things get.

SnowGhost

Oct 27, 2017
the North
Its one of the better dubs I've seen especially considering the large cast of characters. Only a few side characters are misses and they're usually not even major side characters. Hisoka is great for example as are Gon and Killua and the rest of our protagonists.

That said yeah the CA arc is going to put everyone through their paces considering how emotional and crazy things get.

I'm glad to hear the Dub is good, will definitely check it out.

Yeah! The plot is also insane during the Chimera Ant Arc. The VA who plays the Narrator is going to be put to work.

Oct 25, 2017
Almost tempted to try and go sub, but I prefer dubs. It's just going to be like another year + till we see it all lol.
I'm glad I rushed ahead in the sub when I started watching because that's too long to wait for this show. The core cast of the dub is good, really good actually. I'm iffy on some Troupe members...mainly Feitan, but he's not bad. Though how they'll translate Pain Packer will be interesting.

Deleted member 888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad I rushed ahead in the sub when I started watching because that's too long to wait for this show. The core cast of the dub is good, really good actually. I'm iffy on some Troupe members...mainly Feitan, but he's not bad. Though how they'll translate Pain Packer will be interesting.

I'm one of those heathens who watch all anime in dubs lol. In saying that I haven't seen that much anime, just some of the most well-known/critically acclaimed.

Considering how late I came to the party, I was spoiled with things like FMA, Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell, Steins Gate and others all being completed/fully dubbed. I recently finished Attack on Titan (up to end of S2), it started slow but got really good.

HxH dub is going to be like one episode a week... for like another 70+ weeks :| All while the sub is... complete. Grrr.

SnowGhost

Oct 27, 2017
the North
I'm one of those heathens who watch all anime in dubs lol. In saying that I haven't seen that much anime, just some of the most well-known/critically acclaimed.

Considering how late I came to the party, I was spoiled with things like FMA, Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell, Steins Gate and others all being completed/fully dubbed. I recently finished Attack on Titan (up to end of S2), it started slow but got really good.

HxH dub is going to be like one episode a week... for like another 70+ weeks :| All while the sub is... complete. Grrr.

I admire the dedication to stick with dub. I wouldn't have lasted a week knowing a subbed version was complete. haha

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well dub only viewers get to enjoy the same week to week wait that the original anime viewers did when it was premiering.

SnowGhost

Oct 27, 2017
the North

Deleted member 888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Stay strong if you've dedicated to the dub version. Let loose if you wish to end the wait of weekly episodes. Though you'll have to adjust to the Sub, which is still good.

I can tell I'm not really helping much, sorry. How you invest your time with it is up to you! It is an amazing show after all.

I just find dubs easier to follow, understandably. I think relate to as well, as in I feel I get to know the characters a bit better.

That's not a slight on Japanese voice acting, it can often be better than English dubs. To be honest though, without starting any wars in here, lol, I think dubs are all relatively decent these days. They've come a long way and some are spectacular. I play the Yakuza games which are all sub (apart from 1), so it's not like I can't enjoy it.

I gave the above stream a quick few mins listen. I prefer Hisoka in English. His dub VA just has a stand out voice which adds to his character being so unpredictable and out for himself.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just find dubs easier to follow, understandably. I think relate to as well, as in I feel I get to know the characters a bit better.

That's not a slight on Japanese voice acting, it can often be better than English dubs. To be honest though, without starting any wars in here, lol, I think dubs are all relatively decent these days. They've come a long way and some are spectacular. I play the Yakuza games which are all sub (apart from 1), so it's not like I can't enjoy it.

I gave the above stream a quick few mins listen. I prefer Hisoka in English. His dub VA just has a stand out voice which adds to his character being so unpredictable and out for himself.

Dub Hisoka sounds a lot like the original Hisoka voice actor so they both stand out compared to the rest of their respective cast.

Oct 26, 2017
Any German speaking HxH fans here? I accidentally got a German language manga volume ages ago from Amazon and forgot to return it. As much as I'd love to learn German soon (it's on the list) I can't deal with non conformity for my book covers and spines xD i'll probably post in Germany Era too if no one pipes up here. <3

Deleted member 888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Keith Silverstein is a really good Hisoka.

Yeah, whoever this guy is, he's great.

Another voice that kind of stands out to me is Brittney Karbowski doing Migi in Parasyte.

Dub Hisoka sounds a lot like the original Hisoka voice actor so they both stand out compared to the rest of their respective cast.

That's bait!

Making me listen to more than just a few minutes to test your opinion.

Deleted member 888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Audioboxer just think in the time it takes for the next dub episode to come out... you could've watched 72 episodes of subs and got used to the voices :P

I83UPoI.gif

Oct 26, 2017
Low quality bait at that. tbh considering how long it'll be until we're treated to more animated HxH, stretching it out for as long as feasibly possible is probably better in the long run!