• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Once this guy reaches the "blink activate" state we would need some Netero/King levels of speed to take him out before he even does it.
At that point another work around its going to be needed.

That wouldn't even work, once he's in full zetsu the time immediately stops.
I mean, if someone can lock him in a state he can't use it, that might work, but it's very unlikely since usually the objective is forcing zetsu onto people so they cant defend themselves... regardless of how fast he can king crimson stuff, his power working backwards is his ultimate advantage

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, if someone can lock him in a state he can't use it, that might work, but it's very unlikely since usually the objective is forcing zetsu onto people so they cant defend themselves... regardless of how fast he can king crimson stuff, his power working backwards is his ultimate advantage

He still needs nen for activating the second stage, forcing him into a zetsu (like Knucke) would work.
Theoretically he could see the future since he's in zetsu but do nothing to alter it since he can't come out of it, maybe not even that if he needs to be in nen before he goes zetsu for the condition.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
He still needs nen for activating the second stage, forcing him into a zetsu (like Knucke) would work.
Theoretically he could see the future since he's in zetsu but do nothing to alter it since he can't come out of it, maybe not even that if he needs to be in nen before he goes zetsu for the condition.
Huh not as broken as i thought then, he's still beatable

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
lol try to outrun a nuke boy.

Huh not as broken as i thought then, he's still beatable

Kura steal chain should work, it's a matter of how to get in the first hit. With his precog it's gonna be interesting.

I wonder how much nen that "666 stand" thing even uses each time, maybe outlasting him it's the way to go.

Last edited:

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
Wait a minute ... he would be the greatest way to ask a wish from Nanika.

He can even give her anything lol just got make sure to alter the timeline after. Then he get the "ilusion" giving the brain while the "real" is just laughing on the side.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Hehe. Some of these Vol. 35 extras.

IrHgBP9.png

pUwskoY.png

7zd1KOA.png

Apr 24, 2018
I just bought a really cool piece of art (print?) for HxH with Gon and Killua on it from a small local con this weekend. The 1999 anime came out right around the time I started watching anime, and by the second half of the series, I was watching episodes basically as they aired. I remember being so excited for the OVAs as they released.

Although I still enjoyed the 2011 anime release, and especially appreciated it advancing the main story, I really missed the original (Japanese) VAs in that particular adaptation - the 1999 version was a really special series and is pretty underrated in anime circles, imho.

I've always wanted to get into the manga, but I think I'll wait until it is eventually (/hopefully) finished - or at the very least, a major arc (I believe Dark Continent is the current arc?). Same with Berserk; I just don't enjoy following a series with sporadic/limited releases and would rather binge a lot of content at once.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone with a mass destruction style attack could take out The Sandwich if he was unable to escape or kill them with his ability. Something like Pain Packer could take him out but of course it also takes everything else out in the process.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
A plot point that can be easily forgotten (given it hasn't been brought up since):

3VP4BxW.png

Btw, as of the current chapter, there are 46 days left until they reach the New Continent. I'm pretty sure Beyond said he would fully cooperate with the Zodiacs until then, so Kurapika and co. have to hold out for a while (hence the whole trying to create a stalemate situation, though Bill worried about it backfiring).

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Togashi is gonna fool us all and nothing truly crazy will happen on the boat and instead all Hell breaks loose once they get to the false DC

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Gonna ask for some sensitivity on this subject, def not intended to bother anyone with what I'm about to say.

So I was really into HxH 2011 anime few years back but then the Chimera Ant episode where the kids...you all know what happens there. Anyway that episode essentially ruined the series for me and I haven't found it in me to get back into it. That was a certain level of darkness that bothered me a lot since it was graphic in what was shown and I didn't like the bait and switch with it. Even now thinking back to it I feel gross.

Do kids get mutilated in this matter later on? Or was this a one off thing?

Thank you.

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna ask for some sensitivity on this subject, def not intended to bother anyone with what I'm about to say.

So I was really into HxH 2011 anime few years back but then the Chimera Ant episode where the kids...you all know what happens there. Anyway that episode essentially ruined the series for me and I haven't found it in me to get back into it. That was a certain level of darkness that bothered me a lot since it was graphic in what was shown and I didn't like the bait and switch with it. Even now thinking back to it I feel gross.

Thank you.
This really depends on how old a person is till they stop being classified as a kid...

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017

Thank you.

The rest of that arc has numerous very dark and disturbing moments though I don't think anything quite like what happens to the kids.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
There's only one other instance (which the anime tones down when it comes to the graphic nature).

Komii

Oct 26, 2017

Thank you.
First time i read the arc i was 14-15 and completely terrified at how dark it started... I can't say it won't get darker than that, but you won't see stuff like the kids anymore...

All i can say is that not all of that is for shock value, and next saga is much lighter, but if you feel uncomfortable to the point you need to stop, you're better off taking a long break and see if you can keep going or not, no one's gonna blame you, CA saga is much darker than anything in hxh you've seen so far

Deleted member 8001

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Thanks for the feedback so far everyone it is much appreciated.

If I couldn't handle that moment I mentioned before, is there specific episodes I should watch out for? I'll note that I was fine with the series till that episode in particular so it just has to be something grotesque and depressing of that level. I don't mind sad moments or some harm I just don't like gore so I'd like look away on certain episodes.

First time i read the arc i was 14-15 and completely terrified at how dark it started... I can't say it won't get darker than that, but you won't see stuff like the kids anymore...

All i can say is that not all of that is for shock value, and next saga is much lighter, but if you feel uncomfortable to the point you need to stop, you're better off taking a long break and see if you can keep going or not, no one's gonna blame you, CA saga is much darker than anything in hxh you've seen so far
Looking at my post history elsewhere it seems like I dropped the series in August 2013 so wow...it's been 5+ years since that happened.

I definitely have a part of me that wants to try to return to it, but it took me this long to work up the courage again to even get to that point. I recall being ridiculed back then cause I couldn't handle what was going on, so I really appreciate you talking kindly like this as well as the other people here.

Hearing the next saga being much lighter helps.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks for the feedback so far everyone it is much appreciated.

If I couldn't handle that moment I mentioned before, is there specific episodes I should watch out for? I'll note that I was fine with the series till that episode in particular so it just has to be something grotesque and depressing of that level. I don't mind sad moments or some harm I just don't like gore so I'd like look away on certain episodes.

Looking at my post history elsewhere it seems like I dropped the series in August 2013 so wow...it's been 5+ years since that happened.

I definitely have a part of me that wants to try to return to it, but it took me this long to work up the courage again to even get to that point. I recall being ridiculed back then cause I couldn't handle what was going on, so I really appreciate you talking kindly like this as well as the other people here.

Hearing the next saga being much lighter helps.
you're welcome!

I could go on and say a small spoiler about those kids, cause it's a small solace considering the overall saga situation, but that won't help much with some other stuff that happens to other characters later on, that saga is heavy, i don't know why togashi went to such a dark place but I'm kinda glad i sticked through cause there was some beauty in the end of it, but you shouldn't force yourself to see it if you believe that's enough... i wished I had a log of the episodes that could give trouble though, because there are a good chunk of them... I think it's possible to do an ESRB-like review of it listing the worst you might see andthen you decide?

Deleted member 8001

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
you're welcome!

I could go on and say a small spoiler about those kids, cause it's a small solace considering the overall saga situation, but that won't help much with some other stuff that happens to other characters later on, that saga is heavy, i don't know why togashi went to such a dark place but I'm kinda glad i sticked through cause there was some beauty in the end of it, but you shouldn't force yourself to see it if you believe that's enough... i wished I had a log of the episodes that could give trouble though, because there are a good chunk of them... I think it's possible to do an ESRB-like review of it listing the worst you might see andthen you decide?
That would be great. If possible could you spoiler tag per episode that you think might have something of issue? Deaths and stuff I can handle I just can't really handle seeing kids dying to monsters like this.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
That would be great. If possible could you spoiler tag per episode that you think might have something of issue? Deaths and stuff I can handle I just can't really handle seeing kids dying to monsters like this.
I think if it's just about the kids the list gets much shorter, I remember one or two instances of something similar happening but I'd need to get the episode numbers(and I can't do it right now because of crunchyroll ads =/) I assume you watched episode 78?
On the top of my head I'd say the biggest flag is episode 91:
in which a kid sees her parents getting killed in front of her, only to be killed and have her brain eaten afterwards, none of which is shown on screen, nor you can see much blood, but you can understand what is happening pretty clearly

if you have an issue with seeing adults being tortured or eaten please tell so I can expand the list(i'd say the age is between 16-20 though), other than that I'd have to double check to see if there's anything between that scene in episode 91 and what you've watched in 77. After episode 91 i'm pretty sure you'll get much less of those things, much less meaning they'll be already meatballs

well just for the sake of completeness:

Some very emotional and gruesome scenes including young(teenage/young adult) characters dying in an awful way, nothing shown on screen but it's reavily implied
Disturbing imagery of starving men being walked like dogs
one of the people mentioned in episodes 79/80 being interrogated after death by some unusual method including long needles

Yup I think I'm done, I don't really remember anything with civilians past ep 91 that would harm you, so just remember to skip that time section and you'll be good

Last edited:

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
I thought the digital volume sale had ended yesterday, but it's still going on so I picked up 33 as well.

It really is the best volume when it comes to the artwork. Damn I wish Togashi had this much time to draw for every volume.

But then we'd really be hating these hiatuses lol.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I thought the digital volume sale had ended yesterday, but it's still going on so I picked up 33 as well.

It really is the best volume when it comes to the artwork. Damn I wish Togashi had this much time to draw for every volume.

But then we'd really be hating these hiatuses lol.
Let's just pray a new batch comes this month, aye?

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Let's just pray a new batch comes this month, aye?
Would lead to inevitable disappointment. :p

Most realistic (and still really unlikely) is it's announced late this month that it's coming back sometime in April.

I still have sometime in May, but June is, unfortunately, very possible.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Would lead to inevitable disappointment. :p

Most realistic (and still really unlikely) is it's announced late this month that it's coming back sometime in April.

I still have sometime in May, but June is, unfortunately, very possible.
it all depends on how far the storyboards were in...

Man, remember that time togashi published a whole damn saga with no hiatuses?

Deleted member 8001

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think if it's just about the kids the list gets much shorter, I remember one or two instances of something similar happening but I'd need to get the episode numbers(and I can't do it right now because of crunchyroll ads =/) I assume you watched episode 78?
On the top of my head I'd say the biggest flag is episode 91:
in which a kid sees her parents getting killed in front of her, only to be killed and have her brain eaten afterwards, none of which is shown on screen, nor you can see much blood, but you can understand what is happening pretty clearly

if you have an issue with seeing adults being tortured or eaten please tell so I can expand the list(i'd say the age is between 16-20 though), other than that I'd have to double check to see if there's anything between that scene in episode 91 and what you've watched in 77. After episode 91 i'm pretty sure you'll get much less of those things, much less meaning they'll be already meatballs

well just for the sake of completeness:

Some very emotional and gruesome scenes including young(teenage/young adult) characters dying in an awful way, nothing shown on screen but it's reavily implied
Disturbing imagery of starving men being walked like dogs
one of the people mentioned in episodes 79/80 being interrogated after death by some unusual method including long needles

Yup I think I'm done, I don't really remember anything with civilians past ep 91 that would harm you, so just remember to skip that time section and you'll be good
"meatballs" Like...meatballs made out of humans?

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
"meatballs" Like...meatballs made out of humans?
yeah, nothing graphic about them despite the fact you know what they're made of, but it's still disturbing so that's why I put it...

This saga is kind of divided in two parts, the first that's basically a dark horror movie, and a second half that's more action based. I can't say some grim elements won't transfer from one to another but the amount of graphic horror drops a reasonable amount after a major event happens. That's also why most instances I found worth noting come before episode 91... If you're talking about destroyed villages and implied violence there are some after that, and also some attacks to human bases where most(actually, all) people inside are adults and the action is so quick you won't really connect to any of them. But as the hunters start to act the whole deal becomes really more action oriented so they are gradually less frequent.

Deleted member 8001

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
yeah, nothing graphic about them despite the fact you know what they're made of, but it's still disturbing so that's why I put it...

This saga is kind of divided in two parts, the first that's basically a dark horror movie, and a second half that's more action based. I can't say some grim elements won't transfer from one to another but the amount of graphic horror drops a reasonable amount after a major event happens. That's also why most instances I found worth noting come before episode 91... If you're talking about destroyed villages and implied violence there are some after that, and also some attacks to human bases where most(actually, all) people inside are adults and the action is so quick you won't really connect to any of them. But as the hunters start to act the whole deal becomes really more action oriented so they are gradually less frequent.
I admit this actually really disgusts me but it's namely cause I am not great at handling gore, even blood sometimes causes me to look away.

I do appreciate the effort you've put into explaining the details of this arc. It seems like due to my limitation here I might not be able to watch this arc. Or, I might have to try doing it via the manga instead which is probably less detailed I'm not sure.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I admit this actually really disgusts me but it's namely cause I am not great at handling gore, even blood sometimes causes me to look away.

I do appreciate the effort you've put into explaining the details of this arc. It seems like due to my limitation here I might not be able to watch this arc. Or, I might have to try doing it via the manga instead which is probably less detailed I'm not sure.
I think the anime tones down a lot of the worst scenes, but the manga has the perks of some chapters being so badly drawn you won't understand when there's gore.
I can say most of the stuff is implied, like, the human meatballs look like regular meatballs and even when they show someone preparing them they won't show limbs and human parts, but there's a pile of skulls, but in the manga they actually show those limbs. There's a very disturbing scene in episode 80 with said mountain of skulls, actually.

Most gruesome scenes have the camera set to not show the details, but still show something to imply what's goin on.

And one of the Royal guard members has the power to sew body parts back and this is used to make a zombie, the other two instances it shows up it just heals instead.

I think maybe there's a way to watch by just skipping some of these episodes because during the invasion(second half) you'll barely see any of these instances, no meatballs, no innocents being brutally killed, just the big fights, I think that if you managed to get until episode 78 you can watch from episode 92 onwards with no problem. But as someone who's serving as guardian of a dude that has trypophobia and is trying to read the part 6 of jojo, I'd really recommend you to not push yourself if it gets too bad.

After all if one of those issues is blood there's not much that can be done. The anime went from a saturday morning show to a night time show for a reason =/

Deleted member 8001

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think the anime tones down a lot of the worst scenes, but the manga has the perks of some chapters being so badly drawn you won't understand when there's gore.
I can say most of the stuff is implied, like, the human meatballs look like regular meatballs and even when they show someone preparing them they won't show limbs and human parts, but there's a pile of skulls, but in the manga they actually show those limbs. There's a very disturbing scene in episode 80 with said mountain of skulls, actually.

Most gruesome scenes have the camera set to not show the details, but still show something to imply what's goin on.

And one of the Royal guard members has the power to sew body parts back and this is used to make a zombie, the other two instances it shows up it just heals instead.

I think maybe there's a way to watch by just skipping some of these episodes because during the invasion(second half) you'll barely see any of these instances, no meatballs, no innocents being brutally killed, just the big fights, I think that if you managed to get until episode 78 you can watch from episode 92 onwards with no problem. But as someone who's serving as guardian of a dude that has trypophobia and is trying to read the part 6 of jojo, I'd really recommend you to not push yourself if it gets too bad.

After all if one of those issues is blood there's not much that can be done. The anime went from a saturday morning show to a night time show for a reason =/
Honestly the worst thing you've said to me so far is the meatballs bit, anything with eating even if its implied even if its just a visual its just...really disturbing to me. I think that is the biggest issue. I might have a phobia of that stuff? Not sure.

Like the words alone have my stomach feeling nautious. Ughhhhhhhh I really want to try this arc cause everyone raves about the character progression in it but I might just have to accept my own limitations.

actually I think I'll read up a summary on Wikipedia of the arc then get to the next arc that way I can kinda get a feel of it.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly the worst thing you've said to me so far is the meatballs bit, anything with eating even if its implied even if its just a visual its just...really disturbing to me. I think that is the biggest issue. I might have a phobia of that stuff? Not sure.

Like the words alone have my stomach feeling nautious. Ughhhhhhhh I really want to try this arc cause everyone raves about the character progression in it but I might just have to accept my own limitations.

actually I think I'll read up a summary on Wikipedia of the arc then get to the next arc that way I can kinda get a feel of it.
I think reading a summary then starting at 92 might be the best option for you, unless even empty threats about"eating" are bad, then just read all the way ^^' if i had crunchy again i could pinpoint safer episodes just for the action but might just be for nothing, as it's so much to cover @-@

Maybe given all what you said just reading summaries is for the best, next saga won't be as dark and the following has much less psychos so far and it's easier to say which pages to skip or not

Deleted member 8001

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think reading a summary then starting at 92 might be the best option for you, unless even empty threats about"eating" are bad, then just read all the way ^^' if i had crunchy again i could pinpoint safer episodes just for the action but might just be for nothing, as it's so much to cover @-@

Maybe given all what you said just reading summaries is for the best, next saga won't be as dark and the following has much less psychos so far and it's easier to say which pages to skip or not
It's okay~ You've helped a lot as is!

I think what I'll do is a mix of fandom reading, and going to youtube to watch the fights since they'll be on there.

Sankyou!

John Omaha

Oct 25, 2017
Jojo part 8 feels much better if you dig HxH... I thought spin was a bit bs on how they just learned stuff midfight and it was all about how to spin. Most of part 8 stands have clear limitations and some even are related to the character's hobbies

But i dont think there's a system as good as nen on that regard
Yeah, I'll check out Part 8 once it finishes. I think the issue is Araki's writing style (so far, anyway) more than how intricate the two battle systems are compared to each other. HxH does some pretty outrageous stuff as well, but Togashi almost always prepares the reader for these moments so they make sense. Let's take Hisoka's infamous revival as an example;

1. Lingering Nen is introduced when Gon and Killua are looking for valuable items in Yorknew.
2. Nen becoming stronger after death is mentioned by Phinks as a reason why the Troupe will not try to kill Kurapika before Chrollo's curse has been removed.
3. Pitou uses post-death Nen to keep fighting after being decapitated.
4. Nen becoming stronger after death is mentioned again for good measure at the start of the Chrollo Vs. Hisoka fight.
5. Hisoka is able to revive himself through post-death Nen, only because he died in very specific conditions and had a suitable Hatsu to pull it off. Note that the dialog right before his death clearly implies that he's about to try something crazy.

Togashi just has a very meticulous approach to how he introduces and develops the various rules/abilities in HxH. That's in sharp contrast with Jojo's spinning nails that can travel to parallel universes because they spin like the golden ratio thanks to a horse. And that's without even getting into stuff like GER.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, I'll check out Part 8 once it finishes. I think the issue is Araki's writing style (so far, anyway) more than how intricate the two battle systems are compared to each other. HxH does some pretty outrageous stuff as well, but Togashi almost always prepares the reader for these moments so they make sense. Let's take Hisoka's infamous revival as an example;

1. Lingering Nen is introduced when Gon and Killua are looking for valuable items in Yorknew.
2. Nen becoming stronger after death is mentioned by Phinks as a reason why the Troupe will not try to kill Kurapika before Chrollo's curse has been removed.
3. Pitou uses post-death Nen to keep fighting after being decapitated.
4. Nen becoming stronger after death is mentioned again for good measure at the start of the Chrollo Vs. Hisoka fight.
5. Hisoka is able to revive himself through post-death Nen, only because he died in very specific conditions and had a suitable Hatsu to pull it off. Note that the dialog right before his death clearly implies that he's about to try something crazy.

Togashi just has a very meticulous approach to how he introduces and develops the various rules/abilities in HxH. That's in sharp contrast with Jojo's spinning nails that can travel to parallel universes because they spin like the golden ratio thanks to a horse. And that's without even getting into stuff like GER.
I honestly think spin is more bullshit than GER
I mean, if you just need to spin in golden ratio why won't it work in a snowy landscape? Gyro had a golden ratio rectangle with him to use as guide and Johnny should have known about that for how long he's been practicing

GER came from something explained last part(which was also bullshit but meh), demanded some great costs to be acquired, and was not something they just made in the middle of a fight because someone did a random shape lol

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
it all depends on how far the storyboards were in...
I remember a fan had first translated that last author comment, and they had it as the storyboards for the next 10 chapters were already done.

gaijin4koma2_peersblog_1200684608.jpg

But then others were like, "Nope. Translation is off. It means he's planning on starting work on the storyboards for the next 10 chapters."

gaijin4koma_peersblog_1200684654.jpg

And then the official translation came out, and confirmed the former.

Man, remember that time togashi published a whole damn saga with no hiatuses?
Though it resulted in him getting a stint of tendinitis and then a 112-week hiatus. :P

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I remember a fan had first translated that last author comment, and they had it as the storyboards for the next 10 chapters were already done.

But then others were like, "Nope. Translation is off. It means he's planning on starting work on the storyboards for the next 10 chapters."

gaijin4koma_peersblog_1200684654.jpg

And then the official translation came out, and confirmed the former.

Though it resulted in him getting a stint of tendinitis and then a 112-week hiatus. :P
It was my 2/3rd favorite saga tho
W O R T H I T

Deleted member 18360

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can never be mad about the spin in Jojo's part 7. The golden ratio is legitimately fascinating, being the most irrational number, it gets at some intuitive notion of 'infinity', while also being virtually omnipresent in nature. For me, whether or not it makes for exciting fights is almost besides the point, as a pure image it has this strange potency. And perhaps more than anything, it's not the nth take on breath/life energy based superpowers, as much as I like those too.

Last edited:

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I can never be mad about the spin in Jojo's part 7. The golden ratio is legitimately fascinating, being the most irrational number, it gets at some intuitive notion of 'infinity', while also being virtually omnipresent in nature. For me, whether or not it makes for exciting fights is almost besides the point, as a pure image it has this strange potency. And perhaps more than anything, it's not the nth take on breath/life energy based superpowers, as much as I like those too.
My biggest pet peeve was Johnny learning how to do it in one volume, then never bothering to memorize the shape... i also think it was kinda bullshit that he couldnt use the living things in the snow to do the spins... there were plenty of living things to use, too

Real reason though, someone in the internet told me it would be a formal power system like nen and i got disappointed :/ I might feel better about it on a reread

I was thinking that given how he did all those chapters in a row like that, and especially how he put chapter 339 together, it makes me think he wanted to give Madhouse a good place to end the anime.
I like how nicely put was that arc, just simple, pure hisoka and illumi fuckery, a greatly written trans character, lots of cameos of old hunters i liked and all the goddamn politics

Also that punch, MAN that felt good, i didnt like leorio that much until i saw that scene.

I really love how he ended killua arc as well

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
If Kurapika makes it out of this alive, he's gonna go home and be a family man.

hGOJNG2.png