• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
The best would be a Conjurer / Transmuter / Manipulation - Fire power.

Conjurer a cool suit resistance to fire like Feitan, transmute a small sun over you head/back and then manipulate the flames from it.

Now do a condition to strenght it like the suit losing it's resistance and cooking you, the bigger the sun the more fire/heat but you also overheat faster.

Voila some crazy fire power.
So pretty much anything is possible? Cool.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
So pretty much anything is possible? Cool.
Hxh system allows for a lot of bullshit, that's why i love it. I like transmutter class because you can keep it simple, though...
In your case you can, like
Buy fireproof vest, emit your aura a centimeter away from you and turn it to fire
Or
Make your aura gasoline and walk around with something that makes sparks
Or
With manipulation you can alter other stuff's temperature to make them burn

There's so many ways of doing different stuffs it's pretty hard to classify the character's nen categories

I thought knuckle was a conjurer because of potclean but he's an emitter, for example, both classes can do that skill happen though :p

Transmutters happen to have the most vanilla powers and use them to do amazing stuffs, they are like the rogues of hxh, which is why i like them, you can have a tax dealer with lots of convoluted skills, or have very tricky systems to manipulate people using needles and mobiles, or... just make your aura a freaking thread like machi and use it in thousands of creative ways instead :p

Deleted member 18360

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think I'd go with an information gathering ability over a combat ability personally.

Maybe some kind of limited telepathy and astral projection ability, with the ability to conjure these memory palace/nen beast/artificial mind things that can store and process and retrieve relevant information (basically acting as counsel). If I had to fight and try not to die, I'd either have to somehow predict their actions before they initiate them, or maybe luck out in sufficiently fucking with them mentally lol.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
I haven't thought much about a Hatsu, but I'd probably be a Conjurer or a Manipulator.

--

From Jump Festa:

fbjqyx.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP

Euphony

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Based on Hisoka's personality test, I'd probably fit most with being a conjurer. Haven't really thought about which type I'd like to be before, but honestly conjurer seems like a good fit so Hisoka's right on the money :P

Also the Part 5 anime is good, very good.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Someone on reddit made an in depth analysis of each hatsu type x personality but it's so through it's very hard to find a type

Oct 25, 2017
Based on Hisoka's personality test, I'd probably fit most with being a conjurer. Haven't really thought about which type I'd like to be before, but honestly conjurer seems like a good fit so Hisoka's right on the money :P

Also the Part 5 anime is good, very good.
We told you. If they can fix the back half of the manga then it's going to be great.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
We told you. If they can fix the back half of the manga then it's going to be great.
Man, i read it all in two days and i didn't think it was bad at all, if they can improve that it'll be easily my favorite saga so far lol

Still i read it all in two days so i guess im a poor judge lol (but i started from the chapter i was in the anime so idk)

OP
OP

Euphony

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to try to only watch a couple episodes per session so I don't get burnt out, but so far I'm really liking it.

I did a reread of Part 5 several months ago with the updated fan translation, and even with the better translation the ending was still hard for me to follow. Here's hoping that having it animated makes it easier to follow along.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to try to only watch a couple episodes per session so I don't get burnt out, but so far I'm really liking it.

I did a reread of Part 5 several months ago with the updated fan translation, and even with the better translation the ending was still hard for me to follow. Here's hoping that having it animated makes it easier to follow along.
The ending has a lot of abstract concepts behind it.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Hadn't put this together, but it makes sense that this guy (Ickshonpe Katocha) is the "I" in Greed Island.

2cntq4o.jpg

3538o6w.jpg

And from that latter chapter, I like this reversal:

2d2d2qu.jpg

258nnv4.jpg

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure once this boat ride is over Part 5 is going to look straight forward and mundane. I'm not even sure how some of these potential fights could play out. How will a guy who can see into the future and then manipulate the present take on a guy who can transport the souls of his followers into whoever his Nen arrow strikes?

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I felt so bad for Killua here having to drag his mostly dead adult sized friend across half a country.
Dont forget he had ragequit staying by said friend side because he got a serious case of broken heart >_>

I'm pretty sure once this boat ride is over Part 5 is going to look straight forward and mundane. I'm not even sure how some of these potential fights could play out. How will a guy who can see into the future and then manipulate the present take on a guy who can transport the souls of his followers into whoever his Nen arrow strikes?
For a second i thought you were talking about part 5 lol

Yeah, the boat gonna be lit

Togashi gonna have some work though, hxh doesn't use the power of bullshit as much o-x(not that i dislike jojo but...)

Last edited:

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Dont forget he had ragequit staying by said friend side because he got a serious case of broken heart >_>

For a second i thought you were talking about part 5 lol

Yeah, the boat gonna be lit

Togashi gonna have some work though, hxh doesn't use the power of bullshit as much o-x(not that i dislike jojo but...)

I'm waiting for him to introduce a character whose nen ability is just called Bull Shit and everyone believes it.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
I've liked both of them, but I still wonder why he's titled them the way he has. It's clearly meant to entice people who haven't watched the show, but then he goes and shows spoiler after spoiler (after spoiler) lol. They're mostly minor, but they do add up on videos that long. At least he gave a spoiler warning for the SW/DC stuff in this one, though.

And I'm really glad he touched on those reflections from Togashi on YYH. More people need to be aware of that.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I've liked both of them, but I still wonder why he's titled them the way he has. It's clearly meant to entice people who haven't watched the show, but then he goes and shows spoiler after spoiler (after spoiler) lol. They're mostly minor, but they do add up on videos that long. At least he gave a spoiler warning for the SW/DC stuff in this one, though.

And I'm really glad he touched on those reflections from Togashi on YYH. More people need to be aware of that.
I think that one was more of a "what HxH means to me" than anything =/ like, it moved me a bit but honestly it's an awful video to show people so they get interested in it lol

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ironically his original HxH video is what got me into the manga and I think it was far better as far as getting people interested in the series goes, but I haven't watched it in a while.

I feel like it's a trap a lot of Youtubers fall into: posting a review on a piece of media that isn't really something anyone who isn't already familiar with it should watch, because it's more of an essay on what they enjoyed and thought about it (which can be entertaining in its own right, like this video).

John Doe

Avenger
Jan 24, 2018
Quick question. Why in the current arc when Illumi was introducing himself to the group, he said that he has two brothers, Killua and Kalluto?

Isn't he forgetting Milluki and his sister Alluka?

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
Merry christmas :)

Also i just found this on google:

hxh_christmas_dance__by_blackprid3-dbwwbh3.gif
So Hisoka is Kurapika's daddy?

This reminds me that I really should continue watching the show. I started a lomg time ago at the other place but then didn't have time to continue and never got back into it despite lovimg what I saw.