• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP

Euphony

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry to bring JoJo back again but the Part 5 anime is really good and I can't stop watching it.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Seeing this for the first time. I imagine Togashi was still trying to figure out their designs, but damn, Pakunoda lol (also, nothing but hair for Kortopi). He was definitely going for that witch look initially.

a3311g.jpg

For comparison, pic of her in her final chapter:

11jua05.jpg

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Sorry to bring JoJo back again but the Part 5 anime is really good and I can't stop watching it.
I'vw started reading stone ocean now send help

Seeing this for the first time. I imagine Togashi was still trying to figure out their designs, but damn, Pakunoda lol (also, nothing but hair for Kortopi). He was definitely going for that witch look initially.

a3311g.jpg

For comparison, pic of her in her final chapter:

11jua05.jpg
Damn that's weird

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
The one where there is more logic.
Man i miss logic, i thought it would start having logic starting on 5 and then i got to the frogs. I won't say more, i just had to take it out of my chest

and yeah,i'm one of the few people that didnt think the end of giogio was too bs to believe in :p
I'm not a fan of deus ex machinas but that one felt poetic at least

Oct 25, 2017
Man i miss logic, i thought it would start having logic starting on 5 and then i got to the frogs. I won't say more, i just had to take it out of my chest

and yeah,i'm one of the few people that didnt think the end of giogio was too bs to believe in :p
I'm not a fan of deus ex machinas but that one felt poetic at least
You don't know what bullshit is till a certain stand in Part 6. caliph95 knows exactly which one I'm talking about.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
True enough. I enjoy Part 5 way more than Part 3.
The supporting cast is precious with every stand serving a clear purpose. And the fights are just good.

and the rain is frogless

I had no sympathy for part 3's folks outside indiana granpa

Also we doing that thing again, please come back togashi

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Still need to pick up the YYH volumes, but some volume comments:

In addition to that last comment, he mentioned heart-related problems elsewhere, which only made me think of his comment after concluding the series: "...my heart began to hurt every time I went without sleep--and then it began to hurt more and more often."

I imagine getting a heart attack was a very palpable fear for him.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Still need to pick up the YYH volumes, but some volume comments:

In addition to that last comment, he mentioned heart-related problems elsewhere, which only made me think of his comment after concluding the series: "...my heart began to hurt every time I went without sleep--and then it began to hurt more and more often."

I imagine getting a heart attack was a very palpable fear for him.
Holy shit, he wasn't kidding when he said YYH was killing him huh? D:

Kinda glad he found a way to work that wouldn't kill him (and doesn't have to worry about money that much cause his and his wife's mangas sell like hotcakes D:)

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I love the absolute chaos this arc is leading to. Don't have a problem with the amount of characters because it's not like you need to remember each one individually. It's more like you should be aware of the different factions at play besides the few characters that are actually getting a lot of focus themselves.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
I love the absolute chaos this arc is leading to. Don't have a problem with the amount of characters because it's not like you need to remember each one individually. It's more like you should be aware of the different factions at play besides the few characters that are actually getting a lot of focus themselves.
A good resource for the factions:

https://imgur.com/a/P8n91

I'm glad the person has kept it updated.

Oct 25, 2017

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Gotta love that there are the Nen equivalent of suicide bombers.
Nen aside, very much the Meteor City way of doing things. The first pic is from 102, which I still need to do a write-up on since Madhouse left it out (I still haven't seen the '99 version, so I don't know if they included it).

WIO1OP8.png

265vysw.png

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not even sure what's more bullshit at this point anymore. Nen is bullshit heavily rooted in logic. Stands are bullshit heavily rooted in outlandish leaps of logic.

This didn't even occur to me damn.
Nen has a fairly solid base system and every battle is logic, until alluka showed up the biggest asspull this series had was a fucking atomic bomb

Meanwhile araki doesnt know how weather works, forgets abilities midway and ignores totally how stand fighting power works

I love how he still got my attention despite all his bullshit because i'm VERY picky with the bullshit i read >_>

what scares me about nen is how far it can go without creating ozone layer hole-sized plotholes

Oct 25, 2017
Nen has a fairly solid base system and every battle is logic, until alluka showed up the biggest asspull this series had was a fucking atomic bomb

Meanwhile araki doesnt know how weather works, forgets abilities midway and ignores totally how stand fighting power works

I love how he still got my attention despite all his bullshit because i'm VERY picky with the bullshit i read >_>

what scares me about nen is how far it can go without creating ozone layer hole-sized plotholes
Jojo outside of one stand fight in Part 6 is at least for the most part very fun bullshit. Though I wish he would do what Isayama does is reread what he's written to make sure he keeps the narrative consistent and well plotted.
Lol, this is an incredibly apt description of HxH and Jojo.
It's the best way I knew how to describe it and have it be short and simple.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Someone needs to arrange an interview with Togashi and Araki.
man I really wanna see that

Jojo outside of one stand fight in Part 6 is at least for the most part very fun bullshit. Though I wish he would do what Isayama does is reread what he's written to make sure he keeps the narrative consistent and well plotted.
part 6 makes no sense, most fights are based on early days of wikipedia bullshit, i'm losing it, if the villain wasn't so good i'd have freaked out...like, i'm feeling a huge increase in logic leaps from part 5, part 5 had legit ass pulls but it didn't break suspension of disbelief, part 6 though...man my brain is frying. it makes for some great moments, but also makes for the worst headaches of my life.
bohemian rhapsody was amazing though, i hope i can just give in to madness eventually, i just have a hard time believeing you're a snail makes you a FUCKING SNAIL.
It's fun, but i'm a logical person, I'm losing it

Jolyne is so damn good though, she'd beat half of the jojos with one thread D:

Oct 25, 2017
man I really wanna see that

part 6 makes no sense, most fights are based on early days of wikipedia bullshit, i'm losing it, if the villain wasn't so good i'd have freaked out...like, i'm feeling a huge increase in logic leaps from part 5, part 5 had legit ass pulls but it didn't break suspension of disbelief, part 6 though...man my brain is frying. it makes for some great moments, but also makes for the worst headaches of my life.
bohemian rhapsody was amazing though, i hope i can just give in to madness eventually, i just have a hard time believeing you're a snail makes you a FUCKING SNAIL.

I actually hate that stand fight, it just has no flow and is one note. The villain is great though, there's some stuff that's better than Part 5, but at the same time I didn't like it as much as part 5. I do need to read Part 7, which I heard is really good. The story and fights in 5 are way better, but Part 6 has a "better" Jojo and villain.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I actually hate that stand fight, it just has no flow and is one note. The villain is great though, there's some stuff that's better than Part 5, but at the same time I didn't like it as much as part 5. I do need to read Part 7, which I heard is really good. The story and fights in 5 are way better, but Part 6 has a "better" Jojo and villain.
I actually like Giorno better than Jolyne D: Giogio's determination is contagious and he happened to fit in my favorite character archetype i guess D: I wanted to like jolyne more, I really wanted to. She's got some amazing character growth and seems to be the best Jojo in some aspects(like being the saga's main character, right jotaro =_=?), I just...think GE is a good boy and i fucking love the concept of that stand </3(I'm a stupid fangirl, y'all seen me talking bout Killua here so you know)

The strenght of part 5 is being consistent, part 6 is awesome in a moment and the worst thing ever in the next, it's weird... i like it but I also think about p5 every now and then and sometimes it just infuriates me
I gotta say I LOVE Pucci and it finally gave an insight into Dio's weirdly sexy charm i was eager to see since P3 hyped him up, this saga does wonders for the overall jojoverse, but i liked the chill mafia plot too, i just finished heavy weather so my opinion might change in some aspects but idk how it'll go, I still listen to survivor everytime punished jolyne appears and she oozes girl power, so i guess that's a good sign

I liked bohemian rhapsody for how crazy it was but the resolution was kinda cheap, yeah, the weather report story is so damn tragic but i think the snails really hurt my enjoyment because it was visually stupid lol, that's jojo though, he got a bit of pt 3 weird in a better story

Oct 25, 2017
I actually like Giorno better than Jolyne D: Giogio's determination is contagious and he happened to fit in my favorite character archetype i guess D: I wanted to like jolyne more, I really wanted to. She's got some amazing character growth and seems to be the best Jojo in some aspects(like being the saga's main character, right jotaro =_=?), I just...think GE is a good boy and i fucking love the concept of that stand </3(I'm a stupid fangirl, y'all seen me talking bout Killua here so you know)

The strenght of part 5 is being consistent, part 6 is awesome in a moment and the worst thing ever in the next, it's weird... i like it but I also think about p5 every now and then and sometimes it just infuriates me
I gotta say I LOVE Pucci and it finally gave an insight into Dio's weirdly sexy charm i was eager to see since P3 hyped him up, this saga does wonders for the overall jojoverse, but i liked the chill mafia plot too, i just finished heavy weather so my opinion might change in some aspects but idk how it'll go, I still listen to survivor everytime punished jolyne appears and she oozes girl power, so i guess that's a good sign

I liked bohemian rhapsody for how crazy it was but the resolution was kinda cheap, yeah, the weather report story is so damn tragic but i think the snails really hurt my enjoyment because it was visually stupid lol, that's jojo though, he got a bit of pt 3 weird in a better story
Part 6's ending will do things to your mind. Also thank you for liking Giorno, that man gets no love.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
People think Giorno is either boring or a Gary Stu. Giorno is awesome though, they also complain that he isn't the main star of the plot like Joseph.
Urgh =_=

I hope the anime fixes that impression, i really like how he isn't the lead but still grabs the attention by being able to remain calm despite everything that happens :/

He's not dumb and funny like Joseph, nor quirky and explosive like josuke or tough as jolyne, but i just think he's a really great guy.

I wonder if those people are also fans of Jotaro, cause that dude is much more gary stu-ey (bullshit win-wise)and just as non protagonist of his part(cof polnaleff cof) and with half the personality of giorno's until part 4 D:

OP
OP

Euphony

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

I think you're going to like Steel Ball Run more than Part 6 then. It's a lot more "grounded", but no spoilers though because it's my favorite part and I don't want to ruin anything for you.

Also, can you believe you're almost done! Just 1 more Part and a decent chunk of JoJolion and you're all caught up!

Oct 25, 2017
Urgh =_=

I hope the anime fixes that impression, i really like how he isn't the lead but still grabs the attention by being able to remain calm despite everything that happens :/

He's not dumb and funny like Joseph, nor quirky and explosive like josuke or tough as jolyne, but i just think he's a really great guy.

I wonder if those people are also fans of Jotaro, cause that dude is much more gary stu-ey (bullshit win-wise)and just as non protagonist of his part(cof polnaleff cof) and with half the personality of giorno's until part 4 D:
Yeah American fans get really weird with Part 3, will never be my favorite, also Joseph stans are the worst.