• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
After what Hisoka did to the Phantom Troupe, I want see Chrollo get his revenge but I doubt he will be the one who will finally kill Hisoka.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I'm gonna take the risk of sounding like a snob now but...How bad is Naruto if the last manga you read were Jojo part 8 and HxH?

I don't plan on reading it but since MHA was starting to bore me to death with some of its writing I wanted to know if I got spoiled for life or just found my niche in shonen manga =/

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
I'm gonna take the risk of sounding like a snob now but...How bad is Naruto if the last manga you read were Jojo part 8 and HxH?

I don't plan on reading it but since MHA was starting to bore me to death with some of its writing I wanted to know if I got spoiled for life or just found my niche in shonen manga =/
The HxH similarities aside, I've heard decent things about the first part, which only looks to be around 250 chapters.

And then you realize there are 450 chapters after that (which is why I think stopping after the first part is a good idea lol).

OP
OP

Euphony

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

It has some good parts that I look back on fondly but umm I don't know if I'd give it a hearty recommendation, especially compared to JJL and HxH. If you got bored with MHA you probably would also be bored with Naruto, so I suppose you got lucky and found your niche right away.

Oct 25, 2017

I had to get into HxH to cleanse my palette of Naruto, it ends so fucking badly and Sasuke is such an annoying dog shit tier character that it's just a heaping mess of god damn and don't you fucking dare expect to read that shit expecting good female characters. Sakura is FUCKING HORRIBLY GOD DAMN MOTHERFUCKING WRITTEN, Hinata is shelved for a lot of it and it just wastes her potential, it's shit, it's god damn fucking shit. The best thing it's got going for it is that it's written better than Bleach.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
The HxH similarities aside, I've heard decent things about the first part, which only looks to be around 250 chapters.

And then you realize there are 450 chapters after that (which is why I think stopping after the first part is a good idea lol).
Yeah... I remember diggin the exam part, even when I was at the age i totally hated the hunter exam(they aired side by side here so it was easy to compare), but Cartoon network stopped showing anime midway so I never really watched it through, same with bleach but no one talks well of that one

It has some good parts that I look back on fondly but umm I don't know if I'd give it a hearty recommendation, especially compared to JJL and HxH. If you got bored with MHA you probably would also be bored with Naruto, so I suppose you got lucky and found your niche right away.
Damn... bad part is I really liked the start of MHA, I can't stad deku getting that much power for free... when he was just sad and weak or barely cotrolling the power I could identify a lot with him, to the point I cried myself watching the first three episodes...I'm really sad I can't enjoy that anymore x___X
I'm not sure I was lucky, feels like a curse, i'm usually _that_ person in anime discussions and all... it's not that great, at least most of my friends are in a similar wavelenght regarding that =/...
Thinking about it now I actually started HxH because I was tired of some anime tropes, but I could still watch some stuff as long as the characters did something to me

I had to get into HxH to cleanse my palette of Naruto, it ends so fucking badly and Sasuke is such an annoying dog shit tier character that it's just a heaping mess of god damn and don't you fucking dare expect to read that shit expecting good female characters. Sakura is FUCKING HORRIBLY GOD DAMN MOTHERFUCKING WRITTEN, Hinata is shelved for a lot of it and it just wastes her potential, it's shit, it's god damn fucking shit. The best thing it's got going for it is that it's written better than Bleach.
That's uh...encouraging, last memory I have of naruto were my college buddies laughing at the fight he and sasuke lose an arm or smt xD

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah... I remember diggin the exam part, even when I was at the age i totally hated the hunter exam(they aired side by side here so it was easy to compare), but Cartoon network stopped showing anime midway so I never really watched it through, same with bleach but no one talks well of that one

Damn... bad part is I really liked the start of MHA, I can't stad deku getting that much power for free... when he was just sad and weak or barely cotrolling the power I could identify a lot with him, to the point I cried myself watching the first three episodes...I'm really sad I can't enjoy that anymore x___X
I'm not sure I was lucky, feels like a curse, i'm usually _that_ person in anime discussions and all... it's not that great, at least most of my friends are in a similar wavelenght regarding that =/...
Thinking about it now I actually started HxH because I was tired of some anime tropes, but I could still watch some stuff as long as the characters did something to me

That's uh...encouraging, last memory I have of naruto were my college buddies laughing at the fight he and sasuke lose an arm or smt xD
Yes that's how it ends. Sasuke never learned something he should have learned way beforehand, I found it stupid, the fight was fun but the story around it was stupid, the friendship between Naruto and Sasuke is fucking half baked, it's not well written. There's some decent stuff in there but god damn I have no urge to rewatch Naruto at all. I'm going through Boruto at my own pace which takes a lot of breaks to allow eps to pile up, but none of that is going on my top 25 anime list so to speak.

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
Read Toriko instead Mariip you gonna have a lot more fun, or Kingdom for some epic shit.

If Kurapika makes it out of this alive, he's gonna go home and be a family man.

Kura gonna be a old man by the time he gets out, at least in lifespan.

Part 2 goes down fast, there's some interesting characters and fights but it's not worth it.

After what Hisoka did to the Phantom Troupe, I want see Chrollo get his revenge but I doubt he will be the one who will finally kill Hisoka.

Machi gonna kill him, that's my prediction.

Last edited:

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Yes that's how it ends. Sasuke never learned something he should have learned way beforehand, I found it stupid, the fight was fun but the story around it was stupid, the friendship between Naruto and Sasuke is fucking half baked, it's not well written. There's some decent stuff in there but god damn I have no urge to rewatch Naruto at all. I'm going through Boruto at my own pace which takes a lot of breaks to allow eps to pile up, but none of that is going on my top 25 anime list so to speak.
I can't really stand that toxic rivalry thing tbh...it's kind of one of the reasons I liked that MHA just made deku and bakugo get real right away and stop being little shits to each other...well, bakugo stoping being a shit, mostly. I know it's a good trope, I know it makes good battles, but if you don't write a a convincing conclusion for them to become friends later you're just teaching boys to be jealous about their buddies and not really trying to...well, grow up and get strong together? cover each other's weaknesses? That's another thing that HxH got me spoiled, Gon and Killua are just amazing pals

OP
OP

Euphony

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Lol well be glad that you didn't read up until the end of Naruto because that accurately fits the final arc. I stopped reading MHA awhile ago, I think it was the Yakuza/rescue arc, because I also got really bored with it. Shame too because I was really liking it in the beginning. The only big shounen I have left to read that interests me is One Piece, and Promised Neverland if that counts?

Well think of it this way, whenever you do find a diamond in the rough of manga it'll make it that much more memorable!

Oct 25, 2017
I can't really stand that toxic rivalry thing tbh...it's kind of one of the reasons I liked that MHA just made deku and bakugo get real right away and stop being little shits to each other...well, bakugo stoping being a shit, mostly. I know it's a good trope, I know it makes good battles, but if you don't write a a convincing conclusion for them to become friends later you're just teaching boys to be jealous about their buddies and not really trying to...well, grow up and get strong together? cover each other's weaknesses? That's another thing that HxH got me spoiled, Gon and Killua are just amazing pals
I'm assuming season four of MHA takes the end of season 3 to a logical conclusion regarding those two?

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
Lol well be glad that you didn't read up until the end of Naruto because that accurately fits the final arc. I stopped reading MHA awhile ago, I think it was the Yakuza/rescue arc, because I also got really bored with it. Shame too because I was really liking it in the beginning. The only big shounen I have left to read that interests me is One Piece, and Promised Neverland if that counts?

Well think of it this way, whenever you do find a diamond in the rough of manga it'll make it that much more memorable!

One Piece is amazing, its crazy how Oda can maintain its high quality for all these years.
Promised Neverland had probably one of the best first arc's i ever read.

Those two are great choices.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017

oh boy, I'm loving neverland @_@ The protagonists are adorable and I just love Emma >_<
Everything I hear about MHA makes me want to read less...I don't understand how it dove so low =/
I'm assuming season four of MHA takes the end of season 3 to a logical conclusion regarding those two?
AHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHA
No they skip scenes to another villain arc where Bakugo barely shows up and you get another classmate(now a veteran) for Deku to interact with. idk what comes after that

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
So Buff Pip Boy becomes a main?
Dont get your hopes up.
He becomes a sacrificial pawn in order to teach Deku something about the weight of responsability or some shit like that, all I know is that he loses his powers and they stay lost despite they having a kid that can reverse the process cause her quirk is basically crazy diamond(rewind)

Oct 25, 2017
IIda is the true star of My Hero Academia.
Todoroki is my boy.
Dont get your hopes up.
He becomes a sacrificial pawn in order to teach Deku something about the weight of responsability or some shit like that, all I know is that he loses his powers and they stay lost despite they having a kid that can reverse the process cause her quirk is basically crazy diamond(rewind)
Don't even know how to feel about this...

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
I watched for curiosity a few episodes of the last arc and found it very boring, the manga too i just been skipping pages because there's only a character identity that interest me.
I guess i learned my lesson from Naruto.

After seeing Sasuke and Sakura together, I said nope. I'm not watching this dumpster fire again.

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
After seeing Sasuke and Sakura together, I said nope. I'm not watching this dumpster fire again.

I bypassed all that, i watched the Naruto/Sasuke fight and it had great animation that's worth it to see, and then i saw like 3 episodes of Oonoki arc and said to nope.

In the manga im just waiting to see if
the new guy is a Jiraya clone or whats the deal with him
after that im done, i actually legit couldn't believe when they
decided to bring back AO as a half cyborg as part of a new evil group
fucking lol i just been skipping pages with no regret now.

Naruto has a place in my heart since it got me back into anime and into manga for the first time, but im done with it.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2017
One of the things I'm loving about the current arc is the interplay of esoteric nen abilities with politics and laws.

Take Halkenburg for example He gets one of the strongest Nen abilities in the series, an ability that "will guaranty victory in 1 on 1 combat"
xg1pvcf.jpg

How do his enemies overcome this seemingly insurmountable obstacle?
They call the fucking cops on him.

gj302FU.jpg

Last edited:

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
wait, that means Halkenburg can kill her in jail if one of his buddies comes to visit? =P

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
Going by these nen beast powers from the top princes i can't wait to see Benny's, it's gonna be broken that's for sure.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
If he gets a partner visiting him he can use his arrows, the arrow is an emission technique so it goes through walls, since he's not dealing a killing blow on Camilla the souls will switch, the question is: when his partner kills himself in Camilla's body, will her ability trigger or not?

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
I think Halk needs atleast 1 other person to use his Bow and Arrow ability.
Otherwise his aura can only form the Bow
If he gets a partner visiting him he can use his arrows, the arrow is an emission technique so it goes through walls, since he's not dealing a killing blow on Camilla the souls will switch, the question is: when his partner kills himself in Camilla's body, will her ability trigger or not?
Oh. I don't think one would be enough for a shot, given what we were told earlier:

mcT8gnj.png

And he had at least 8 with him when he shot Shikaku:

Wiav0is.png

Also, from that pic above:

4brmMIx.png

Oct 25, 2017
One of the things I'm loving about the current arc is the interplay of esoteric nen abilities with politics and laws.

Take Halkenburg for example He gets one of the strongest Nen abilities in the series, an ability that "will guaranty victory in 1 on 1 combat"
xg1pvcf.jpg

How do his enemies overcome this seemingly insurmountable obstacle?
They call the fucking cops on him.

gj302FU.jpg
Lol calling the cops wouldn't solve shit in DBZ.

Ultra

Oct 30, 2017
How powerful is Midoriya now? Not caught up with Manga, does Gon still snap him in two?

Oct 29, 2017
Oh. I don't think one would be enough for a shot, given what we were told earlier:

mcT8gnj.png

And he had at least 8 with him when he shot Shikaku:

Wiav0is.png

Also, from that pic above:

4brmMIx.png

I'd think he'd be able to fire a weaker version with fewer people.
but him not being able to shoot at all without all 8 people as a weakness is just as likely

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
If you haven't already, you should read or watch Hikaru No Go. It's shounen and closer to a sports manga I guess, but it's very good. I'm sure people who know my post history are tired of me recommending it, but it honestly has one of the best and most beautifully developed rivalries I've ever read. Easily in my top 5 series of all time. I think a lot of people missed or have forgotten about it over the years.

I won't ever fail to recommend it when the opportunity arises. lol
Idk... i like my magic mumbo jumbo battles ;-;
How powerful is Midoriya now? Not caught up with Manga, does Gon still snap him in two?
one for all transfers all previous user's quirks to the current user, meaning he can use two quirks with potential for 6 more i think

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Eh, maybe. Depends on what it actually turns out to be. It didn't go so well for Deku when it first happened.
Eh, its a shonen manga centered around the one all mighty main character so im pretty sure he'll pull that off and that kinda takes the fun away from it :/

I liked it better when we could bately think he'd make it in one piece till the end but he was trying cause he's a good boy

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I really love how Pitou came out of the egg sac as a mad scientist. Had a science lab two minutes later.
I'm starting to understand why you like Giorno now lol

I wonder if the queen ate a Medicine Nobel prize winner when she made Pitou... that would kinda mean Meruem was made by eating the whole Hikaru no go cast though...

Oct 25, 2017
I'm starting to understand why you like Giorno now lol

I wonder if the queen ate a Medicine Nobel prize winner when she made Pitou... that would kinda mean Meruem was made by eating the whole Hikaru no go cast though...
Giorno is quite smart to figure that much obtuse bullshit out on the fly. Gold Experience is only that broken because he knows how to use it to it's potential. Imagine if Okuyasu has it.