• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I think you're going to like Steel Ball Run more than Part 6 then. It's a lot more "grounded", but no spoilers though because it's my favorite part and I don't want to ruin anything for you.

Also, can you believe you're almost done! Just 1 more Part and a decent chunk of JoJolion and you're all caught up!
I'm so hyped for steel ball run, i just hope Johnny won't take Giorno's place as my best boy
And yeah i'm reading fast, i love it and i hate it and this will cause me a lot of headaches, this is the apex of bizarre so far
Yeah American fans get really weird with Part 3, will never be my favorite, also Joseph stans are the worst.
Everytime my friend calls joseph second best jojo I tilt. Joseph aint that great after the second rrewatch

(Still fun tho)

Jotaro is a cardboard and him getting love while Gio gets hate is the definition of unfair ;-;
I blame it on the male cleavage so it makes sense to me :(, Jotaro probably has a lot of "MANLY" fans

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so hyped for steel ball run, i just hope Johnny won't take Giorno's place as my best boy
And yeah i'm reading fast, i love it and i hate it and this will cause me a lot of headaches, this is the apex of bizarre so far

Everytime my friend calls joseph second best jojo I tilt. Joseph aint that great after the second rrewatch

(Still fun tho)

Jotaro is a cardboard and him getting love while Gio gets hate is the definition of unfair ;-;
I blame it on the male cleavage so it makes sense to me :(, Jotaro probably has a lot of "MANLY" fans
Giorno just embraced the fabulous, I guess it's just too over the top for a lot of people, but Giorno makes that shit work. Giorno will pose with his stand while he tries to kill you. Jotaro will point his finger at you while Star Platinum does all the heavy lifting. Giorno has a dream.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Giorno just embraced the fabulous, I guess it's just too over the top for a lot of people, but Giorno makes that shit work. Giorno will pose with his stand while he tries to kill you. Jotaro will point his finger at you while Star Platinum does all the heavy lifting. Giorno has a dream.
Watch my fella Giorno taking over italy in his skin tight pink suit. Jotaro can point all he wants he'll never get anywhere near his radiance. His name is Giorno, and he has a dream he believes it's just. And dont you dare try to stop it.

What a man.

He makes all shounen protagonists look like insecure boys with their plain clothing and headbands.

I love that kid. He should make some cameos.

Oct 25, 2017
Watch my fella Giorno taking over italy in his skin tight pink suit. Jotaro can point all he wants he'll never get anywhere near his radiance. His name is Giorno, and he has a dream he believes it's just. And dont you dare try to stop it.

What a man.

He makes all shounen protagonists look like insecure boys with their plain clothing and headbands.

I love that kid. He should make some cameos.
Giorno is fucking fabulous:
DvXbueNXQAEM8AC.jpg

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
Nen aside, very much the Meteor City way of doing things. The first pic is from 102, which I still need to do a write-up on since Madhouse left it out (I still haven't seen the '99 version, so I don't know if they included it).

WIO1OP8.png

265vysw.png
I don't think that was in the earlier series. I've seen it a million times.

The 1999 anime ended on chapter 101 I believe. Right before the moment you're sharing now.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
What are the odds hxh comes back by march? All this jojo watching/reading made me eager to see stands written by someone who tries to minimize plotholes :(

Or Garouden. Same mangaka but it's adapted from a book.

Let me also recommend Kengan Ashura. Fucking great series with superb art.
1495117955240.png
Gonna do some research on these and then ill choose x)

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Thinking more about the number of characters in this arc, I do have the feeling that Togashi always has the theme of humanity, our evils, complexities, etc. in mind. I thought specifically back to:

YEfZALC.png

So for this SW, we'd have:

King > Queens > Princes > Soldiers/Guards/Servants

Just this general idea of instead of birthing one king-to-be, (some) humans would devise a system whereby multiple kings-to-be compete to the death for who gets to sit on the throne.

And then you have the Mafia hierarchies as well.

I don't think that was in the earlier series. I've seen it a million times.

The 1999 anime ended on chapter 101 I believe. Right before the moment you're sharing now.
Ah, thanks. Good to know.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Thinking more about the number of characters in this arc, I do have the feeling that Togashi always has the theme of humanity, our evils, complexities, etc. in mind. I thought specifically back to:

YEfZALC.png

So for this SW, we'd have:

King > Queens > Princes > Soldiers/Guards/Servants

Just this general idea of instead of birthing one king-to-be, (some) humans would devise a system whereby multiple kings-to-be compete to the death for who gets to sit on the throne.

And then you have the Mafia hierarchies as well.

Ah, thanks. Good to know.
He loves mixing some political critique inside the manga, meteor city, the mafia, north korea , the bomb... ends up pretty heavy on allegory but i think it does pay off if you stick around.

Hunter x hunter revolves a lot around the themes like having an objective to pursue in life and what people will do to reach it. Some folks gonna just step into everyone to get to their goals, some chase anything resembling a goal so they feel complete(i feel transmutter in general are a lot like that, hisoka's hunt for thrilling fights ans Killua's mislead and a bit too dependent search for affection pretty much show sympthoms of people thay doesn't know what they want but they just wanna feel something so they go for vices/somwthing that resembles it.), even some nen categories feel like they revolve around that depending on how you read them xO

I like how it can get pretty deep because it feels a lot of sagas are about this struggle, he tries to show that pursuit without judging who is right or wrong, so that ends up being pretrt deep.

The manga i read that got closest to that was Magi, as the theme there is basically "how do you think the world should be ruled?" And you have a lot of people that want the world to advance but with ways to reach it that vary a lot, ethically, i'm sad the apex of that was (maybe) nazi dumbledore, which happens pretty early on :/

Last edited:

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
Nen aside, very much the Meteor City way of doing things. The first pic is from 102, which I still need to do a write-up on since Madhouse left it out (I still haven't seen the '99 version, so I don't know if they included it).

WIO1OP8.png

265vysw.png

Could also have been the guy with '''Sun and Moon'' hatsu, mark the people and use them as suicide bombers and it's undetectable so people just assume it was a bomb in the pocket. We also know he was from Meteor City so that is a cool connection.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Could also have been the guy with '''Sun and Moon'' hatsu, mark the people and use them as suicide bombers and it's undetectable so people just assume it was a bomb in the pocket. We also know he was from Meteor City so that is a cool connection.
Ah, yes. Definitely possible.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Just got my physical copy of 18.

Since Madhouse left out Kite at the beginning, I guess that's why they didn't just do this lol.

0JeEY9x.png

FJViWTU.png

Also, I remembered they were hired by Kakin, but I must've forgotten that they were actually there initially lol. Which obviously makes sense.

RbQnF5v.png

F6GL0PK.png

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
And from the next chapter, dayum Togashi.

9Fc16DL.png
Ok, so I guess this one was drawn by him, but I missed the names below the other two. T. (Takehiko) Inoue (Slam Dunk, Vagabond) below the first one, and then I can't make out the signature for the second (Togashi's own?).

UD981vu.png

4tKHqfy.png

pKVSQ7j.png

OP
OP

Euphony

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, so I guess this one was drawn by him, but I missed the names below the other two. T. (Takehiko) Inoue (Slam Dunk, Vagabond) below the first one, and then I can't make out the signature for the second (Togashi's own?).

UD981vu.png

4tKHqfy.png

pKVSQ7j.png
Comparing the second signature to the one on Togashi's wikipedia page, they both look pretty different so it's probably another artist.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Lol, just now realizing the similarities between the two.

Very curious what he plans to do with Biscuit in this arc.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Good luck to most of these people considering how many beastly Nen Users or crazy Nen Beasts are now in the Succession War.
Marayam in particular is pretty much invincible unless you can take out his GSB. I imagine the still unnamed soldier Benjamin has stationed there will come into play (contacting Benjamin, Rihan, etc.).

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
Hello all.
Just finished watching the 2011 anime, my first time experiencing the story. It's hard to gather my thoughts about 148 episodes worth of story, but I'll just say that I thought it was great and that episode 135 may be my favorite episode of any show I've watched.
Sorry if you guys see this bump and think there's been some sort of news lmao.

What chapter do I start on if I want to continue from where 148 left off?

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Hello all.
Just finished watching the 2011 anime, my first time experiencing the story. It's hard to gather my thoughts about 148 episodes worth of story, but I'll just say that I thought it was great and that episode 135 may be my favorite episode of any show I've watched.
Sorry if you guys see this bump and think there's been some sort of news lmao.

What chapter do I start on if I want to continue from where 148 left off?
Iirc chapter 339/340, glad you liked it! Be prepared for a ride now, this saga is jojo without bullshit wins lol

woopWOOP

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Bumps from new people enjoying this series gives me as much joy as a new chapter announcement would, lol
No worries and enjoy the new arc! (and then you'll be stuck on the boat ride like the rest of us!)

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, I had to reread multiple times. If you can remember, what was still confusing you?
Chrollo's abilities. I understand how the page marker works. That one of his abilities didn't disappear after initiation even if he changed the page. But the order in which he was using all 3 or 4 abilities for different effects was confusing. I got most of it after many readings but I've forgotten most by now lol

woopWOOP

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Most of that fight went over my head too
I know Chrollo tossed people at Hisoka and that was cool.
I'm sure I'll get a clear understanding when they'll animate it in 2035 somewhere.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Chrollo's abilities. I understand how the page marker works. That one of his abilities didn't disappear after initiation even if he changed the page. But the order in which he was using all 3 or 4 abilities for different effects was confusing. I got most of it after many readings but I've forgotten most by now lol
One of the skills doesn't rely on the book, that's why this fight is tricky